3-4

Floyd

IMO, the D hasn't been the problem recently, the O has been, seriously... It's funny to me how people ignore our complete incompetence on O, well it's not being ignored but... at the same time, It's kind of being glossed over, people actually defending Marve and the bunch there, 135 yards of total O last game, 

Honestly, that game vs Toronto was lost on Special teams and a fumble by Kohlert... the D played well enough to win, held harris to under 170 yards passing really, Don't think the argos had 300 total yards of O, if our O actually did anything, i mean really, just anything, we win that game for sure. Last game, we had chances, Bucknor interception, couple plays later, Marve throws an INT and Calgary scores a TD.

The D isn't the problem, 3 4 sounds good to me tho but the D isn't the issue right now. The O is.  They can't do anything really. 

IMO, the D hasn't been the problem recently, the O has been, seriously... It's funny to me how people ignore our complete incompetence on O, well it's not being ignored but... at the same time, It's kind of being glossed over, people actually defending Marve and the bunch there, 135 yards of total O last game, 

Honestly, that game vs Toronto was lost on Special teams and a fumble by Kohlert... the D played well enough to win, held harris to under 170 yards passing really, Don't think the argos had 300 total yards of O, if our O actually did anything, i mean really, just anything, we win that game for sure. Last game, we had chances, Bucknor interception, couple plays later, Marve throws an INT and Calgary scores a TD.

The D isn't the problem, 3 4 sounds good to me tho but the D isn't the issue right now. The O is.  They can't do anything really. 

I think some of us are saying there's always room for improvement controlling for the offense's inadequacies. 

I am not the only one here that thought the defense was showing improvement. Offensive and special teams turnovers have been the biggest killers not the defense as has been in the past. I will say that the defense has sagged a bit after turnovers but the ability to push through that kind of adversity should come as the defense matures. If bombers can evolve into the killer defense they had in the past I would be happy even with a mediocre offense. Teams can still win like that.

Agree. Eventually, our D will get tired if our O cant stay on the field. And if our O gave up turnove TDs, the pressure goes back to the D and ST to produce.

I think some of us are saying there's always room for improvement controlling for the offense's inadequacies. 

Absolutely. I really liked the Richie Hall signing and, even though we got off to a slow start and have been handicapped by our offence, I trust what he's doing to keep us ahead of the game. With Turner coming out, Collins might make a decent nose tackle.

I do agree tho that you should always look to improve the talent on the team and it's nice that they are doing that for sure...

Would be nice if Lemon signed with US... Lemon on one side, Westerman on the other... Collins or Anderson as the Nose Tackle..

Playing a 3 4 vs SASK, and i doubt they play it all the time butt.... might not be a bad idea to limit their run game that way. 

Our D's better than our O or special teams, but that's not the same as saying their good.

I can't ignore that they allowed 20 second half points last game after the pick 6. I can't ignore that they are 7th in total defence, 5th in passing yards allowed, 8th in rushing yards allowed and 8th in points against. I can't ignore that they fold after adversity or that they allow long drives (Hint: You can't get off of the field if you don't stop the other team from getting 1st downs) I can't ignore that they force Hurl into the MLB spot even though we don't need to start 8 NI's or that I have to watch Bucknor chasing receivers into the endzone all the time.

Our defence is below average in most stats and average in a few stats. The aren't going to win games for us, but they aren't the biggest reason we're losing so often.

Doesn't running a 3-4 leave you vulnerable to the run game? You're gonna have more OLs getting to linebackers.

We ran 3-4 during the glory days in the 80s, but Ty Jones was mainly a pass rush guy instead of a linebacker.

True enough but i'm thinking they will always be sending one of those guys on a blitz of some kind... Like Hurl for example. 

We don't have the Beef on DL to run a 3-4.

Who's gonna play nose tackle?

It depends what kind of 3-4 they intend to run. A lot of teams with the big, typical nose tackles make that guy 2-gap a lot, so bigger is better. I think Hall is smart enough to avoid that idea here, because I don't see a guy like that on the roster.

As an overall point and not to your post, I think we can all get too caught up in what is a stereotypical role. Like how some will blame Hurl for not playing like previous MLBs did.

We don't have the Beef on DL to run a 3-4.

Who's gonna play nose tackle?

We currently have two of the biggest DTs in the league in Anderson and Collins. Both tip the scales at a hair under 300 lbs. The fact we have this beef is why we are toying with the 3-4. Not sure why there is a misconception that we don't have beef on our DL. Probably because Turner is a little undersized as a DT. Collins and Anderson are as big as they come though.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

#Bombers defence working in a 3-4 set with Jasper Simmons and Sam Hurl at inside linebacker. Bass and Randle outside.

I like this - now we just need to substitute Wild for Hurl.

Sask will throw Messam at us as much as they can, we need to stop it early and hard.

Messam is averaging less than 8 carries per game.

#Bombers defence working in a 3-4 set with Jasper Simmons and Sam Hurl at inside linebacker. Bass and Randle outside.

Sask will throw Messam at us as much as they can, we need to stop it early and hard.

My guess is because of his conditioning, that's why I said as much as they can. My other guess is that number goes up if they show any success with Messam this weekend. 

My guess is because of his conditioning, that's why I said as much as they can. My other guess is that number goes up if they show any success with Messam this weekend. 

He's only hit 10 carries in 4 games since he joined the Riders, one was the first game in Winnipeg last season.  

I think the Bombers will be fine against the run.  The Riders OL is really banged up too.