Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

I watched the Edm Cgy game and the officiating was a total embarrassment in that one as well. Reilly took late hits and cheap shots all game long... And, how there was no helmet-to-helmet penalty on the play where Sherrit ear-holed Rogers is unforgivable. Spectacular hit, but another case where the league talks tough on protecting players and then does sweet eff all

Ha, ha. Sure. My responsibility. Don't be so high & mighty. This is an internet board not a journalism class. I say I read it somewhere, you say you don't believe me by basically calling me a liar. Well then, if you're so offended by it then you continue to look because I'm sure not. I have never posted rumours here about anyone or anything in the past. So, like I say if you want to play school teacher here then you find it. I don't answer to you here.

Obviously your message board etiquette needs some brushing up.

Then you find it if it means so much to prove me wrong.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You don't get to call things facts without being prepared to source that claim.

The 5 people who liked that post and myself agree.

BTW, Iso, at the press conference when O'Shea was hired, O'Shea and Walters both said they were "teammates" - not friends, not roommates.

Bill Frank posted the link proving they were friends, looks like you owe iso_55 an apology no?

@CurtisGRush: "After seeing the video of my sideline bump of Dave Stala during Friday’s game, I have spoken with Dave and apologized:" Kent Austin #CFL

He even issued a statement on ticat stationary. CFL musta said something..

The league has to at least fine him don't they. You can't have coaches intentionally bumping players who go into there sidelines because momentum took him there during the play. Doesn't matter if Stala is a bigger idiot than Austin coaches have to keep themselves in check

No to Williams, willie or veltung would be my choice but i think Moore will be good to go next game, pretty obvious he had a shoulder injury earlier in the game popped out and probably popped it back in again but... apparently it's a lower body injury that took him out of the game for good. Landed funny i guess? Cuz honestly, didn't notice how he got hurt. 

Bigger question is... when do we say enough with Walker, dude is awful, just terrible,, one nice play by him last night tho, could have been a lot nicer if he decided to actually turn it up field instead of going to the sidelines to avoid the hit... nice little pass out to him, nice gain but... if he turned it up field instead of heading to the sidelines, he had a lot of space in front of him.

Walker should be used like how Lawrence and back in the Taylor were used.

He should not be running up the gut ever...

Rewatch the first Bomber/RB game from last year to see how Chevy can be used.  He looked fantastic in that game.  If the Bomber could work him in as an escape receiver and get him space he might do well.

Walker should be used like how Lawrence and back in the Taylor were used.

He should not be running up the gut ever...

In zone run blocking the back reads the blocks and hits the gap he finds.  The call isn't going to a certain gap, it's right or left, and mostly up to the back and the blocking which is based on the defensive front.  Looks to me like Walker is extremely hesitant, he did a lot of shuffling last night, which could be physical or mental (can't read the blocking), and our line is pretty terrible too.  Even when Walker got the ball once on a run play and once on a screen well outside of the tackle with a ton of space he barely got going before the Riders closed in.  I don't quite think his speed has ever matched the hype, and that's been for years.  He's worse than Grigsby. 

Apparently Korey Williams is no longer with the Riders, do the Bombers take a chance on him?  Nick Moore may not be healthy

Moore hurt? I thought he finished the game.

Walters must wonder WTF every time Moore comes up lame. 

Apparently Korey Williams is no longer with the Riders, do the Bombers take a chance on him? Nick Moore may not be healthy

I'm intrigued to see more of Mike Willie or Veltung if Moore is out.

Apparently Korey Williams is no longer with the Riders, do the Bombers take a chance on him? Nick Moore may not be healthy

So both Veltung and Willie did not dress for the Riders?

So both Veltung and Willie did not dress for the Riders?
Correct, for the Banjo Bowl. Willie played in the LDC.

Ha, ha. Sure. My responsibility. Don't be so high & mighty. This is an internet board not a journalism class. I say I read it somewhere, you say you don't believe me by basically calling me a liar. Well then, if you're so offended by it then you continue to look because I'm sure not. I have never posted rumours here about anyone or anything in the past. So, like I say if you want to play school teacher here then you find it. I don't answer to you here.

Obviously your message board etiquette needs some brushing up.

Then you find it if it means so much to prove me wrong.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You don't get to call things facts without being prepared to source that claim.

The 5 people who liked that post and myself agree.

BTW, Iso, at the press conference when O'Shea was hired, O'Shea and Walters both said they were "teammates" - not friends, not roommates.

Bill Frank posted the link proving they were friends, looks like you owe iso_55 an apology no?

Why?  Iso did nothing to back his claim with links, just his "memory".  Lucky for him Bill Frank put in the work and found a story citing the Walters/O'Shea friendship after their CIS days.  Kudos to Bill Frank for actually doing the research.