Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

Not sure whether it was already posted but Ricky Ray has been put back on the 6 game IR.

Procedurally, what does that exactly mean? Just that it'll be longer that 6 weeks, or that it'll be another 6 weeks?

It's like the 9 week IR used to be, but now there's no limit on pulling guys off early, just that their salary for the entire time up to the 6 weeks counts towards the SMS total.

Ray could be back at anytime.

Not sure whether it was already posted but Ricky Ray has been put back on the 6 game IR.

Procedurally, what does that exactly mean? Just that it'll be longer that 6 weeks, or that it'll be another 6 weeks?

It's like the 9 week IR used to be, but now there's no limit on pulling guys off early, just that their salary for the entire time up to the 6 weeks counts towards the SMS total.

It's the "putting him back on" is what confused me. So it's just going beyond 6 games.

It's the "putting him back on" is what confused me. So it's just going beyond 6 games.

He came off after being on for 6 games but isn't ready so he was put back on for a second time.

He came off after being on for 6 games but isn't ready so he was put back on for a second time.
So why did he come off if he wasn't ready? That I don't understand.

He automatically came off after being on it for 6 games. There were a bunch of players who came off this week for that reason.

He automatically came off after being on it for 6 games. There were a bunch of players who came off this week for that reason.
Oh ok. So it's 6 game maximum. If the player is still injured, it's a new 6 game IR procedural move. Thanks I get it now.

Lol it's called the 6 Game Ir. You can't be on the 6 Game IR for 7 games....

Pretty sure the NFL version you can. That's why I was a little confused.

Is there an NFL version? They have the physically unable to perform list, and IR - Designated to return. But nothing like our injured list.
The NFL's PUP is what I'm thinking of. I believe it's a minimum of 6 games, but can be longer without another procedural move required.

Good thing there wasn't a game in Calgary yesterday with the blizzard and all. How embarrassing!

Only in Calgary would there be a snowstorm in August.

There isn't one thing factual in this post.
Not a blizzard but there was snow in nw Calgary and west in higher elevations.
It was a light dusting that melted as soon as it hit the ground. Was mostly rain.

Haha!  Listen to the Calgarians try to downplay the snowfall in summer.

Calgarians to Winnipeggers - we get half the cold weather days in the winter than you do and don't you forget it!

Winnipeggers - but what about the the regular snowfalls you receive in May...and June....and August.... and September

Calgarians - those only happen once a decade or so exactly like Winnipeg....and the snowfall is always a dusting melting at first contact.  Plus the snowfall happens in the foothills which are like 4000 feet higher then downtown Calgary.

Seconded...when it gets cold in Manitoba, it STAYS cold. I hate this bullshit up and down cold/warm during AB winter. I always tell people out here "-40 isn't THAT bad, when you get used to it after a week or so..." but out here, -15 feels SO COLD when you just came off a +2 chinook for a week. It's just the worst...

prairie people are great.... I mean it...

The night the Jets got into the playoffs it was pretty cold, did not stop people from going downtown and celebrating in and outside.

Latest here is kids, as in high school, go out all winter in just shirts, and sweaters.

love it.

climate problem....I have a friend living on a small island off the west coast, that relies on precipitation for all his water. probably bathing in salt water these days.

The minus 40 thing is a little overblown, it's rarely minus 40 here, some days with the winchill sure but... honestly it's probably only like 7-10 days worth of -40 with the windchill, our winters in my opinion have gotten a little more mild over my lifetime.... I have no problem with snow, i enjoy the snow but if you take the windchill out of it, well... most days are probably -10 to -20 on average... 

The Minus 40 stuff is definitely overblown a wee bit in my opinion. 

I still remember August long weekend 2002.  I left Kelowna in shorts and a golf shirt as it was 25C here, and when I filled up with gas at the Petro-Can at COP on the outskirts of Calgary it was snowing hard and I could barely fill the tank as my hands were shaking so bad.  Of course, I hadn't even brought a jacket, as it was August 2nd, for goodness sakes.  I had truly forgotten how shitty the weather in Calgary could be, even in summer.

Don't forget all the surprises you get in southern Alberta when you go for a walk after a snowfall and find hidden patches of glare ice where you can wipe out. Three years later and my knee still ihurts some days after such a fall. And it can make driving exciting, too.

Redblacks sign Ronnie Pfeffer to a 3 year deal. 

No surprise here. Ottawa's kicker was way below average last game and they were losing 10-15 yards every exchange of possession even when the yardage they were each gaining was equal. I still think we should have signed him and then hid him.