Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

We know that Stubler and Steinauer were his first two choices, but he couldn't get them to come to Winnipeg. Stubler was close, at one point, but eventually chose Calgary, which you can't blame him for.

This team had a REAL bad reputation, but nice to see that players and coaches are seeing the change, even if fans don't know anything...

I maintain that this team isn't viewed any better today than it was 2 years ago as nothing has changed. No one who is a quality coach employed now will come here if they are already a coordinator somewhere else. Why would they? So, it'll be a position coach who wants the promotion. But probably an unproven rookie OC who was a position coach. So, don't expect Jason Maas to come here. Don't expect Marcus Brady. Or George Cortez.They won't be coming. It's the culture. It's just what they do. It's The Bomber Way.

Of course you maintain that view. You're here only to piss and moan about anything and everything related to the Bombers. If you're so troubled by this organization, why don't you do yourself a favour and move on because your routine is getting old, friend, it's getting real old.
And Hall came here. He didnt have to. Imo he is a top tier coordinator and he wanted to coach here. Why is it crazy to think someone of Brady or Cortez or maas (if available) wouldnt want to work with Willy and our up and coming oline guys? Or maybe work themselves into a line to a HC gig?

No.. Much more easy to just assume we will land crap and parade it around like a filet mignon.

Mmmmm...filet mignon.

Hall had no other choices than Winnipeg if he wanted to be a CFL DC. 

We paid Westerman more than other teams offered. Turned out to be money well spent. We overpaid Picard and Moore too. Didn't turn out as well.

The blog is by the Bombers Director of Communications. It's designed to present the most positive view of the team. It's the Bomber view of how things are in Bomberland, not a non-partisan view.

I'd like to see us go outside our comfort zone and pay a good experienced OC enough to get them to come to the Peg, but I fear that ISO's right and we'll end up with a newbie OC or one who doesn't have a very good resume.

If quality coaches wouldn't come in 2014, why do fans here think they'll come in 2016?

Well, we landed one in 2015.  Maybe real professionals look at more than just the win/loss record before they make a decision.   

Sure & Dorothy said she didn't think she was in Kansas anymore either.

If quality coaches wouldn't come in 2014, why do fans here think they'll come in 2016?

Because the view on our squad has changed regardless of the fact you refuse to see it?

If players are viewing us as a destination and not a penance.. Thats a postive change. If a player is saying we are looking more "nfl" then other teams.. Thats a positive.

Changed? How so, SPuDS?? This is  still a circus. O'Shea has fired all 3 of his coordinators that he originally hired. With a new OC coming in, it'll mean more coaches will be let go & new ones brought in. This is still a losing organization. This is still a coaches graveyard. A virtual cemetery. Maybe the HC stays for the duration of his contract but the assistants & coordinators are in constant flux. No one who is worth hiring wants to come here to have a gun pointed at their  head the first day on the job.

The head coach has 1 more year remaining on his contract & won't be offered a new one until he can actually prove he can coach a winner & make the Bombers a playoff football team. Why would anyone who is on a better team with better personnel just up & quit their team to coach here to be probably buried as a coach? I can't see it.

Happens all the time actually in the CFL and other major sports leagues.

Some coaches are available after staff changes, some are looking for promotions, some are looking for new challenges, etc.

Just because you or someone else views a move to Winnipeg this way does not actually mean that everyone does. In my opinion that's what you are forgetting.

Bad teams manage to hire good coaches all the time in pro sports.

Captain Blue, any qualified coach who is in a good situation with their team won't leave to come here. The coach that will come are young coaches who never were OC's wanting to prove themselves like Khari Jones or fired coaches looking for a new gig like Paul LaPolice. Dependent on the Saskatchewan situation & if a new HC is hired there, maybe Jacques Chapdelaine. The guys we probably all want are gainfully under contract, in the playoffs on a superior team & pushing for a championship.

Because the view on our squad has changed regardless of the fact you refuse to see it?

If players are viewing us as a destination and not a penance.. Thats a postive change. If a player is saying we are looking more "nfl" then other teams.. Thats a positive.

Changed? How so, SPuDS?? This is  still a circus. O'Shea has fired all 3 of his coordinators that he originally hired. With a new OC coming in, it'll mean more coaches will be let go & new ones brought in. This is still a losing organization. This is still a coaches graveyard. A virtual cemetery. Maybe the HC stays for the duration of his contract but the assistants & coordinators are in constant flux. No one who is worth hiring wants to come here to have a gun pointed at their  head the first day on the job.

The head coach has 1 more year remaining on his contract & won't be offered a new one until he can actually prove he can coach a winner & make the Bombers a playoff football team. Why would anyone who is on a better team with better personnel just up & quit their team to coach here to be probably buried as a coach? I can't see it.

When we talk "quality coaches" what do we mean? Please help me analyze this. This is a 9 team league and 6 teams make the playoffs. That tells me that, on average, our coaches and players rank somewhere in the 7-9 range. In other words, if our coaches and players were better than the coaches and players on 3 other teams, we would likely make the playoffs, all other things being equal. The question for me is what would it take to get us into at least the number 6 slot? 

I'm thinking a good OC isn't going to be enough but he needs to be at least a 5. Same with O'Shea. He needs to coach at at least a 5 level. Same with Hall. Now Miller obviously thinks very highly of Walters and our coaches, sans Bellefeuille. Do you agree? Are they good enough and at least in the middle of the pack?

Then our roster of players needs to be upgraded to at least a number 5 or 6 spot as well. O'Shea said he thinks his players are good enough now. Is that realistic? Was our coaching that bad this year?

Are our GM, players and coaches good enough to get us into the playoffs? Are we a few tweaks away, or are we not even close?

Because, as has been stated multiple times, the reputation is changing. Regardless of what you Rabble Rabble types say, players and coaches are wanting to come there. Westerman came because he said it's being run like an NFL organization. The wins might not be there, but the culture is changing and wins should hopefully follow.
We will see now won't we?No more excuses left.

2014= new and rookie CEO/prez (miller), not as new but still first time GM (Walters - was assistant gm previously i think to mack)  and rookie HC (OShea).

Some people might have been turned off by the inexperience, not because they couldn't be a good working group, but they just don't know,  and that's a huge gamble your betting your own reputation/job on in coming into the unknown. 

2016 - 3rd year for all 3, now other coaches can get a better feel for what these guys bring to the table and direction/vision they have. much better for confidence and reassurance. Flip side much easier to say thanks but no thanks quicker too.

Are the bombers a powerhouse, hell no. but I think factoring in the injuries we sustained (yes yes everyone had injuries) some coaches will for sure see some upside that maybe they feel they could help contribute to turning it around. My guess is in 2014 we didnt get many looks from experienced and seasoned coaches. 3 years later i bet the number of inquiries about jobs here grows substantially, like from 1 guy calling to maybe 4!!!

Captain Blue, any qualified coach who is in a good situation with their team won't leave to come here. The coach that will come are young coaches who never were OC's wanting to prove themselves like Khari Jones or fired coaches looking for a new gig like Paul LaPolice. Dependent on the Saskatchewan situation & if a new HC is hired there, maybe Jacques Chapdelaine. The guys we probably all want are gainfully under contract, in the playoffs on a superior team & pushing for a championship.

But youre assuming that because they're on a winning team that they're in a good situation. What if Brady is tired of being in Milanovich's shadow. What if Condell is getting stressed out with Austin yelling at him every time something goes wrong with the offense. I doubt Austin is someone everyone enjoys working for when he's always yelling at everyone? There are more reasons then being fired or losing to leave a team.

Captain Blue, any qualified coach who is in a good situation with their team won't leave to come here. The coach that will come are young coaches who never were OC's wanting to prove themselves like Khari Jones or fired coaches looking for a new gig like Paul LaPolice. Dependent on the Saskatchewan situation & if a new HC is hired there, maybe Jacques Chapdelaine. The guys we probably all want are gainfully under contract, in the playoffs on a superior team & pushing for a championship.

But youre assuming that because they're on a winning team that they're in a good situation. What if Brady is tired of being in Milanovich's shadow. What if Condell is getting stressed out with Austin yelling at him every time something goes wrong with the offense.

What if they're not? 

But youre assuming that because they're on a winning team that they're in a good situation. What if Brady is tired of being in Milanovich's shadow. What if Condell is getting stressed out with Austin yelling at him every time something goes wrong with the offense.

What if they're not?

What if they are?

What if they're not? 

I don't know why I bother.  You completely missed the point. 

What if they're not?

What if they are?

What if they're not?

Those of you saying things have changed from 2014, what (besides what Westerman said) can you point to as the actual changes?

Yes our top 3 have 2 more years of experience, but they gained experience at losing. So I don't think 2 years of **** on the field performance accounts for a lot.

I have to discount what Westerman said somewhat as I don't know if he is being honest or just trying to talk up his team? We threw a good chunk of money at him and I'm not sure that isn't what he sees when he talks about a NFL like team. Not saying that is all it is, just that I have no way of knowing.

So what is different? What would a potential OC with experience look at and say "okay, things have changed in the management"?

We got Hall because of the timing. We couldn't get a replacement STC so MOS had to take over. We kept MB much longer than we should have.

I still see revolving doors at the coaching level. I doubt MOS will last 2016 and will be very disappointed if he is extended now based on the last 2 years.

I don't want to be down on the team. Been a bombers fan as long as I remember, which is longer than a good chunk of folks here have been alive. So explain to me how things are different.

J5V, I think people on this board would consider someone like Dave Dickenson, Tommy Condell, Marcus Brady & Jason Maas quality coaches. Some may consider Jacques Chapdelaine, George Cortez & Paul LaPolice quality coaches...

Would you agree that we are more than an OC away from having what it takes to make the playoffs or would landing a Chapdelaine be enough?

Hall had no other choices than Winnipeg if he wanted to be a CFL DC. 

We paid Westerman more than other teams offered. Turned out to be money well spent. We overpaid Picard and Moore too. Didn't turn out as well.

The blog is by the Bombers Director of Communications. It's designed to present the most positive view of the team. It's the Bomber view of how things are in Bomberland, not a non-partisan view.

I'd like to see us go outside our comfort zone and pay a good experienced OC enough to get them to come to the Peg, but I fear that ISO's right and we'll end up with a newbie OC or one who doesn't have a very good resume.

It comes down to money.  Bombers need to spend money to bring in some quality coaching.  Money trumps perceived quality or reputation of the organization.  See Hamilton hiring Austin after firing two head coaches in successive seasons in Marcel and Cortez. 

It's unfortunate that we have to place people on ignore, but some people just scream out "Add me! Add me!". Thanks for the reminder Blitzmore. I'm looking forward to a much more enjoyable experience now.

Hey if enjoying a forum is only seeing like minded opinions that's totally up to you.If we were all rah rah we could go 0-18 every year and just gather in a circle and sing praise be Blue!☺