Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

5 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Hey, let's not knock a guy for shedding a few tears when an entire year of rehab goes up in smoke, twice.

Too late, I've knocked him too many times to stop now. The rider fans at labour day last year can attest to that. (to be fair, I could feel for him if he wasn't a rider. But being what it is...he can go to hell) 

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Not sure where to put this,  but Chris Cuthbert tweeted this morning that TSN's tentative preseason schedule has four games, including both Bomber games.   

Honestly, I prefer CJOB's broadcast of pre-season because at least Irving knows the players and has been following camp. That first game, especially, you won't see many vets, and TSN won't  know any of the players....yeah, you get a visual for yourself, but who gives a ****. I think I'll listen to Irving over TSN anyhow...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Honestly, I prefer CJOB's broadcast of pre-season because at least Irving knows the players and has been following camp. That first game, especially, you won't see many vets, and TSN won't  know any of the players....yeah, you get a visual for yourself, but who gives a ****. I think I'll listen to Irving over TSN anyhow...

Plus then you can keep your eyes on the clouds so you don't miss the chance to yell at them as they go by.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I usually mute the tv and listen to the radio. Then I have the best of both worlds. TSN doesn't know the friggin players half the season, LOL

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I usually mute the tv and listen to the radio. Then I have the best of both worlds. TSN doesn't know the friggin players half the season, LOL

If Rod Black does play by play you can learn about all the dads of the TCF

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Plus then you can keep your eyes on the clouds so you don't miss the chance to yell at them as they go by.

You never said I'm wrong.......and if listening to the radio vs watching TV is the determiner of "old man"................

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The ideal situation for me is listen to the game on CJOB live because Bob is a ******* legend and way better than the hacks that TSN will have and then watch a PVR of the game afterwards to see what actually happened. Maybe I got too much time on my hands but **** it, it's Bomber football, you can never get enough. 

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You never said I'm wrong.......and if listening to the radio vs watching TV is the determiner of "old man"................

Well I oughtta....back in the day we didn't need TVs....we would all huddle around the fire and turn on the floor model transistor radio and listen to Foster and Perc call the Canadians vs. Leafs game when the broadcast started midway through the 2nd period.....the back of our eyelids was our TV screen. Yessir...you whippersnappers and your newfangled screens...use your imagination like we did back in the day. That was our entertainment I tell ya.

21 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Well I oughtta....back in the day we didn't need TVs....we would all huddle around the fire and turn on the floor model transistor radio and listen to Foster and Perc call the Canadians vs. Leafs game when the broadcast started midway through the 2nd period.....the back of our eyelids was our TV screen. Yessir...you whippersnappers and your newfangled screens...use your imagination like we did back in the day. That was our entertainment I tell ya.

CanadiEns........they're French, not Canadian. :) 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I think the guy that could make the biggest impact this year is Loffler, to be honest.

Loffler could easily tempt the Bombers to go a National at that position (safety). I was told to watch Loffler by a minor league official here in Kelowna because of the plays he was making. Neither he, nor I, expected the Bombers to get him. He'll get in games, on defence, sooner than later.

Edited by Mr Dee

Super run down of the off season by Jeff Hamilton in the Free Press in a chrological format. For instance, 

Nov 10 - Jamaal Westerman and Johnny Adams named West Division All-Stars. Also, Marcel Bellefeuille's contract as OC is not renewed.

Dec 30 - Bombers release Dominic Picard 

Jan. 5 - Matt Nichols signs a 1 year extension.....Jan 6 - Bye bye Brian Brohm                   

Jan. 15 - Alex Suber signs a one day contract to retire as a Blue Bomber.      

Here's the link - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Blue-and-Gold-Tracks-381130841.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter