Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

People talking about scouting as a question mark. How many times did we see a player signed only to be replaced by another player during the season? To me that says they are always actively recruiting and have guys on their wish list pegged a lil higher than others.

I like that in a scouting team.

Chris Jones declined an opportunity for an interview the last go round here.

Details?  When and for what position?

If I am not mistaken after they canned Burke, Jones was on their list and he wasn't interested. He went to Edmonton instead (probably because they were not a utterly talentless lot and had a good GM).

Revisionist history be dammed but pretty sure Jones was named head coach in Edmonton b4 Walters was even named GM here. O'shea was hired tge same year as Jones. Several weeks b4 O'shea was hired even. Not convinced he was ever really an option for us. And let's no pretend Hervey was some great GM at the time either. Was pretty much a rookie GM too.

At this point, I think this is getting blown out of proportion by the media. I don't think this realistically has the legs they are trying to give it. I would think the likelihood of Jones going to the Riders is slim. It would be insane for the Esks to let him go....and they don't have too.

Do the Esks hate the Riders as much as we do?

Yes, yes they do. Doesn't everyone hate the Riders?

Thanks for the clarification. I just wasn't sure if it was a prairie rivalry or extended further. 

At this point, I think this is getting blown out of proportion by the media. I don't think this realistically has the legs they are trying to give it. I would think the likelihood of Jones going to the Riders is slim. It would be insane for the Esks to let him go....and they don't have too.

Thanks for the clarification. I just wasn't sure if it was a prairie rivalry or extended further. 

It's mainly Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton, but most of the league isn't fond of the Riders.

It's mainly Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton, but most of the league isn't fond of the Riders.

Fact: It's because they suck so much.

Fact: It's because they suck so much.

Sadly true this year.

Basically the cities within driving distance of Regina, mostly because they see more fans in their stadiums for games

It's not even the team. It's just the God awful bandwagon fans. The worst thing in all of sports.

One nice thing about a smaller stadium and a big season ticket count is most of the idiot bandwagon people can't get a ticket for the game. Sadly you likely see more idiots at the road games than you would see if you came to regina to watch the game.

I once had a Rider fan tell me that he thought Stegall was half the receiver Matt Dominguez was....I spent the rest of the game telling as many people around me as I could. Just so we could all laugh in his face as Stegall continued to break records.

my favourite was always the Chris szarka is just as good as mike sellers types.

A bunch of the rider hate stems from the arrogance of the fan base, the whole idea that TSN refers to them as "Canadas Team" is sickening, the fact that most of the fans there tend to ignore that not long ago they were on the brink of pretty much being done for, the bandwagon fans too, the color of the jersey even.. The hype they get from  TSN... it's sickening... 

Is it a valid comparison? Let's see, It's like watching the leafs play the Jets on sportsnet... or any team really play the Jets on sportsnet... But i'm gonna use the Leafs because they are also hyped as being "Canadas team" of sorts.... They hype them so much, they talk about them so much, they ignore the other team, they lose 6-1 for example and they are going on and on about a goal being taken away from them... It's just sickening to listen too and you can only deal with so much as a fan of another team.  The other team they play gets very little credit, It's the same with the riders, hyped as Canadas team, over and over and over, announcers pretty much verbally masturbating about everything the riders do while pretty much ignoring the team they are playing...

Riders could be down 50-0 and the announcers would still be hyping them, same as the leafs on sportsnet, lose 6-1 to the Jets the other night but... do they talk about the Jets? Nope, they just talk about the leafs. 

Pretty simple for me. I hate the Riders. I don't care who they play. Even if a Rider loss affects our playoff chances I hate that team enough to still want them to lose. I never want them to win. They almost had a perfect season 0-18 but that was spoiled when 3 CFL teams including us felt sorry for them & let them win. I laugh at every interception, fumble, bad penalty call & resulting loss that happens to them. For me, goes back to Roy Shivers & just how much of a **** he was as Riders GM. The Riders fanbase are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers & some of the idiots like Migs come on to other team's websites to gloat when they were winning only to crawl back into their caves when they lose. It's mostly the fanbase that is the problem. I don't hate the players, I hate the fanbase.