Chris Matthews waived

IC Khari

That's the beauty of the salary cap- it puts all the teams on an equal footing (barring some creative player funding) and there is no reason the Bombers can't be competitive, particularly if they dump some deadwood (I'm looking at you, Picard).

:o

I'd love to see Moore, Adams and Mathews on the starting core, Adams did enough to earn the starting spot.

Moore, Denmark and Matthews on the starting core, with Dough Alert and Gudino.....Adams as depth or in some situations where you run 4 IMP REC......unless they can somehow recruit a young quality receiver outta the states....

Chris Matthews, Nick Moore, Ryan Smith, Clarence Denmark, Rory Kohlert

.. or Manny Arcenaux instead of Moore.

:wub:

If Walters managed to add Chris Matthews, Ryan Smith and Manny Arcenaux this off-season, I'd stop bitching about him and go down to TC and give him a six pack of beer.

Although to be fair, I'd likely start bitching about him two weeks later.

I'd love to see Moore, Adams and Mathews on the starting core, Adams did enough to earn the starting spot.

Moore, Denmark and Matthews on the starting core, with Dough Alert and Gudino.....Adams as depth or in some situations where you run 4 IMP REC......unless they can somehow recruit a young quality receiver outta the states....

Yeah Adams as a DI I got no problems with but if we're adding a Chris Matthews then the obvious answer is that he simply takes Adams spot because they play the same spot only Matthews does it much much better. 

Other teams will be in on Matthews but that Ottawa report is a complete fabrication by Baines. For only 3 days was Matthews a FA in the CFL while the Ottawa franchise was in existence and it had been widely reported that he had NFL interest before FA began.. Would Mr.Baines have us believe that imbetween us , and him signing in the NFL, that the RedBlacks nearly wooed him away from the NFL....LOL.

Didn't Matthews fall off a lot second season here?

Sure did, I would go after Arcenaux hard before considering Matthews as an impact receiver.  Manny is the physical beast the Bombers lack in their receiving core, in fact I can't recall them ever having a receiver with both size and power.  Surprised  that Nik Lewis style receivers are not more common in the CFL as the D backs are generally smallish guys and receivers with some bulk can cause a lot of havoc once they get space to operate.

Other teams will be in on Matthews but that Ottawa report is a complete fabrication by Baines. For only 3 days was Matthews a FA in the CFL while the Ottawa franchise was in existence and it had been widely reported that he had NFL interest before FA began.. Would Mr.Baines have us believe that imbetween us , and him signing in the NFL, that the RedBlacks nearly wooed him away from the NFL....LOL.

Sorry, this is wrong.

Matthews was cut by Seattle in September last year in what wasn't just a roster shuffle. They let him go and he was on the outs in the NFL, he tried out for Washington and a few other teams. Ottawa (and Winnipeg) threw tempting money at him to get him to choose the CFL over an NFL PR deal, then injuries took him back to Seattle and the rest is history.

EDIT: I see you read my post on TEP lol