Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

The Riders would need 5, they don't have the tie breaker on BC or us.

Yup. That's what I said. +4 wins means 1 + 4 =5.

I'm a Winnipeger not from Saskatchewan. :D

Looks like I posted it on a wrong thread. :D:lol:

The Riders would need 5, they don't have the tie breaker on BC or us.

Yup. That's what I said. +4 wins means 1 + 4 =5.

I'm a Winnipeger not from Saskatchewan. :D

Looks like I posted it on a wrong thread. :D:lol:

My mistake.

Question for the old timers. Lots of these qb injuries this year. .. Durant Collaros Willy... Lulay even.. pretty much did it to themselves. Wondering if the field turf is to blame for this. Did this happen lots when grass was used instead

That's a good question, especially considering Durant, Willy and Collaros are all non contact injuries.

I'm sure the turf has some degree of fault.

However, the Texans are going to Field Turf after the endless parade of injuries the seams in their natural turf has contributed to.

That seems as much to do with their crazy removable turf put in, and taken out, before each game. The resulting seams were as bad as astro turf.

Which was created in Texas.

Full circle!

It was 78 when we got turf for first time here. There was a lot of sloppy football games played back then when field was muddy. Couldn't even tell what numbers were on the jerseys sometimes. Playoff games were the worst, no traction on the line, everyone slip sliding around.  I much enjoy the game more now.

Question for the old timers. Lots of these qb injuries this year. .. Durant Collaros Willy... Lulay even.. pretty much did it to themselves. Wondering if the field turf is to blame for this. Did this happen lots when grass was used instead

The turf they use now with the rubber pellets is much, much better than the Tartan or Astro Turf that was used up until maybe a decade ago when this new technology came out. In the days of natural grass field vs artificial turf there was more forgiveness with natural turf. On natural grass,when a player cut his cleats didn't just stop because the traction was so good with artificial turf, it may have slipped slightly from momentum on natural grassthus allowing less force to be applied to knee & ankle joints than today when tackled so there was more forgiveness on a players joints. 

So,back in the day the injuries weren't as frequent. Proof of that is the fact teams played 16 regular game seasons with a month of training camp & four pre season games with a 32 man roster & 4 man taxi squad. teams would have injuries but not to the extent it destroyed the roster although depth was always an issue.