Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

It's unfortunate that we have to place people on ignore, but some people just scream out "Add me! Add me!". Thanks for the reminder Blitzmore. I'm looking forward to a much more enjoyable experience now.

Hey if enjoying a forum is only seeing like minded opinions that's totally up to you.If we were all rah rah we could go 0-18 every year and just gather in a circle and sing praise be Blue!☺

It has nothing to do with "rah-rah".  It has to do with some people contributing nothing but whining about how bad the team is.  I'm quite willing to except that this team has a lot of warts and if people want to discuss those warts intelligently, I'm all for it.  If, on the other hand, people just want to ***** non stop in every thread they can, adding nothing of value to the conversations whatsoever, there's no intelligent discussion to be had so... off to the ignore list they go.  

It's unfortunate that we have to place people on ignore, but some people just scream out "Add me! Add me!". Thanks for the reminder Blitzmore. I'm looking forward to a much more enjoyable experience now.

Hey if enjoying a forum is only seeing like minded opinions that's totally up to you.If we were all rah rah we could go 0-18 every year and just gather in a circle and sing praise be Blue!☺

It has nothing to do with "rah-rah". It has to do with some people contributing nothing but whining about how bad the team is. I'm quite willing to except that this team has a lot of warts and if people want to discuss those warts intelligently, I'm all for it. If, on the other hand, people just want to ***** non stop in every thread they can, adding nothing of value to the conversations whatsoever, there's no intelligent discussion to be had so... off to the ignore list they go.

Completely agree!

But being a mod I get to witness the forum in all its unadulterated glory.

It has nothing to do with "rah-rah". It has to do with some people contributing nothing but whining about how bad the team is. I'm quite willing to except that this team has a lot of warts and if people want to discuss those warts intelligently, I'm all for it. If, on the other hand, people just want to ***** non stop in every thread they can, adding nothing of value to the conversations whatsoever, there's no intelligent discussion to be had so... off to the ignore list they go.
Completely agree!

But that is kinda the point ,good,bad ,unpopular really it's a forum,just opinions we are just slinging and seeing what sticks.But again if your bothered by opinions be it constant anything aren't you taking this forum a little too seriously? Just my opinion no harm meant

Completely agree!

But that is kinda the point ,good,bad ,unpopular really it's a forum,just opinions we are just slinging and seeing what sticks.But again if your bothered by opinions be it constant anything aren't you taking this forum a little too seriously? Just my opinion no harm meant

Some people just don't offer anything of any value. Nothing to do with being serious or not.

There are posters who put a negative slant to everything, so if the bombers sign someone, they overpaid because that's the only way to bring someone here. If we don't sign someone it's because we're cheap and won't pay. If the GM or coach does something right it's only because it was the horribly obvious option that couldn't be missed on. It gots on and on.

Some posters just have no clue, and will show it by doing things like referencing cflcapgeek as a valid source of information

Some posters will compare trash every move the bombers make, and wish we had made a move more like something the Stampeders do.

Some posters are willing to engage in actual discussion. Some of them have excellent football knowledge and provide insight that isn't found behind the paywall of the free press. Some of them even disagree with each other, but can have a reasoned discussion. If I can ignore the ones who add nothing to focus on those that do, that's the choice I'll make. And I thank the many posters who do have something to contribute.

I also have no issue with you stating your disagreement, it's not about if we agree or disagree, often it's about how we agree or disagree.

Big advantage to the ignore function is if you ignore enough posters, you can fool yourself into thinking that 'everyone' agrees with you.

Some people put nothing but a positive spin on everything. When we sign someone they are the greatest signing ever no matter what kind of baggage they may bring with them. Every decision made by the current regime is good and everyone who's cut is garbage.

Our record doesn't matter if it's bad because it can be wished away by blaming the refs or changing a few important plays during the game or explained away with 'what if' scenarios. I honestly think that if we missed the playoffs 4 years in a row they'd still want to keep the current regime, would only type about the good things and would complain about everyone who doesn't share their opinions.

They start arguments about who's a better fan and call out other posters with 'Eat Crow' and 'I told you so' and 'See I was right all along' after wins or when under performing players have 1 good game. They often attack the posters instead of the post. They create a lot of arguments in the name of positivity almost forcing rebuttals. They contend that the so called negative posters wouldn't be happy with a good season followed by a grey cup, which is so far from the truth as to be laughable. The  negativity stems from the poor play and poor records.

All that being said, I haven't 'ignored' any posters. Seeing both sides of all things Bombers is important to discussion of the issues. An 'all things rainbows, lolipops and unicorns' wouldn't hold my interest any more than an 'all gloom and doom' would.

Big advantage to the ignore function is if you ignore enough posters, you can fool yourself into thinking that 'everyone' agrees with you.

Some people put nothing but a positive spin on everything. When we sign someone they are the greatest signing ever no matter what kind of baggage they may bring with them. Every decision made by the current regime is good and everyone who's cut is garbage.

Our record doesn't matter if it's bad because it can be wished away by blaming the refs or changing a few important plays during the game or explained away with 'what if' scenarios. I honestly think that if we missed the playoffs 4 years in a row they'd still want to keep the current regime, would only type about the good things and would complain about everyone who doesn't share their opinions.

They start arguments about who's a better fan and call out other posters with 'Eat Crow' and 'I told you so' and 'See I was right all along' after wins or when under performing players have 1 good game. They often attack the posters instead of the post. They create a lot of arguments in the name of positivity almost forcing rebuttals. They contend that the so called negative posters wouldn't be happy with a good season followed by a grey cup, which is so far from the truth as to be laughable. The  negativity stems from the poor play and poor records.

All that being said, I haven't 'ignored' any posters. Seeing both sides of all things Bombers is important to discussion of the issues. An 'all things rainbows, lolipops and unicorns' wouldn't hold my interest any more than an 'all gloom and doom' would.

Just because you put "the worst" on ignore doesn't mean everything else is rainbows and roses...quite the narrow view.

Just because you put "the worst" on ignore doesn't mean everything else is rainbows and roses...quite the narrow view.

Yeah, we still have to read Blitzmore's posts after all.  *shudder*

Captain Blue, any qualified coach who is in a good situation with their team won't leave to come here. The coach that will come are young coaches who never were OC's wanting to prove themselves like Khari Jones or fired coaches looking for a new gig like Paul LaPolice. Dependent on the Saskatchewan situation & if a new HC is hired there, maybe Jacques Chapdelaine. The guys we probably all want are gainfully under contract, in the playoffs on a superior team & pushing for a championship.

But youre assuming that because they're on a winning team that they're in a good situation. What if Brady is tired of being in Milanovich's shadow. What if Condell is getting stressed out with Austin yelling at him every time something goes wrong with the offense.
What if they're not?

What if they are?

What if they're not?

Thank for giving me yet another example of what irks me about how you post.  In this case Logan makes a valid point and asks a very valid question and you completely dismiss it, instead of addressing it.  

Then JBR tries to redirect you back onto the point at hand, and again you completely ignore this and post the same comment back. Then you expect an answer to your question?

I don't know if it's just ignorance, disrespect to the poster, or both.   Like seriously....

Completely agree!

Some people just don't offer anything of any value. Nothing to do with being serious or not.

There are posters who put a negative slant to everything, so if the bombers sign someone, they overpaid because that's the only way to bring someone here. If we don't sign someone it's because we're cheap and won't pay. If the GM or coach does something right it's only because it was the horribly obvious option that couldn't be missed on. It gots on and on.

Some posters just have no clue, and will show it by doing things like referencing cflcapgeek as a valid source of information

Some posters will compare trash every move the bombers make, and wish we had made a move more like something the Stampeders do.

Some posters are willing to engage in actual discussion. Some of them have excellent football knowledge and provide insight that isn't found behind the paywall of the free press. Some of them even disagree with each other, but can have a reasoned discussion. If I can ignore the ones who add nothing to focus on those that do, that's the choice I'll make. And I thank the many posters who do have something to contribute.

I also have no issue with you stating your disagreement, it's not about if we agree or disagree, often it's about how we agree or disagree.

You make some good if not harsh points.

I left the other Blue Bombers forum because it didn't provide for an ignore option, even though I asked the mods there if that would be possible.  I was told that I should just ignore one particular poster by not reading his stuff, even though, as I pointed out to them, he posts in just about every single thread and causes lots of issues, not because he is full of gloom and doom, but because he's insanely optimistic.  So no, the ignore option, which I've used on only 2 occasions, is not to drown out voices that I don't agree with, it's to filter out the noise.

So thank you to the people running this board for giving us users the power to filter the discussion as needed.  It is appreciated.

CFL News  ‏@CFL_News  · 8m8 minutes ago 
Names from outside #CFL we’ve heard are Doug Berry and Danny Barrett (for #Bombers OC). via @garylawless & @TSNDaveNaylor

CFL News  ‏@CFL_News  · 11m11 minutes ago 
Top candidates on #Bombers OC wish list will be #Redblacks’ OC Jason Maas and @PaulLaPolice. #CFL via @garylawless & @TSNDaveNaylor

J5V, I think people on this board would consider someone like Dave Dickenson, Tommy Condell, Marcus Brady & Jason Maas quality coaches. Some may consider Jacques Chapdelaine, George Cortez & Paul LaPolice quality coaches...

Would you agree that we are more than an OC away from having what it takes to make the playoffs or would landing a Chapdelaine be enough?

Chaps has a very complex offense. It's not a qb friendly offense as Jacques never played the position so he doesn't look at things the way a qb would as far as reads & progressions go. But he's had success. The thing of it is, it's a throw first offense & we saw this year with Messam that even if the run game was working, he'd go awy from it. Some fans like Jacques & some don't. He's much better OC than MB was. However, he lost 2 qbs running that offense & that was a major complaint about MB so that's something to consider when discussing Chapdelaine.