Taman and Chamblin Fired

Rich

I gotta say, I really hate this news... I wish they had let them "try to get it right".... I fully expect a thrashing this weekend.... and the long term news makes me nervous too... I feel like they're gonna get a guy like John Murphy as GM and rebuild faster than the Bombers... I keep think/hoping/wishing it's gonna get better in Bomberland soon... it has to eventually, right!?! why must we suffer through such misery!!!

I the worst part is... like many Bomber fans and proud Winnipeggers... I would love to see Bobby Dyce be successful...

Riders made the right move.   The coach was punching his own ticket, and they get rid of Taman, before the rot sets in.  

Distressing how little confidence some of us have in this series against a 0-9 team.  Bombers need to grow a pair and just sweep these guys.   But not convinced this team has the makeup, or for that matter the coaching to do it.

Bombers will win still cuz really the riders D is awful and that can't be fixed in a week. Sask sucks. You will find out this week it's tge lack of talent that makes sask suck. Chamblin will be vindicated. Bombers in a blow out.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 78 Saskatchewan Roughriders 5.

What?  Are we all of a sudden going to start running the football or something?  Cause the air attack sure isn't going to give us 78 points.

I gave us zero chance to win this game (LDC) and now with the coaching change the odds are even worse. After the Sk sweep season will be done but as I've said the Jets training camp will be opening starting with the rookie tournament in B.C. (Penticton) plus the NFL will now be on. Bombers will be an afterthought and the walk up ticket gate should only be fans of the opposition buying them. They gotta change their name to the 'bumblers' don't ya think... after the next two games. 

I had a nasty feeling that the riders would wait until they had to play us to make the change...They pulled that crap on us before, putting in old man Miller when they fired their last coach...won both the banjo and labour day tilts...History repeating itself???If we can't sweep that bad team there will be a firing here, I would think, but by then the horse would have left the barn...Season ender for us...On the other hand there's a glimmer of hope...Riders are a very bad team....offensively and defensively...I guess we'll find out who is worse after these 2 games...If I was Mike O I'd be a tad worried...........Note to O'Shea....fire Bellefool NOW and promote Howell so we can go in there with a new coach (sorta) of our own..

Sask and Wpg are the same now. No experience at CEO, GM and HC......perfect matchup now

Sask has the edge at QB tho, in my opinion, and that will be the difference.

Yes, that's what I thought when Chamblin was fired. Now, the chance of pulling Smith unnecessarily, and sticking in Sunseri (the sack-attractor) to our benefit, is zero.

I gotta say, I really hate this news... I wish they had let them "try to get it right".... I fully expect a thrashing this weekend.... and the long term news makes me nervous too... I feel like they're gonna get a guy like John Murphy as GM and rebuild faster than the Bombers... I keep think/hoping/wishing it's gonna get better in Bomberland soon... it has to eventually, right!?! why must we suffer through such misery!!!

@garylawless - "#1 candidate w/ that board is Eric Tillman. They're going to try & get him back in Saskatchewan" #CFL #Riders via @CFLonTSN

@garylawless - "I think he's (Eric Tillman) probably the next GM of the Saskatchewan Roughriders." #CFL #Riders via @CFLonTSN

Tillman will definitely be talked to by #Riders. No doubt in my mind... but I still think best odds are on O'Day as full-time guy

@garylawless - "#1 candidate w/ that board is Eric Tillman. They're going to try & get him back in Saskatchewan" #CFL #Riders via @CFLonTSN

@garylawless - "I think he's (Eric Tillman) probably the next GM of the Saskatchewan Roughriders." #CFL #Riders via @CFLonTSN

Tillman will definitely be talked to by #Riders. No doubt in my mind... but I still think best odds are on O'Day as full-time guy

So you're saying Murphy will be available  ;)

The strange thing is that apparently Taman went to the board to get permission to can Chamblin and was denied and now both are out the door. Very strange. It is a legitimate rap on Taman about the lack of new talent, but he did have the foresight to sign Kevin Glenn and there were a few good players popping up in Regina, like Swain.

Even with Smith at the helm, the Riders were still putting up good numbers offensively. The defence has massive leaks but the Riders were still in almost all the games they have lost this season. But the precendent has been set and the collars in the Bomber coaching ranks have gotten tighter.

Just wondering: Will Taman become next #bombers GM.

I don't know if he's serious .. or trolling per usual (I generally find Bender to be one of the most uninformed twits on twitter) .. but please for the love of all that's holy .. just say no to Taman back in Winnipeg .. let's just remove that possibility from our minds ..