Bombers Practice -- Injury Updates

Noeller

...First off, thought it a bit odd  that they came home for the week, rather than staying in AB, but I suppose flying was cheaper than hotels etc for the week and practicing at home rather than at McMahon and Commonwealth during the week might be tougher.

At any rate.......some news here that'll make the Peach haters happy.....

OShea says Picard was sick today and Daniels is day to day with a lower body injury; Peach is out this week and Turner will be out again #bn

...First off, thought it a bit odd  that they came home for the week, rather than staying in AB, but I suppose flying was cheaper than hotels etc for the week and practicing at home rather than at McMahon and Commonwealth during the week might be tougher.

At any rate.......some news here that'll make the Peach haters happy.....

OShea says Picard was sick today and Daniels is day to day with a lower body injury; Peach is out this week and Turner will be out again #bn

Not even at IGF, they are back to the soccer field this week.  Stadium is in mid-setup for the concert Friday. 

Neufeld was taking reps at centre today.

In the OP it said Picard was sick today.
Yes I know. Your point?

It's not surprising that with Picard sick they would need another guy snapping the ball and that Neufeld would be that guy.

Yes I know. Your point?

It's not surprising that with Picard sick they would need another guy snapping the ball and that Neufeld would be that guy.

What's with your snarky comments lately Jacquie? I was just stating a fact, that Neufeld was playing centre in practice. It's a notable development, even if Picard was sick.

Yes I know. Your point?

What's with your snarky comments lately Jacquie? I was just stating a fact, that Neufeld was playing centre in practice. It's a notable development, even if Picard was sick.

:lol:  yep, Jacquie is the one being "snarky" :lol:  

Yes I know. Your point?

I, for one, think it's notable considering how Goosen is waiting in the wings .. 

Yes I know. Your point?

I, for one, think it's notable considering how Goosen is waiting in the wings ..

The clock is ticking for Goossen. He appears to be bypassed for a starting role, and I am beginning to wonder what is missing from his game.

Yes I know. Your point?

The clock is ticking for Goossen. He appears to be bypassed for a starting role, and I am beginning to wonder what is missing from his game.

I don't know...he's still young, and this week we are going up against a very good Defence. Might just be an experience thing. I know...you can't get experience unless you get experience....but this might not be the dline to do it against.

Yes I know. Your point?

I know you're boycotting me, but I'm still allowed to comment as someone who has to make an effort to keep the peace around here so whether you like it or not, I'm just going to mention that I don't think Jacquie was being snarky at all and I find it very interesting that you'd take offense to her blunt, straightforward response to you seen as how the majority of your posts are crafted the same way.

Being that the center acts as the "qb" for the O line, I'm not real surprised that they would go with a veteran over a guy that has almost 0 playing time.  Goossen might get reps at guard at this stage, but not likely at center.  Now, on the second or third play of the game when Neufeld goes down, then maybe he gets his big chance.

Yes I know. Your point?

I don't know...he's still young, and this week we are going up against a very good Defence. Might just be an experience thing. I know...you can't get experience unless you get experience....but this might not be the dline to do it against.

Can't help but wonder if it had been Joe Mack that drafted Goosen if people would be so forgiving of his utter lack of progress. 

Holy over-reaction, Batman. What does Neufeld taking reps at centre have to do with Goossen's progress. Picard was sick. They aren't going to have just one player taking reps at centre during a practice. Now if Picard were back and Neufeld was taking reps at centre instead of Goossen then that would be a story. 

Yes I know. Your point?

I know you're boycotting me, but I'm still allowed to comment as someone who has to make an effort to keep the peace around here so whether you like it or not, I'm just going to mention that I don't think Jacquie was being snarky at all and I find it very interesting that you'd take offense to her blunt, straightforward response to you seen as how the majority of your posts are crafted the same way.

Funny thing is that was my edited post. My original post was snarky. The edited version was the nice one.  ;)

Holy over-reaction, Batman. What does Neufeld taking reps at centre have to do with Goossen's progress. Picard was sick. They aren't going to have just one player taking reps at centre during a practice. Now if Picard were back and Neufeld was taking reps at centre instead of Goossen then that would be a story. 

Yes I know. Your point?

Funny thing is that was my edited post. My original post was snarky. The edited version was the nice one.  ;)

Yes I know. Your point?

Can't help but wonder if it had been Joe Mack that drafted Goosen if people would be so forgiving of his utter lack of progress.

Impossible hypothetical to ponder. Mack would never have drafted an o-lineman in a spot where we need to draft an o-linemen. Mack would have drafted a 5'9", 170 lb. DB ranked #23 in the #3 spot and then stated "We're going to convert him to slotback, because he's an athlete, and you can never have too much athleticism on your team. We are confident we can teach him to be the extra blocker in the heavy package, and fight the traffic and make those possession catches over the middle, so no, we don't worry about playing him in a position he's never played before, because he's an athlete."