CFL Week 3 Games - Ott @ Edm / SK @ BC / Tor @ Cgy

Rich

bombers should beat eskimos without reilly?

nichols played very well didn't he? the int to the lineman, someone said was partly a missed block. I thought their offence looked better with Nichols. He makes quicker decisions, thus doesn't get hammered like reilly. same o line, less pressure. 

edmonton thrashed the bombers last season. they don't miss their starting running back. their backup quarterback is very good. their defence is

very good.

bombers should beat eskimos without reilly?

nichols played very well didn't he? the int to the lineman, someone said was partly a missed block. I thought their offence looked better with Nichols. He makes quicker decisions, thus doesn't get hammered like reilly. same o line, less pressure. 

edmonton thrashed the bombers last season. they don't miss their starting running back. their backup quarterback is very good. their defence is

very good.

I wouldn't say Nichols is very good. He's productive, but he's also prone to a ton of mistakes. Very clumsy with the football. Look at the pick 6, look at the fumble where he basically Jameis Winston'd the ball to the defender.

Nichols puts up good numbers, but there's a reason that is his first ever CFL win.

Eskimo d-line looks like it might be the best in the league this year and they will get far on that alone.  Nichols will probably lose some games for them... but they can win with him if the rest of the team plays well.  Their o-line is seriously questionable right now too.

I won't get excited one way or the other at the score of the Edmonton game. When one team, (Burris) plays as poorly as they did on Thurs., you cannot get a good read on either team. Kind of like the Bomber performance last Thursday.

Eskimo d-line looks like it might be the best in the league this year and they will get far on that alone.  Nichols will probably lose some games for them... but they can win with him if the rest of the team plays well.  Their o-line is seriously questionable right now too.

Eskimos have an unbelievable defensive line. You're bang on.

Esks look to be back in business. I can see them going far this season.

I had them as my pre-season pick to win the West this year - someone had to not pick the Stamps.  Doubt they can do that without Reilly, but their defence is probably good enough to keep them in playoff contention.  If Nichols can minimize his mistakes and be a game manager QB, they might still get a sniff at a home playoff game.

The Eskimo defence looked very, very good last night but Burris looked like he was way past his "best before" date. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench to start the next game. However, his receivers sure as spit didn't help him out much- several dropped balls which could have changed the game around.

What a yawner.  Ottawa came out, moved the ball crisply, hit the upright on the FG try.  Got the ball back and Hank threw a stupid ball while going down for a pick 6 and the game was essentially all Edmonton after that.  It sure looks like pressure on the QB is the way to win under the new rules.  I'm not going to pick Ottawa to win next week.

Al Bradbury makes me sick. Amazing what his crew looks for as far as OC calls go, but they can't call a head shot on a QB?

You do know that they don't have crews any more? Different group calling this game than the Bomber game.

Not disagreeing that he missed the head shot, the league has admitted as much, but can't blame it on the "crew" as they change each game.

I watched the game and saw Burris and his receivers both look horrendous.

Ottawa looked completely undisciplined with dumb ill timed penalties.

Nichols as Mike said was very clumsy with the ball. Lawrence and the receivers did quite well once they had the ball in there hands.

Edmonton definitely is beatable and Ottawa looked god awful.