Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

If BC loses and the Bombers get beaten by the Riders twice in the next two weeks, we could have a baker's hat trick of canned coaches this year- might be some kind of record..

As much as you seem to think otherwise MOS is going nowhere. Learn to accept that
Walter won't fire O'Shea.
Save his ass he might.
If I was a GM I'd never hire a friend to be a HC. That way if I have to fire the coach, I'm not destroying a friendship so there'd be no second guessing or regret. My conscience would be clear.
How many times does it need to be said that Walters and O'Shea were NOT friends when O'Shea was hired.
Everything I read says they were friends.
Links or it didn't happen.

No thanks. How am I supposed to find a link? it's what I've read & heard. You choose to not believe well I don't care.

If BC loses and the Bombers get beaten by the Riders twice in the next two weeks, we could have a baker's hat trick of canned coaches this year- might be some kind of record..

As much as you seem to think otherwise MOS is going nowhere. Learn to accept that
Save his ass he might.
If I was a GM I'd never hire a friend to be a HC. That way if I have to fire the coach, I'm not destroying a friendship so there'd be no second guessing or regret. My conscience would be clear.
How many times does it need to be said that Walters and O'Shea were NOT friends when O'Shea was hired.

No thanks. How am I supposed to find a link? it's what I've read & heard. You choose to not believe well I don't care.

If you've read it then there should be a link somewhere.

Save his ass he might.

Then you find it if it means so much to prove me wrong.

Save his ass he might.

Then you find it if it means so much to prove me wrong.

I've looked and haven't found anything that says they were friends or roommates. You made the assertion so it's your responsibility to either prove it or stop making the claim because that's how it works on message boards.

If Hufnagel goes to the Riders I'll puke.

Just thinking the same thing... if this rumour turns out to come true I'm gonna smash my head against a wall!!!

When it comes to the Riders almost anything makes me feel that way.  :wacko:

Walters and MOS played together in CIS, I believe, and Pat Tracy was their coach, no? Am I crazy or did I not read that...?

Walters' first year at Guelph was O'Shea's final year. Pat Tracy was on staff at Guelph then and he was also ST coordinator of the Ticats in 1998 when Walters was there.

I knew I wasn't dreaming it...

i tend to agree.. he had a hand in bringing him here originally i thought.. he would probably hate to lose him..

Mack drafted Muamba. Walters wanted OL Scott Mitchell instead at the same pick.

doh. i thought walters wanted muamba and mack want mitchell or edem.

hrm. well then i revise to.. Walters knows the value of ratio breaking canadian talent and already wants a MLB whos canadian.. ;)