Odds and Sods - Game 11 Banjo Bowl - Riders at Bombers...

do or die

Beautiful Retro Blues, puts the class back into "retro".....

Riders shank punt....Bombers take over deep...

But Chick waltzes right in between C and OG...

...blindsiding Nichols and forcing fumble.....

Bombers take 2 penalties on ensuing punt return

...then L.H. can't handle snap on punt - turnover

...setting up Riders only TD of the game...

D. Adams takes a pass right off his chest like a juggler...

..resulting in an Rider INT...

Nichols looses another fumble deep in Rider territory..

2nd quarter became penalty fest..for both sides....

Bomber D overcame 5 turnovers in total for that half..

Riders really did nothing in that half....

..but the Bombers did less than nothing...

O had 4 turnovers, 4 sacks and 3 points, in opening half...

...but for all of that....Riders only up 7-3...

Seemed like neither of these teams could beat....a bowl of eggs..

Nichols used poise (and experience) to shake off his 3 turnovers...

...to spread the ball around and also get it down the field...

Moore broke the 100 yd mark...but then went down with a bad leg..

Short 2nd down play calls and execution...still major problem

...also failing to convert two 3rd and shorts.....

...with the slow tempo..clumsy looking run plays..

Running up the gut is not a C. Walker specialty...

Blue D took over in 2nd half....with big pass rush...

Westerman is the best DE in league, right now......

Hurl had his strongest game, yet

Huge debut game at LB from Moe Leggett...

Bombers 6 man DL rotation, simply tired out the Riders.OL..

...as Best and Labette...got roughed up pretty good

...while Smith spent most of 2nd half.... running for his life

...as the Bombers sacked him 5 times...

Rider blow a zone coverage....Nichols hits JFG....

...wide open 35 yd pass and run TD...

Defense continues to hold the fort...until..

..Westerman hits Smith from behind...ball goes....

..right into the hands of K. Bass....

...who rumbles 60 yds for the killer TD - 21-7

Crowd noise caused a couple of rider penalties....

Embarrassing showing from the officiating team....

..who looked like Winkin, Blinkin and Nod....

..while trying to figure out penalties and yds....

..double clutching the 1st down chains on a key gamble

Bomber O was better in 2nd half....but the D won this game - period..

Had to have this game....and got it...

Had to have this gin...and still getting it....

The reffing?

How about the video reviews?

Clearly, Denmark' s foot was shown to be an inch inside the sidelines. And Bucknor's alert play to recover Smith's handover...when he wasn't touched down? There was at least one more, but my memory...has to be reviewed.

plus denmark was pushed out.. smiths nonfumble (twice considering the quick whistle in 4th) and the missed headshot by chick on nichols in second...

it was embarrassing to watch the refs on field and at command centre botch so many calls..

The fumble by the Riders that was ruled no catch in the first half. At the game and the Jumbotron replays, he catches it with his back turned, turns around and it comes out.

I agree, that call was questionable as was the Smith being tagged by a leg when Bucknor recovered.  I wish they would just simplify the rule so that if a knee, elbow or ass is in contact with the ground than the play is dead.  Disallow this getting back up and running nonsense.

I only watched the first quarter so I have to watch the rest of the game. Like the score and happy Nichols got us a win but then again these are (still) the worst two teams the CFL and from DoD's description it's pretty obvious why (with five TO's in the first half the bombers should have been out of it and would have been if it were any other team than SK).

All I know is....

8 to 2 with McDavid only getting two points over the Canucks

6 to 3 with McDavid not playing against the Flames (who beat the Jets on Friday)

Would be nice to see an Oiler rookie sweep by hammering the Jets on Monday with McDavid having a 6 point game. Oh wait, this if football..... meh just can't get into it. Maybe if the Bombers can win another two in a row, I'll start paying more attention again 

I only watched the first quarter so I have to watch the rest of the game. Like the score and happy Nichols got us a win but then again these are (still) the worst two teams the CFL and from DoD's description it's pretty obvious why (with five TO's in the first half the bombers should have been out of it and would have been if it were any other team than SK).

All I know is....

6 to 3 with McDavid not playing against the Flames (who beat the Jets on Friday)

Would be nice to see an Oiler rookie sweep by hammering the Jets on Monday with McDavid having a 6 point game. Oh wait, this if football..... meh just can't get into it. Maybe if the Bombers can win another two in a row, I'll start paying more attention again 

Stay in Edmonton with your boy, McDavid.

All I know is....

klown :)

All I know is....

Wait, what?.. so you live in Edmonton and are a Bomber fan that wants the oilers to beat the jets?? Why would you even bother making a post like this on a Winnipeg site then? I'm confused.

All I know is....

Or is he McDavids boy?

All I know is....

Stay in Calgary with your Hamilton boy - dressing room issues I hear - can't you take a joke - sheesh. You know, with bomber fans like you in Calgary this makes me soooooooooooooo happy

http://gfycat.com/TalkativeJaggedAiredaleterrier

All I know is....

.......Then why are you still here and posting if its so meh to you?!? Djfjfjrjeirurrhfhdjskaosodjfjfjriek!!!

(I had a minor anyeursm there i think..)

Also.. JETS WIN!!! JETS WIN!!!!!!