Taman and Chamblin Fired

Rich

Murphy was here with Mike Kelly... I have a feeling if his last name wasn't Murphy that people wouldn't be so high on him. I dunno man, when he was here lots of pretty ridiculous things happened thanks to him, the whole pacman jones fiasco could be put on him, he didn't really find that much talent for us either.. I'm not sure about John Murphy to be honest, He's a good scout but guess what, so was Joe Mack. 

People who are wrestling  fans will get this one here and i think it's a pretty good comparison

Back in the day, lots of people were giving Vince Russo (head writer for WWE at the time) tons of credit for the success of RAW and WWE, well, Vince Russo went over to WCW  and people thought he's gonna turn it around there but what happened was he failed miserably.. Turns out he didn't have his filter, in this case it would be Vince Mcmahon, Russo didn't have McMahon in WCW and failed miserable. I have a feeling John Murphy is similar to Vince Russo, Only real difference is Vince Mcmahon in this case is John Hufnagel. 

Just say "NO" to Taman.

Nice shiny ring he has on though.

yeah there are plenty of GM's out there who have multiple shiny rings who don't totally run teams into the ground.

It's been 25 years. I don't think the vast majority care if he runs the team into the ground AFTER a Grey Cup win.

I just know that the screws are going to be tightened significantly on the folks running this organization if we don't win both games &/or play badly in Regina this weekend. Things could get real interesting in the next 2 weeks.

Its going to be a gong show if we lose both.

I'm sure Friessen has a ton of columns set to go and Lawless has some on why (Insert Name) needs to go.

I just know that the screws are going to be tightened significantly on the folks running this organization if we don't win both games &/or play badly in Regina this weekend. Things could get real interesting in the next 2 weeks.

Its going to be a gong show if we lose both.

I'm sure Friessen has a ton of columns set to go and Lawless has some on why (Insert Name) needs to go.

Man, would that be embarrassing!

I listened to the presser on 1290 at noon today and a few things stood out. The head of the board denied that Taman had ever asked to fire Chamblin before yesterday, but when Taman came forward to get permission to do so, the board decided to make it a two-for-one special. One of the big concerns of the board for some time has been Taman's financial management- particularly the salary cap management.

I listened to the presser on 1290 at noon today and a few things stood out. The head of the board denied that Taman had ever asked to fire Chamblin before yesterday, but when Taman came forward to get permission to do so, the board decided to make it a two-for-one special. One of the big concerns of the board for some time has been Taman's financial management- particularly the salary cap management.

When your salary cap management system is written on Subway napkins, you know that perhaps you should be upgrading.  To at least foolscap.

Tino Sunseri released by the Riders. The fallout continues in Regina. Where's Migs, he kept saying the guy was better than Willy? probably curled up in the fetal position under some rock in denial.

Why release Tino now?  Is Glenn coming back?

They may be making a point- that incompetence will not be tolerated indefinitely. A message for the Bombers here?

They didn't seem to worried when they wanted to win the cup about it. Can't blame all that on BT......going to pull a Harper and say they didn't know?

I'm not sure that excuses how poorly Taman has managed that team, particularly the non-import side of things.  They were bad even when they were healthy, and basically all their key NI's are over 30.  Probably the worst move was handing Ottawa two very good interior NI DL in the Expansion Draft because they were no longer going to use NI's at that spot in Regina.  Well it's the season after and they've been using two very low 2015 draft picks in a platoon in that spot, and for the most part those players are getting their asses kicked.  It's a tough spot for whoever takes over, because the cupboard is truly bare.

It's a tough spot for whoever takes over, because the cupboard is truly bare.

Hmmm....where have I seen this movie before?  I think it was 2008.  So if the Riders want to continue on following Winnipeg into 2009...then I've got the perfect candidate for them to replace Chamblin and Taman with, and he's tanned, rested and ready...

mike_kelly3.jpg

So when do we announce the signing of Tino?

Probably after we lose the LDC.
Well, there is the old theory that bringing in a former member of the team you're about to be playing is a good idea...to gain inside knowledge.

Sunseri would have good knowledge of who to throw to on the Bomber team. At least, that's the impression I get...he always seems to be throwing to the other team.

So when do we announce the signing of Tino?

Probably after we lose the LDC.
Well, there is the old theory that bringing in a former member of the team you're about to be playing is a good idea...to gain inside knowledge.

Sunseri would have good knowledge of who to throw to on the Bomber team. At least, that's the impression I get...he always seems to be throwing to the other team.

Maybe it would be good to sign and start Sunseri. He might start throwing strikes to Bombers thinking they are the other team.