Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

I really think MOS has what it takes. Get the impression he knows a lot more than he lets on in the media.

He knows what the team is lacking. Set him up with a decent squad and capably OC and he'd be fine.

His mistake was picking MB as his OC.

I would can MB today and Walters at year end. Get a real OC and someone who can find players like John Murphy. Then see what MOS can do.

I can see what the team is lacking and with zero coaching experience I can see that Brohm does not have it. But alas lets blame Walters for not putting in Nicholls and starting Brohm.

Tedford has the profile you would expect to see in a good coach- a decent but not great player who had a good career due more to using his head as opposed to being gifted, then moving up through coaching to the pro level. Oh, well, hard to win without a competitive quarterback.

I agree 100% about Tedford. Would have loved to see him here.

Tedford has had success in coaching everywhere he has been and sure seems to be a student of the game. Should he be sacked and the rest of the season not improve significantly here, i ould be Ok seeing him here. He reminds me a lot of Trestman, and Higgins.

I really think MOS has what it takes. Get the impression he knows a lot more than he lets on in the media.

He knows what the team is lacking. Set him up with a decent squad and capably OC and he'd be fine.

I would can MB today and Walters at year end. Get a real OC and someone who can find players like John Murphy. Then see what MOS can do.

I can see what the team is lacking and with zero coaching experience I can see that Brohm does not have it. But alas lets blame Walters for not putting in Nicholls and starting Brohm.

Yes lets all blame MOS for not starting a guy who hasn't even arrived yet. And yeah, it's MOS fault he has to try to make chicken salad out of chicken sheet. 

If BC loses and the Bombers get beaten by the Riders twice in the next two weeks, we could have a baker's hat trick of canned coaches this year- might be some kind of record..

As much as you seem to think otherwise MOS is going nowhere. Learn to accept that

Back to back blow out losses from a previously win less team then anything and everything should be on the table.

Yes lets all blame MOS for not starting a guy who hasn't even arrived yet. And yeah, it's MOS fault he has to try to make chicken salad out of chicken sheet.

MOS was the one who kept Brohm and Marve here he thought they were good backups so all of a sudden it's only Walters fault? If he thought he had chicken sheet wouldn't he have told Walters don't resign Brohm? Nope.

If BC loses and the Bombers get beaten by the Riders twice in the next two weeks, we could have a baker's hat trick of canned coaches this year- might be some kind of record..

As much as you seem to think otherwise MOS is going nowhere. Learn to accept that

Walter won't fire O'Shea.

Save his ass he might.

Save his ass he might.

If I was a GM I'd never hire a friend to be a HC. That way if I have to fire the coach, I'm not destroying a friendship so there'd be no second guessing or regret. My conscience would be clear.

Save his ass he might.

If I was a GM I'd never hire a friend to be a HC. That way if I have to fire the coach, I'm not destroying a friendship so there'd be no second guessing or regret. My conscience would be clear.

How many times does it need to be said that Walters and O'Shea were NOT friends when O'Shea was hired.

Save his ass he might.

How many times does it need to be said that Walters and O'Shea were NOT friends when O'Shea was hired.

So they hated each other's guts then?  Must have been an entertaining job interview.

Walters:  O'Shea, you suck.

O'Shea:  So do you, ya big jerk.

Walters: God, I hate you.  Wanna work here.

O'Shea: Sure.  

Save his ass he might.

So they hated each other's guts then?  Must have been an entertaining job interview.

Walters:  O'Shea, you suck.

O'Shea:  So do you, ya big jerk.

Walters: God, I hate you.  Wanna work here?

O'Shea: Sure.  

These conflicted relationships are soooo hard to figure out.

O'Shea and Walters were friends....they played at Guelph together and at Hamilton.....they go way back.

"Friends" is a relative term.  If two people know each other, that doesn't automatically make them friends.  And if it does, you'd be hard-pressed to find many working relationships in the CFL that didn't start that way, with someone hiring someone else that they are familiar with.

O'Shea was a senior at Guelph when Walters came in as a rookie, and they were on opposite sides of the ball (Walters was an RB at the time).  They played a grand total of one season together in Hamilton.

Few weeks back most ppl thought we had Damn good QB depth. Few weeks later... Here we are. It really is crazy. Mike Kelly was certainly bang on about what he called some of the fans. Give the devil his due he spoke tge Damn truth and you see it after every win or loss this team has.

Most people thought Brohm and Marve were good Qbing depth?  Interesting....

Few weeks back most ppl thought we had Damn good QB depth. Few weeks later... Here we are. It really is crazy. Mike Kelly was certainly bang on about what he called some of the fans. Give the devil his due he spoke tge Damn truth and you see it after every win or loss this team has.

What the cuss is your point? That people who felt we had good QB depth at the start of the season should keep on saying that?

What the cuss is your point? That people who felt we had good QB depth at the start of the season should keep on saying that?
The point is that people's opinions change rather quickly. Like I said earlier tho, I agree that Brohm and Marve aren't good enough but... at the same time at the start of the season, most of us thought they had upside or were at least decent. They aren't but it doesn't change the fact that most people on the board thought they were. Yeah they suck but we never really knew that for sure until last week really.

The only 'friend' hire is Pat Tracey... and he was considered a CFL-ready coach.

MB brings in more 'friends' than anyone else - Dahlqvist, Brohm, Boltus, Kelly...  its an easy fix.

Brohm never played for Bellefuille. Brohm was in Hamilton when Cortez was HC. 

O'Shea and Walters were friends....they played at Guelph together and at Hamilton.....they go way back.

"Friends" is a relative term.  If two people know each other, that doesn't automatically make them friends.  And if it does, you'd be hard-pressed to find many working relationships in the CFL that didn't start that way, with someone hiring someone else that they are familiar with.

O'Shea was a senior at Guelph when Walters came in as a rookie, and they were on opposite sides of the ball (Walters was an RB at the time).  They played a grand total of one season together in Hamilton.

Exactly. And when O'Shea was hired, he and Walters said after that the only times they got together was at football conferences.

"Friends" is a relative term. If two people know each other, that doesn't automatically make them friends. And if it does, you'd be hard-pressed to find many working relationships in the CFL that didn't start that way, with someone hiring someone else that they are familiar with.

O'Shea was a senior at Guelph when Walters came in as a rookie, and they were on opposite sides of the ball (Walters was an RB at the time). They played a grand total of one season together in Hamilton.

Exactly. And when O'Shea was hired, he and Walters said after that the only times they got together was at football conferences.

Someone on this forum posted earlier that O'Shea and Walters were roommates in college.