Grey Cup Ticket Sales

blueandgoldguy

Can someone explain to me why the stage is going there? Wasn't it an excuse to cover up the poor ticket sales a couple of months ago?

Our half time is not long, so if you want people to perform in the center of the field, you really can't have much, if any stage there.  So that means that the stage has to go at one end of the stadium or the other, I'm at a loss as to where else one could put it.  Don't see too much conspiracy here.

Haven't they put the stage for the half time show for pretty much every other Grey Cup in the past two decades on the field?   I'm pretty sure other Grey Cups have even managed to have the stage in the middle of the field.

Suddenly now, in 2015 the half time is not long enough to do it?

Yes, time moves faster now, or hadn't you noticed?  If you hadn't, you will... trust me!

I could very well be mistaken.  I don't pay attention to the half time show in general, but from my recollection, if they were on the field, I really didn't notice a stage, as such.  It would seem to me that having a fixed and ready stage at one end would allow for more elaborate planning of the act (pyrotechnics, lights and other "eye candy") than might otherwise be practical.

This was 2013 in Saskatchewan:

maxresdefault.jpg

Can someone explain to me why the stage is going there? Wasn't it an excuse to cover up the poor ticket sales a couple of months ago?

Our half time is not long, so if you want people to perform in the center of the field, you really can't have much, if any stage there.  So that means that the stage has to go at one end of the stadium or the other, I'm at a loss as to where else one could put it.  Don't see too much conspiracy here.

Haven't they put the stage for the half time show for pretty much every other Grey Cup in the past two decades on the field?   I'm pretty sure other Grey Cups have even managed to have the stage in the middle of the field.

You really can't compare every other stadium to IGF in this regard.  As pretty much already stated, there isn't a lot of space around the sidelines, and in the loading dock area to construct anything that wouldn't be in too many pieces and that could easily be put together in the middle of the field at the half within a matter of minutes.  

It's a stadium flaw, but an inevitable one considering the footprint the stadium was built on. 

The option to put the stage in the north end above the Rum Hut was heavily debated and deemed the most appropriate so that everyone had a view of the show.  

The setup in Regina as seen above gives poor views to some of the fans on the other side, which we really wanted to avoid, so this was the decision that was made to hopefully appease most fans.

Yes, time moves faster now, or hadn't you noticed?  If you hadn't, you will... trust me!

I could very well be mistaken.  I don't pay attention to the half time show in general, but from my recollection, if they were on the field, I really didn't notice a stage, as such.  It would seem to me that having a fixed and ready stage at one end would allow for more elaborate planning of the act (pyrotechnics, lights and other "eye candy") than might otherwise be practical.

"Time is like a roll of toilet paper- the nearer you get to the end, the faster it goes."

This was 2013 in Saskatchewan:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah!  That explains it.  I stopped watching that game before the half was over.  Couldn't bear to watch.

Peeps want Canadian or other for halftime show?

Id prefer a Canadian high profile act vs an American one of equal caliber

But I don't want to see somone like kd lang or harlequin or helix just cause they are Canadian

If the halftime show is KD Lang, Wade Miller and the CFL commish should both be fired immediately.