Lawless: O'Shea & Walters to return in 2016

gbill2004

I'd like to see the bombers announce that they have fired MB this week. Nothing to gain keeping him. Just be done with it and move on. You have a bye week and last game will be meaningless. Get rid of MB now instead of waiting

Firing MB is overrated. Unless the next guy has a better OL and receivers who can consistently stretch the field, expect similar results

They announced 23,000+ today but that seems like BS from being there. You have to sell tickets and these bozos aren't going to help with that. Keep them and go down to crowds of 20,000 or less as this crap continues.

Walters and co have yet to find a CFL calibre receiver in two years. Yet to find a CFL calibre Dlineman. Yet to find a CFL quality QB. Yet to find a CFL quality Olineman. What makes people think they're going to find any of these this off-season, let alone the impact receiver, impact Dlineman, impact Olineman etc we need this off-season?

You don't consider Darvin Adams as a premier receiver? I think he has done pretty well, considering the quarterbacking we've had this year. The other lacks, I agree with.

He is not a premier receiver.

I expect consequences for this debacle of a season. If I'm Wade Miller, I fire Danny McManus and lure a top notch scout away from another team. I, aslo, hire a Tom Higgins type of guy as a director of player personnel and hold Walters feet to the flame. Put him on notice that he better do better. I don't fire Walters or O'Shea but make sure I have people at the ready to take over.

If I'm Walters, I talk to O'Shea and demand the firing of MB and let him know his replacement must come with his approval and had better be a good one. I find a blue chipper scout and either add him on or replace McManus/Goveia. I let a lot of our pending non NI FA's walk and sign Andrew Harris and OL help. I sign Bilikudi and dump Hurl. I make every effort to re-sign Matt Nichols or another experienced backup.

If I'm O'Shea, I turf the entire offensive coaching staff. They suck. I get a top notch ST coordinator as well.as a QB coach for Willy and Nichols. Nichols, seemed to have trouble getting into a groove early in ball games and I think that was mostly mental on his part. A good QB coach may have been of great assistance. I, also, walk into Walters office and demand that he sign a gamebreaker on offence. We simply have no one that the opposing defence needs to fear. We need that type of player that changes how opposing defences would like to play against you, into how they have to play against you. We don't have that. We need it desperately. Andrew Harris immediately comes to mind. He keeps opposing defences on their heels.

This, of course, is just a preliminary list but it's where I'd start, I don't believe that firing Walters or O'Shea lends any credibility to our team at all and is something we should try to avoid. Not saying they don't deserve a good public rebuke or that the organization shouldn't put in a first class exit strategy in place for their future dismissal. However, I believe we should stay the course with improvements made of course. We simply cannot continue to be the organization that continues to hire and fire every second year. That could cost us far more then keeping these guys on. We must show stability for once in the past decade or we immediately revert back to being a joke again. We can avoid that. The problems of our current coaching and management are not insurmountable, they just need more of and a better supporting cast....much like the core group of players that we will keep.

So to summarize our OL can't run block or pass protect, all backup QB's shouldn't be playing football, our RB's can't run inside or outside, our receivers can't get open, our ST's are poor at best, our kickers should be kicking somewhere else, our DL has no pass rush and barely stops the run, our MLB stinks, our DB's can't cover, our coaches can't coach. How the hell did we even win 5 games.

Outstanding team chemistry.......

Gotta wonder if our reputation as an organization who fires people way to quickly is playing a role here. People talk about hiring the right coach but.... why would that guy want to come here knowing that in 2 years or even less people will be calling for his head. As for scouting... Ken moll explained it well a while back... you can put a list together but it takes sometimes 2 years for those players to finally come up here. It takes time.... something they haven't really had. 2 years... next year we should see some better recruiting hopefully. Then again maybe Walters and the scouts did bring in some good players on O but MB never really gave them a chance. Tough to say. Fire MB and let's see what happens. You fire MB and there is no more excuses cuz... I'm not sure anyone could succeed or look great playing in this O. Fire MB and see what happens. Look at replacing hall with a more aggressive minded d coach....

MOS had had 2 full seasons minus 1 game & is 12-23. Just how is that not giving MOS a chance & firing him too soon? So, how many coaches want to come here when we fire 3 coordinators (including Hall goes like you want him to) in 2 seasons? Using your argument then no coordinator who is any good will want to come here. No quality position coaches either. So I don't think what you say is correct.

If either of these clowns is back next year as anything other than stadium ushers, I will be taking the year off from following them. I went to a couple of games this year (they lost both games) and I will not stand witness to another season of debacles.

OK, but if they are back, and you don't take the year off, will you change your handle to backtracker?

I want a clean slate in the coaching dept with some of the good players that have been added and drafted kept of course. I still believe with proper coaching, this squad could be in the playoffs. I really want to see how Willy does with a new OC. I want to see how this D performs with a more aggressive coordinator etc.

That's what Chamblin wanted too.  That worked out well.

I want a clean slate in the coaching dept with some of the good players that have been added and drafted kept of course. I still believe with proper coaching, this squad could be in the playoffs. I really want to see how Willy does with a new OC. I want to see how this D performs with a more aggressive coordinator etc.

That's what Chamblin wanted too. That worked out well.

Edmonton and Hamilton and even Montreal are better examples

Gotta wonder if our reputation as an organization who fires people way to quickly is playing a role here. People talk about hiring the right coach but.... why would that guy want to come here knowing that in 2 years or even less people will be calling for his head. As for scouting... Ken moll explained it well a while back... you can put a list together but it takes sometimes 2 years for those players to finally come up here. It takes time.... something they haven't really had. 2 years... next year we should see some better recruiting hopefully. Then again maybe Walters and the scouts did bring in some good players on O but MB never really gave them a chance. Tough to say. Fire MB and let's see what happens. You fire MB and there is no more excuses cuz... I'm not sure anyone could succeed or look great playing in this O. Fire MB and see what happens. Look at replacing hall with a more aggressive minded d coach....

Why would any one want to come here after 3 years of a mess that MoS is gonna leave us when he gets canned next year? Name me one good coach in the CFl that took 3 years to field a competitive team? Only in Winnipeg could we settle for this tripe.

I fully expect they will continue with Mack Junior and Coach Hugs and Kisses. I can tell you what to expect too. The same damn thing we got this year. Why do say that? Because they suck. of course they will only make the 2016 funeral service official after they have conned 20k of us fans back to watch the worst CFL team in the league.

They announced 23,000+ today but that seems like BS from being there. You have to sell tickets and these bozos aren't going to help with that. Keep them and go down to crowds of 20,000 or less as this crap continues.

Walters and co have yet to find a CFL calibre receiver in two years. Yet to find a CFL calibre Dlineman. Yet to find a CFL quality QB. Yet to find a CFL quality Olineman. What makes people think they're going to find any of these this off-season, let alone the impact receiver, impact Dlineman, impact Olineman etc we need this off-season?

Jamal Westerman says HI, Drew Willy Says hello and Goosen and Chungh have looked promising but hey your record of 1 - 3 is worse than the bombers. I am only giving you the receiver one as still have not seen the ones we have in a real offence.

Everyone over reacting after a loss but overall this is good news. Walters, MOS and Hall back is good. Tweak from there. New OC and a few weapons and we're a different team.

I'm going to call you out and say a large Bullshit!

Then I'll offer a challenge, explain why keeping Walters and MOS is a good idea.

Here's a question, and I realize it's a hypothetical but play along if you don't mind (Others as well if you feel so inclined).

Consider the wins we have now this season, and the amount of games we've lost in the final few minutes this year. Now assume we build a solid offensive line, Drew Willy plays 15-17 games (it's rare to play all 18 after all) and we have a new OC - What do you think our record is? Just curious.

Everyone over reacting after a loss but overall this is good news. Walters, MOS and Hall back is good. Tweak from there. New OC and a few weapons and we're a different team.

Then I'll offer a challenge, explain why keeping Walters and MOS is a good idea.

Here's a question, and I realize it's a hypothetical but play along if you don't mind (Others as well if you feel so inclined).

Consider the wins we have now this season, and the amount of games we've lost in the final few minutes this year. Now assume we build a solid offensive line, Drew Willy plays 15-17 games (it's rare to play all 18 after all) and we have a new OC - What do you think our record is? Just curious.

And this is the very point.

Jamal Westerman says HI, Drew Willy Says hello and Goosen and Chungh have looked promising but hey your record of 1 - 3 is worse than the bombers. I am only giving you the receiver one as still have not seen the ones we have in a real offence.

Westerman, and Willy were both FAs, Chungh was a good signing but all the rest have been underwhelming. One regular starter in two years is ... Pathetic. Goossen is a second stringer. He likely wouldn't crack the lineup on any other team.

Do we have a running back and decent receivers who can stay healthy in this dream scenario?  Maybe 9-9.

Who the hell cares? The fact is if this was a GOOD team you wouldn't have to make excuses. Calgary, Toronto, Hamilton, Edmonton, and Ottawa have all had injuries and adversity and come out on top on a majority of their games. Winnipeg gets beat by one injury and the slightest whiff of adversity.

If Willy was healthy we win two more games, three tops. If we had a different OC? The same two games. What you are forgetting is that most of our losses were not by a point or two.

The point is moot. This isn't a good team or a close to good team playing below their abilities this is a bad team playing at the peak of their abilities.

Do we have a running back and decent receivers who can stay healthy in this dream scenario?  Maybe 9-9.

For the sake of keeping things simple lets assume the changes I mentioned are the only ones in consideration.

Personally I don't consider it a dream scenario. No way Marcel is back next year. Start Matthias Goossen at centre next year, find a left guard, and you've got the makings of maybe not an elite offensive line, but certainly a respectable one.

9-9 by the way gets us into the playoffs, just for the record.

Who the hell cares? The fact is if this was a GOOD team you wouldn't have to make excuses. Calgary, Toronto, Hamilton, Edmonton, and Ottawa have all had injuries and adversity and come out on top on a majority of their games. Winnipeg gets beat by one injury and the slightest whiff of adversity.

If Willy was healthy we win two more games, three tops. If we had a different OC? The same two games. What you are forgetting is that most of our losses were not by a point or two.

The point is moot. This isn't a good team or a close to good team playing below their abilities this is a bad team playing at the peak of their abilities.

Three of those teams have had the same QB for every game this season (Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa), and the other two have unquestionably the top two defences in the league. Sure all of them have injuries as well, but keep in mind some those teams you mentioned (home games against Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa immediately come to mind) very likely are not losses given the scenario I provided. The injuries they have (nevermind their respective offensive staffs) aren't in the realm of ours either currently.

Take away Mitchell, Harris, and Burris from their teams, do you think their records are anywhere near what they are right now? Not a chance.

I get this sucks right now. I'm not happy with it either. I'm also not saying O'Shea and Walters are without their flaws, but welcome to football. No matter who we have in those positions, there will be screw ups and weaknesses.

Three of those teams have had the same QB for every game this season (Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa), and the other two have unquestionably the top two defences in the league. Sure all of them have injuries as well, but keep in mind some those teams you mentioned (home games against Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa immediately come to mind) very likely are not losses given the scenario I provided. The injuries they have (nevermind their respective offensive staffs) aren't in the realm of ours either currently.
Edmonton Tor BC Mont all qbs issues their gonna be in, we're not. Man the excuses for this regime never ends . For Fuxk sake Popp has changed coaches fired his OC and gone through 5 qbs and is still gonna be in the playoffs over us.

Edmonton Tor BC Mont all qbs issues their gonna be in, we're not. Man the excuses for this regime never ends.

BC and Montreal are not good football teams. It's not as simple as QB issues. There are other components.

Trevor Harris has started every game, and while he has slumped the past couple of weeks, has given Toronto better than expected production out of the position. They hardly have QB issues. 

Edmonton has the best defence in the league, and are capable of running the ball. Hell, Matt Nichols won games for them, what does that say?