Mr Walters: What has Ottawa done that you have not?

BigBlue

Can we start with: do  they have the courage of their convictions and judgment to go with it?

How about they wanted to be a contender this year, to win now, not slightly thinking it was a (re)building year?

And I am just curious, who has more proven veteran CFL stars on their roster?

the redblacks have a starting qb that doesn't get injured  every few games. 

They also have an OC who understands how to beat a blitz and that protecting said QB is the #1 importance. How many qb's have been hurt in MB system while he's been with the bombers? What about his entire career?

Not saying it's all on him either. But it's just interesting to think about.

Stayed healthy and employed a competent offensive coordinator.

Seriously. Ottawa has stayed healthier than probably every team in the league this year. They wouldn't be as good as they are if Toronto, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, BC, Montreal and Edmonton didn't have to contend with a ridiculous amount of injuries.

They also have an OC who understands how to beat a blitz and that protecting said QB is the #1 importance. How many qb's have been hurt in MB system while he's been with the bombers? What about his entire career?

But they have a rookie OC and we have one with 10+ years of CFL experience... surely our OC must also understand these concepts?  :rolleyes:

They turned over a lot of bodies this year, especially on offense and it's paying off, it pains me to say but Desjardins has done a really good job with that team, very talented bunch.

Desjardins may be turning into a good example of fail first attempt and successful second attempt... however, I'll need to see a few years of sustained winning before calling this Ottawa regime a success...

But they have a rookie OC and we have one with 10+ years of CFL experience... surely our OC must also understand these concepts?  :rolleyes:

Should have said "they have a competent OC and we have one that's never proven that he's worth anything."

I'm still not a big believer in Ottawa. The process of signing expensive star players every year can't be sustained.

They started from zero & could direct the money any position they wanted which other teams couldn't. That luxury is probably is becoming harder to do.

I don't buy that. You can literally cut your entire team in the offseason and start over if you want.

Maybe we should?

I'm still not a big believer in Ottawa. The process of signing expensive star players every year can't be sustained.

They started from zero & could direct the money any position they wanted which other teams couldn't. That luxury is probably is becoming harder to do.

I don't buy that. You can literally cut your entire team in the offseason and start over if you want.

Maybe we should?

Except that they got to build their core with some talent from the expansion draft. If they just hacksawed their roster again (say if they were in our boat) then the outcome would be nowhere near as good.

So with Collaros out for the year does that leave just Ottawa and Calgary as not having a significant qb injury on the year? Add to the fact that they've also stayed healthy on the OL it's no wonder they're having success. Can you imagine if the Bombers had stayed healthy on the OL and QB? How different might things look for us? 

So with Collaros out for the year does that leave just Ottawa and Calgary as not having a significant qb injury on the year? Add to the fact that they've also stayed healthy on the OL it's no wonder they're having success. Can you imagine if the Bombers had stayed healthy on the OL and QB? How different might things look for us? 

I don't think Calgary were always healthy on the OL. When we played them they were using a DL  on the line because they had run out of healthy guys.

I don't think Calgary were always healthy on the OL. When we played them they were using a DL  on the line because they had run out of healthy guys.

Pretty sure he meant Ottawa's Oline has been healthy... Calgary and Ottawa have had healthy QB's all season.

Pretty sure he meant Ottawa's Oline has been healthy... Calgary and Ottawa have had healthy QB's all season.

:)

Glenn is worth way more than Nichols for the rest of the year. BC or Hamilton could both be kicking the tires on a trade for him. Also, Sask isn't in a situation where their hand is forced to trade him, it's a sellers market and they should get as much for him as they can. Maybe not a 1st rounder, but 3rd with conditions that could take it to second or first round based on starts or wins in post season?

It shouldn't be hard to follow, it's a thread about Ottawa, just added in the Calgary bit about qbs and resumed talking about Ottawa.