[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch And Fine Discussion

Do we even know what happened to him? Maybe he wasn't out cold? maybe they were more concerned about a neck injury or something, We don't even know what happened, can assume it's concussions and all this but... it might not be and if he's out there on the field practicing and running the first team reps, I'd say, it wasn't a concussion at all. 

if there's no symptoms though then he's probably fine. That's the thing about concussions is they're all over the map. Little bump on the head might put a guy out for months but a big shot might not have that much of an effect. I trust the doctors to make the correct call here because it's such a hot button issue these days. 

Do we even know what happened to him? Maybe he wasn't out cold? maybe they were more concerned about a neck injury or something, We don't even know what happened, can assume it's concussions and all this but... it might not be and if he's out there on the field practicing and running the first team reps, I'd say, it wasn't a concussion at all. 

I thought the same thing... He sure didn't move much after the hit though....

Well, when you suspect possibly a neck injury, you are told not to move either. So it's hard to say what happened, I dunno. None of us really do. It's all just huge guesses cuz they don't or haven't told us yet... if they even do, a stinger maybe? I dunno, all i really know is if it was indeed a concussion, i don't think he'd be out there today practicing. 

Well, when you suspect possibly a neck injury, you are told not to move either. So it's hard to say what happened, I dunno. None of us really do. It's all just huge guesses cuz they don't or haven't told us yet... if they even do, a stinger maybe? I dunno, all i really know is if it was indeed a concussion, i don't think he'd be out there today practicing. 

I'm not an expert, but if it was a concussion, my understanding is that there would be no way that he'd be out there participating this soon after.

I dont think he was knocked out.  He was reacting immediately after the contact was made.  It looked like helmet to chin and I imagine it 1) hurt like crazy 2) scared the heck out of him.  Ever cut yourself and in that split second before you look down, it *feels* like it's horrible but its barely a scratch?  I can imagine Willy felt like his face had been caved in and/or neck broken.

When he was being helped off he looked dazed though, though it could also have just been the aftermath of pain/fear, emotional release etc.  I didnt think he looked "glassy" just sort of spent. 

Im sure they went through the protocols and if he is symptom free then he should play.  Its not just about sitting in a dark room either.  After passing everything else, he needs to exert himself and see how he feels.  its possible that he might experience headaches after a hard practice and that would be a set back.  If not, and he's good to go, then he plays.  Im surprised he didnt suffer a broken jaw though.  Hit looked horrible.

I'm not an expert, but if it was a concussion, my understanding is that there would be no way that he'd be out there participating this soon after.

Im no expert either though I have suffered several concussions.  There are degrees of concussions.  He might have passed all the testing and be deemed symptom free.  And even then, maybe he did suffer a slight concussion.  I assume he passed testing and today is about exerting himself.

Symptoms can get worse after repeated concussions too.  I know the last time I took a head shot, I felt friggen horrible for about 2-3 days.  The first 24 hours were horrible though.  Just awful.  Once I felt better, I felt completely better.

I got a feeling that this is just to confuse the Als who to prepare for. I will be happy if Willy will start but won't be surprised if Bhrom will start and Marve as the no 2.

You're missing one important piece to that puzzle - they wouldn't let him anywhere near the field even to be a decoy if it was as serious as people thought it was.

If it was a concussion .. he'll go through whatever protocol has been defined by the league .. and if he's passed whatever testing is required .. is at his baseline .. the next step would be to see how he respond to exerting himself to see if it brings on symptoms.  If he's symptom free after this .. there's no benefit to having him sit another week .. it's not like a sprain or a strain where the extra time to heal does you good .. you could take a huge shot and be completely fine .. a seemingly innocuous shot could trigger another concussion.  Each and every person responds differently to a TBI.

Again, this is all just speculation but it bodes well for his chances of playing if he's already out on the field.

I got a feeling that this is just to confuse the Als who to prepare for. I will be happy if Willy will start but won't be surprised if Bhrom will start and Marve as the no 2.

You're missing one important piece to that puzzle - they wouldn't let him anywhere near the field even to be a decoy if it was as serious as people thought it was.

And how would that fit into O'Shea's statement Brohm was rusty because of lack of reps. 

Part of me worries that Willy is going to end up like Dunigan with some serious long-term problems, but right now, I'm just glad he's able to get out there and work like normal. If he feels good, and (more importantly) he's symptom-free tomorrow, then let 'er buck...

Willy should be scheduled for a regular presser sometime this week, the first question asked is going to be about the injury.  Whether he answers it or not remains to be seen.  I think it could possibly have been a "dental" injury.  I don't think many QB's use protective mouth guards because of all the yelling they have to do.