Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

Funny thing what ever Chung is getting paid is very cost friendly for the production they are getting out him. But it's nice of the Riders to be the knights in shining armour to save the rest of 8 teams in the up coming years ?. It's great though the Riders won't have to over pay next year on their first overall pick. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Market correction? Lol that should "correct" the market for the next...oh I don't know, 11 months or so.

That theory is dumb. And I pray to god it's true!

It's the old MUTCUB (made up to cover up bias) trick ...

Let's say we did not like how much France was paying for their wine and decided to make a market correction a la Riders by refusing to pay any more than $5.00 for Canadian wine.  When we told them what how we had fixed it they would say: "monsieur, allez manger du caca."

The power generation comes from legs and hips and goes up. Lower body strength is more important, but great upper body strength can really bail a tackle out.  Of course foot speed hip fluidity and such are all very important at tackle too. What ever a Ts weakest at is most important to him. Lots of linemen out there dont have particularly big arms for their stature. But they all have big legs. Its kinda taken for granted that when your 300+ and play a sport at a high level that your legs will be pretty damn strong. I think thats why 225 reps at the combine is thought soo highly of for linemen. If a guy has strong upper body and is that big his legs probably wont be lagging too badily. 

For me though ill take a quick/explosive tackle over any other single attribute. 

8 hours ago, IC Khari said:

All is well in Rider Stronson's Rider World, no matter how much everything is crumbling all around him ...

6qxw88.gif

Mike Lucas attempted to engage RS into a battle of wits but soon found out he was beating up on an unarmed man. :D

Edited by LeBird

33 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Where does the fun start?... I just looked and it's 100+ pages long!!

Well the whole 100 pages are pretty funny but the last five or so is where things get undone for the poor RS.

Sorry Bigblue, didn't see your post.  :)

Edited by LeBird

Stupid phone. 

I always thought technique plus foot work were most important for an OL. I mean I look at a guy like Tyson Pence who was huge... jacked... but wasn't very good at all. Didn't have the technique and foot work down so he failed 

10 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Well the whole 100 pages are pretty funny but the last five or so is where things get undone for the poor RS.

Sorry Bigblue, didn't see your post.  :)

I jumped to about 60 and we're right before camp is about to start and he's not signed... things are starting to heat up...

giphy.gif