Glenn To Alouettes

Noeller

It was pretty obvious that Montreal had to make a move such as this, but Sask. made a huge blunder if that's all they got for a QB who is capable of starting almost right away, and giving the Alouettes a better chance to win a game or two.

They had Montreal over a barrel on this one, and ran a fade route instead.

If Cato doesn't get hurt the Riders are left holding onto Kevin Glenn for the rest of the year and get nothing for him.

A 5th rounder for three games of Kevin Glenn is more than fair.

It was pretty obvious that Montreal had to make a move such as this, but Sask. made a huge blunder if that's all they got for a QB who is capable of starting almost right away, and giving the Alouettes a better chance to win a game or two.

They had Montreal over a barrel on this one, and ran a fade route instead.

It's trade deadline day. Regina either got something for Glenn today or nothing for him.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Record: 5-10

2016 Draft Picks: 2nd, SSK 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. (Forfeited 1st pick in supplemental draft)

The Bombers are 5-10 with very thin playoff hopes. Getting in as third seed in the West earns a team the prize of going into either Calgary or Edmonton to try to win on the road against one of the CFL’s best teams. The Bombers should be sellers, with a goal of improving their Canadian talent or adding draft picks. But the franchise desperately needs to show it’s improving and getting into the postseason will help sell hope and season tickets for next year.

The Bombers seem to be a C-plus or a B around the board. They’re okay at a lot of things but not excellent at anything. They could use help everywhere.

The most obvious needs, however, are a consistent threat in the backfield and an accomplished receiver. Matt Nichols has proven capable in the absence of starting quarterback Drew Willy but the Bombers offence lacks consistency in both the run game and in the pass catching department.

http://www.tsn.ca/who-could-use-kevin-glenn-at-the-cfl-trade-deadline-1.376235

Nailed it.

I was afraid of this.  This really hurts the Bombers playoff chances.

Or increases it. The weather is starting to turn which means KG is ready to start throwing terrible picks followed by the classic KG turtle and weak ass injury excuse like he always does. KG sucks and MTL can have him.

You can spin this however you like, but the bottom line is Glenn is a better QB than anyone the Als had. 

Or increases it. The weather is starting to turn which means KG is ready to start throwing terrible picks followed by the classic KG turtle and weak ass injury excuse like he always does. KG sucks and MTL can have him.

You can spin this however you like, but the bottom line is Glenn is a better QB than anyone the Als had.
Yeah I'll give you that but doesn't change KG's history of blowing it when all is on the line & blaming everyone but himself...

I was afraid of this. This really hurts the Bombers playoff chances.

Yeah I'll give you that but doesn't change KG's history of blowing it when all is on the line & blaming everyone but himself...

Led two teams to the Grey Cup, and probably won 2007 if healthy.

With Glenn, locked up by Als thru 2016... and all teams seems set at the QB position... Walters should have no problem extending Nicholls. No #1 QB position is vacant.

EDM - Reilly

CGY - Mitchell

WPG - Willy

BC - Jennings/Lulay

SSK - Smith/Durant

HAM - Collaros/Mathews

TOR - Harris/Ray

OTT - Burris

MTL - Glenn

When did Glenn blame anyone? He has always kept his thoughts to himself. 

Good trade for both teams. The Als needed a QB to have any playoff hopes and didn't give much up. Glenn wasn't in the Riders plans for next year and didn't have a contract anyway.

Apparently he was in their plans as they had verbally agreed to an extension for next season.  He's already worked out the same deal with Montreal.

Considering the whole 1 year extension thing... the Riders didn't get very much at all for him. Nichols has just this year left and got a 7th rounder... Glenn had agreed to an extension with the riders and now agreed to it with Montreal and only got a 5th? That's not good value for the riders in my opinion. 

Considering the whole 1 year extension thing... the Riders didn't get very much at all for him. Nichols has just this year left and got a 7th rounder... Glenn had agreed to an extension with the riders and now agreed to it with Montreal and only got a 5th? That's not good value for the riders in my opinion.

The Bombers give up a 6th if he's on the roster next year.