Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

I hope the move to BMO field is a shot in the arm that argos need to get people to come to their games. Always a party in Toronto for Grey Cup.

With owners with big wallets who are willing to open them up it should be much better for the team. Add a good schedule and nice stadium that is much better for football than Rogers Centre and it should help get fans out.

Rogers, ptuie. That company is run by a family who are just a bunch of CFL-hating wannabe Americans. If Government regulations didn't require them to be headquartered in Canada they'd move to New York faster than you can say "eh?".

As a bloke on Esksfans.com pointed out, the silhouette of Rogers Centre is oddly (even though it's sponsored by Shaw, it's still odd) missing from the 2016 Grey Cup Logo.

CQLnQFMWgAAur4A.jpg

I hope the move to BMO field is a shot in the arm that argos need to get people to come to their games. Always a party in Toronto for Grey Cup.

With owners with big wallets who are willing to open them up it should be much better for the team. Add a good schedule and nice stadium that is much better for football than Rogers Centre and it should help get fans out.

Rogers, ptuie. That company is run by a family who are just a bunch of CFL-hating wannabe Americans. If Government regulations didn't require them to be headquartered in Canada they'd move to New York faster than you can say "eh?".

As a bloke on Esksfans.com pointed out, the silhouette of Rogers Centre is oddly (even though it's sponsored by Shaw, it's still odd) missing from the 2016 Grey Cup Logo.

CQLnQFMWgAAur4A.jpg

That's because the game will be played at BMO Field.

Could be because Tim Hortons field is pretty small.

According to the ticats website "Tim Hortons Field’s capacity will be expandable to a minimum of 35,000 seats for major events like Grey Cup Championships or suitable concerts.", so at worst 1,000 under this years Grey Cup at IGF. New Mosaic, IGF, TD Place, BMO Field and THF are all supposed to seat around 40,000, which seems to be the new norm I suppose.

The point is that the silhouette at the bottom is of the Toronto skyline. The Rogers Centre is very much a part of the Toronto skyline. Except in that logo.

The point is that the silhouette at the bottom is of the Toronto skyline. The Rogers Centre is very much a part of the Toronto skyline. Except in that logo.

Ooops. My bad. 

Why would the riders trade Messam? Is he a free agent after this season? Messam has been the Riders best player this year, bar none.

I would bet that Mr. Messam felt out of place in a small city like Regina, and would have been gone at the end of the year anyways. The Rider faithful were likely chafing that McCallum had to be brought back to a team that dumped him so unceremoniously.