The Daily Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ CAL

When Lavertu is your most experienced guy on the line.....man. If I had any kinda faith in the push of our Front 7, I'd be excited about that prospect. Still, it's BLM and a lot of offensive weapons. Give him time to work, and they'll kill you. 

Bo Levi looked a lot better in the Toronto game, after crapping the bed against Montreal. So we'll have to see which BLM shows up this game. It's a short week, new O-line...coming off a big win...but then I remember, this is Calgary, aka Death Valley...

I sat through that snow-mageddon last November 1..........after that game......I believe anything is possible.

I sat through that snow-mageddon last November 1..........after that game......I believe anything is possible.

We had a few things going for us in that game - Cornish got hurt and left the game early. Marve also came in for Willy and started moving the ball where Willy was doing nothing, and limited turnovers to zero, while Calgary was fumbling all over the field. I don't think we can count on Cornish getting injured again, or the Stamps fumbling the game away.

But yes, anything is possible. The last game I was at in Calgary where the Bombers won was 2001, and Khari and the boys kicked some major butt. What a fun team that was to watch.

I'm thinking of driving down to Calgary tomorrow to watch this game, just trying to find someone I can convince on short notice to go for a road trip. I'm already planning on Bomber games in Edmonton/Vancouver/Ottawa this year and a stamps game in Toronto the day after the ottawa game ($40 train ride ottawa to toronto). So thinking why not add Calgary to the mix as well.

Last time I went to a bomber game in Calgary it was a 38-11 loss, so hopefully this will be better than that was.

A new Canadian RT? Never heard of him, is he supposed to be any good?

He's been starting at guard for the Stamps for awhile. They have been bringing him along slowly, he came straight out of junior. He competed for the vacant LT spot after Bryant left but I think this will be his first start at tackle.

Wonder if Bastien will take over Feoli-Gudino's role since he hasn't been great so far this season

Bastien has been just as bad if not worse. So I doubt it. And to be fair, JFG only really struggled in the Hamilton game.

Just hope one of those 2 guys steps up soon.