Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

I said it the first time this rumour emerged... and I'll reiterate it again....

If Huff is available this off-season and is looking for a GM/HC gig... I would fired Walters and O'Shea immediately.... take whatever they make, double it, and offer that to Huff... 

Maybe you wanna make very sure Huff will come here first... before you fire Walters and O'Shea.

Otherwise, be ready to scrape the bottom of the barrell for your next GM and HC.

If Huf gets pushed out, I'd hope we'd back the Brinks truck up to his door and offer him GM/HC. If DD gets pushed out, I'd be happy to ignore the whole rookie aspect and take him as our HC. Yup, I said it.

Of course you did, because it's the most contrarian opinion to be had. 

Hiring DD would be no better than keeping MOS on, which I'd be just as happy to do.

It's not contrarian to say I'd like to see DD in Winnipeg. We already given O'Shea a chance and he's proven (12-22) that he's not up to the task. I don't know if DD can make the jump to HC, but he's excelled everywhere he's been except the NFL.He's the best off all the young guys wanting to become a HC IMO.  If he can't make the jump, then we fire him in a couple of years and try again. 

DD is an OC of one of the best offenses in the league even tho they've had to replace most of the O line, half their receivers and have only had Cornish for part of the year. It's pretty much agreed on that we need to fix our offence and DD could bring that to the Bombers. 

If Huf gets pushed out, I'd hope we'd back the Brinks truck up to his door and offer him GM/HC. If DD gets pushed out, I'd be happy to ignore the whole rookie aspect and take him as our HC. Yup, I said it.

Of course you did, because it's the most contrarian opinion to be had. 

Hiring DD would be no better than keeping MOS on, which I'd be just as happy to do.

It's not contrarian to say I'd like to see DD in Winnipeg. We already given O'Shea a chance and he's proven (12-22) that he's not up to the task. I don't know if DD can make the jump to HC, but he's excelled everywhere he's been except the NFL.He's the best off all the young guys wanting to become a HC IMO.  If he can't make the jump, then we fire him in a couple of years and try again. 

DD is an OC of one of the best offenses in the league even tho they've had to replace most of the O line, half their receivers and have only had Cornish for part of the year. It's pretty much agreed on that we need to fix our offence and DD could bring that to the Bombers. 

Is that sort of like how Lapolice was OC for one of the best offenses in the country and was the guy to fix the Bombers offense? Cause no matter what he's proven at OC for Calgary (with arguably the top GM and head coach over him mind you) there's a hell of a lot of good to great coordinators who failed at being a head coach. I personally think Dickenson can make that transition but he's not a sure thing. 

I'd like to see the Bombers step up and make a big splash by giving Huff $1 million per season to be our HC and GM.  Unfortunately our CEO and Board are way too cheap, and too stupid to understand that you need to spend money to make money.  You put a winning product on the field and you'll average 31,000+ bums in the seats per game vs the 26-27k we probably averaged this year. 

I'd like to see the Bombers step up and make a big splash by giving Huff $1 million per season to be our HC and GM.  Unfortunately our CEO and Board are way too cheap, and too stupid to understand that you need to spend money to make money.  You put a winning product on the field and you'll average 31,000+ bums in the seats per game vs the 26-27k we probably averaged this year. 

Then you could volunteer to be his offensive coordinator, cause they couldn't afford to pay one.

I'd like to see the Bombers step up and make a big splash by giving Huff $1 million per season to be our HC and GM. Unfortunately our CEO and Board are way too cheap, and too stupid to understand that you need to spend money to make money. You put a winning product on the field and you'll average 31,000+ bums in the seats per game vs the 26-27k we probably averaged this year.

Then you could volunteer to be his offensive coordinator, cause they couldn't afford to pay one.

Yes they could. 3,000 extra tickets sold per game over a full season is an extra ~2 million dollars. Not very good at math, hey?

I'd like to see the Bombers step up and make a big splash by giving Huff $1 million per season to be our HC and GM. Unfortunately our CEO and Board are way too cheap, and too stupid to understand that you need to spend money to make money. You put a winning product on the field and you'll average 31,000+ bums in the seats per game vs the 26-27k we probably averaged this year.

Yes they could. 3,000 extra tickets sold per game over a full season is an extra ~2 million dollars. Not very good at math, hey?

Once they put together a legitimate balance sheet that demonstrates an ability to operate the Football Club, IGF and service their debts we can start dreaming.  They haven't done that since the stadium opened.  I don't know how you budget for sellouts.  Hiring Hufnagel isn't like flipping a switch.

Once they put together a legitimate balance sheet that demonstrates an ability to operate the Football Club, IGF and service their debts we can start dreaming. They haven't done that since the stadium opened. I don't know how you budget for sellouts. Hiring Hufnagel isn't like flipping a switch.

I didn't budget for a sellout with Huff. I budgeted for 3000 more per game which would be an average of 30-31k per game. Realistic if you look at attendance during the 2011 Swaggerville season. If Huff could produce a consistent 10-12 win team, he'd more than pay for his salary at $1 million per season as GM and HC.

Once they put together a legitimate balance sheet that demonstrates an ability to operate the Football Club, IGF and service their debts we can start dreaming. They haven't done that since the stadium opened. I don't know how you budget for sellouts. Hiring Hufnagel isn't like flipping a switch.

I didn't budget for a sellout with Huff. I budgeted for 3000 more per game which would be an average of 30-31k per game. Realistic if you look at attendance during the 2011 Swaggerville season. If Huff could produce a consistent 10-12 win team, he'd more than pay for his salary at $1 million per season as GM and HC.

And if he wins 15 games over two seasons and you want to fire him?  Can you, or are you too invested financially?  Hufnagel's success isn't just him.  He's got the best personnel guy in the recent history of the league with him, he's got Dickenson, Stubler etc.  If you can't build that organization, what's the point of paying one person?

And if he wins 15 games over two seasons and you want to fire him? Can you, or are you too invested financially? Hufnagel's success isn't just him. He's got the best personnel guy in the recent history of the league with him, he's got Dickenson, Stubler etc. If you can't build that organization, what's the point of paying one person?

His rep would certainly attract top notch people to work with him. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of his staff followed him. Might take a year or two, but he'd produce a winner.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Too stupid? What about your comment?

If you check the Twitter feed scrolling down the right side, looks like buzz is back re: Huff to Riders next year. Jamie Nye claiming that Scott Mitchell of Calgary Sun thinks Huff is going to get forced out because he doesn't want to quit coaching and the tall foreheads want Dave **** to take over....

If the Stamps force Huffer out, it would probably be a mistake of epic proportions. Dave D. may turn out to be a good head coach, but it is a roll of the dice. Even Popp and Buono, who are pretty bright guys with tonnes of experience, have had difficulty finding good coaches.

Can't see that happening. Just can't. Huff agreed to let Dave take the reigns. My understanding is that it was Huff's idea. 

And if he wins 15 games over two seasons and you want to fire him? Can you, or are you too invested financially? Hufnagel's success isn't just him. He's got the best personnel guy in the recent history of the league with him, he's got Dickenson, Stubler etc. If you can't build that organization, what's the point of paying one person?

His rep would certainly attract top notch people to work with him. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of his staff followed him. Might take a year or two, but he'd produce a winner.

So year two and we still have no winning team, no decent OC cuz we cant afford one, crappy talent from firing walters and replacing with no name scouts as we couldnt afford better.. And huff is on the hot seat.. And willy or our starter goes down for a long time..

You can say how awesome it could be but flipping the coin it could be just as much a disaster..

Fun game I suppose.

So year two and we still have no winning team, no decent OC cuz we cant afford one, crappy talent from firing walters and replacing with no name scouts as we couldnt afford better.. And huff is on the hot seat.. And willy or our starter goes down for a long time..

You can say how awesome it could be but flipping the coin it could be just as much a disaster..

Fun game I suppose.

Isn't what your describing what we are going through right now?

Fun game I suppose.

Fun game I suppose.

No, we didnt blow our coaching wad on one guy so hypothetically if a really good OC pops up we should be able to entice him. Say what you will about Oshea but with an offense that actually is an advantage or even a break even, this team is .500 or better.