Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

Tough on them not having signed St. John but hey, they signed all three of their other picks. :)

If these guys make the play off, Pope Francis will consider that a miracle worth of elevating  Jones to Sainthood.

Should he fail and have a bad year, he will be canonized with a Howitzer

Edited by LeBird

14 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/05/25/argos-monroe-smith-announce-retirement/

Monroe was part of an off-season trade with Sask.

Jones and company are going to get this incredibly right or going to get this incredibly wrong. Nothing in-between here is my guess.

Wonder how Jones will handle the media and their fans if the ship hits an iceberg hard. Right now, he's still in the honeymoon phase.  

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Jones and company are going to get this incredibly right or going to get this incredibly wrong. Nothing in-between here is my guess.

Wonder how Jones will handle the media and their fans if the ship hits an iceberg hard. Right now, he's still in the honeymoon phase.  

Jones will burn up much like Chamblin did.  I do, however feel Jones is a far better football person. Definitely in honeymoon phase here. For me personally, I think we have made enough moves. No more, lets get on the field and see what we got.

50 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He blew up the team, nobody can realistically expect him to patch it together within 6 months.  Right now he's shoving round plugs in square holes.

On 5/24/2016 at 8:48 PM, Jacquie said:

According to the US Passport website, expedited service will take 3 weeks unless you can show you need it sooner. I don't know if that applies to replacing a lost one or not.

I think ours is a little more understanding. I once had a new one printed same day when I was leaving for a trip and made that dreadful realization that I'd lost mine.

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey Jamie Nye of the Saskatchewan media claims the Riders have great NI talent and depth and could start 8-9 guys. Grey Cup and 20-0 for those guys. :)

I saw that, and was wondering how much that guy must have been drinking.

They have plenty of depth, I don't see how that depth has improved over last year let alone "being the best it's been in some time". That's just a ridiculous statement.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He blew up the team, nobody can realistically expect him to patch it together within 6 months.  Right now he's shoving round plugs in square holes.

Thing is, he made the decision to blow the team up and in some cases, imo, deleting quality 'square plugs' he already had in place. So, if I was a fan of this team, which thank God I'm not (whatever God you may or may not believe in), then yes I would expect it is up to him to patch certain areas together in an expedient way because he already had it in place but chose his own pegs. Okay I'm going to stop posting about Chris Jones.

Go Blue! 

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

They are a very overlooked part of all defences.

All kidding aside. Its huge to have a kicker that can pound the ball deep on punts. It can change the field position battle around in a hurry. Sadly in our case, it didn't matter much last year as we couldn't stop anyone anyway. But assuming/ hoping our defense will be better, a kicker is something we really needed.

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

All kidding aside. Its huge to have a kicker that can pound the ball deep on punts. It can change the field position battle around in a hurry. Sadly in our case, it didn't matter much last year as we couldn't stop anyone anyway. But assuming/ hoping our defense will be better, a kicker is something we really needed.

You couldn't get any worst. 

1 minute ago, holoman said:

You think that Mike?

No doubt in my mind Saskatchewan has a worse defense than us this year. The only spot they rate out evenly to us on paper is in the linebacking group. They've added some great pieces but that secondary is going to be a nightmare early on.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Guaranteed you.

You know that isn't true. We'll be middle of the pack this year, and a war machine next year. Jones may very well fail miserably in Sask, but it won't be on the defensive side of things and we both know it.