The Daily Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ CAL

After watching Messam last night, I am still wondering why Walters did not grab him when Messam became available. He would have been a helluva complement to Cotton, and with the right passport,too.

Well yah, but you must know established Canadian RB's are a dime a dozen. I believe the ludicrous justification around here was that Messam didn't play S.T. and at the time the Bombers were being well served by Carl Volny.

I don't believe Messam has the character that O'Shea requires or the budget that Walters requires. He seems to be all about Jerome (stats, money, playing time). Plus. he's not an every down back.

Seems like he has had a pretty good attitude so far sharing the field with Allan.

After watching Messam last night, I am still wondering why Walters did not grab him when Messam became available. He would have been a helluva complement to Cotton, and with the right passport,too.

Well yah, but you must know established Canadian RB's are a dime a dozen.  I believe the ludicrous justification around here was that Messam didn't play S.T. and at the time the Bombers were being well served by Carl Volny.

I don't believe Messam has the character that O'Shea requires or the budget that Walters requires.  He seems to be all about Jerome (stats, money, playing time).  Plus. he's not an every down back.

Well yah, but you must know established Canadian RB's are a dime a dozen.  I believe the ludicrous justification around here was that Messam didn't play S.T. and at the time the Bombers were being well served by Carl Volny.

I don't believe Messam has the character that O'Shea requires or the budget that Walters requires.  He seems to be all about Jerome (stats, money, playing time).  Plus. he's not an every down back.

Some people lack foresight and some hindsight but it's a rare to find someone who lacks both.

Because when he was let go he wasn't very good. He's put in the work for sure but last year he only had a few big games and they were all against us. Cotton also wasn't the starting rb at the time. Props to messam for putting in the work but the guy this season is not the same one who was available

If the Bombers want this game every man jack will have to play at his best, and Collins will have to shine. No way are the Stamps going to be out-coached or out-talented, so the only alternative is to out-work them. And NO bonehead mistakes such as dumb penalties. BLM looks to be a notch off his last-year form so Willy ought to be at least as good. With our questionable linebacking, the D-line has to keep lane discipline.

I don't have knee jerk reactions to games, so it's nice to get some closure. I don't care what the circumstances are, to not take advantage of Calgary's o-line situation is unacceptable. The front 7 has been under scrutiny from the start, but this tears it.

The thing is, changes clearly need to happen on the defensive front, but what exactly can you do before NFL cuts?

The guys we have now are going to have a chance to prove themselves before the axe comes down, so all we can do is hope.

Got to single him out, Hurl has the right passport but that's it. When you're the MLB you have to be involved in the game. A month into the season and can you name a single play he has made? The only time I notice him is when I see a replay and he's negated by the offense with ease.

As I say, he's got every opportunity to redeem himself. And of course it's hardly all on him. Zero pressure on a line patched together with chewing gum is a far bigger problem than one guy.

I don't have knee jerk reactions to games, so it's nice to get some closure. I don't care what the circumstances are, to not take advantage of Calgary's o-line situation is unacceptable. The front 7 has been under scrutiny from the start, but this tears it.

The thing is, changes clearly need to happen on the defensive front, but what exactly can you do before NFL cuts?

The guys we have now are going to have a chance to prove them selves before the axe comes down, so all we can do is hope.

Got to single him out, Hurl has the right passport but that's it. When you're the MLB you have to be involved in the game. A month into the season and can you name a single thing play he has made? The only time I notice him is when I see a replay and he's negated by the offense with ease.

As I say, he's got every opportunity to redeem himself. And of course it's hardly all on him. Zero pressure on a line patched together with chewing gum is a far bigger problem than one guy.

The Stamps actually pressured Willy more than we could get on Mitchell. Harlan was taking the double team all day....the other three guys just aren't good enough, Hurl does need to go too.

O'shea reminding me of Lapolice more everyday.  The time count violation and then a ridiculous decision to go for a 58 yard field goal instead of gambling on third down which stands has greater chance of success.

Wasn't it a 52 and didn't he miss it just wide with plenty of distance? His long range is money normally.. His mid game tho, wowzers.

O'shea reminding me of Lapolice more everyday. The time count violation and then a ridiculous decision to go for a 58 yard field goal instead of gambling on third down which stands has greater chance of success.

Wasn't it a 52 and didn't he miss it just wide with plenty of distance? His long range is money normally.. His mid game tho, wowzers.

Yeah I believe it was 52 and he probably could have made 58. Wide left