Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

Ha, ha. Sure. My responsibility. Don't be so high & mighty. This is an internet board not a journalism class. I say I read it somewhere, you say you don't believe me by basically calling me a liar. Well then, if you're so offended by it then you continue to look because I'm sure not. I have never posted rumours here about anyone or anything in the past. So, like I say if you want to play school teacher here then you find it. I don't answer to you here.

Obviously your message board etiquette needs some brushing up.

Then you find it if it means so much to prove me wrong.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You don't get to call things facts without being prepared to source that claim.

The 5 people who liked that post and myself agree.

BTW, Iso, at the press conference when O'Shea was hired, O'Shea and Walters both said they were "teammates" - not friends, not roommates.

Bill Frank posted the link proving they were friends, looks like you owe iso_55 an apology no?

Why?  Iso did nothing to back his claim with links, just his "memory".  Lucky for him Bill Frank put in the work and found a story citing the Walters/O'Shea friendship after their CIS days.  Kudos to Bill Frank for actually doing the research.  

You guys might want to re-read that link carefully.  Running into each other at "football functions" wouldn't really register as a personal relationship.  If it does, nobody in Canadian football could hire anyone else in Canadian football if they are avoiding their "buddies" and "friends."

Ha, ha. Sure. My responsibility. Don't be so high & mighty. This is an internet board not a journalism class. I say I read it somewhere, you say you don't believe me by basically calling me a liar. Well then, if you're so offended by it then you continue to look because I'm sure not. I have never posted rumours here about anyone or anything in the past. So, like I say if you want to play school teacher here then you find it. I don't answer to you here.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You don't get to call things facts without being prepared to source that claim.

BTW, Iso, at the press conference when O'Shea was hired, O'Shea and Walters both said they were "teammates" - not friends, not roommates.

Bill Frank posted the link proving they were friends, looks like you owe iso_55 an apology no?

Why?  Iso did nothing to back his claim with links, just his "memory".  Lucky for him Bill Frank put in the work and found a story citing the Walters/O'Shea friendship after their CIS days.  Kudos to Bill Frank for actually doing the research.  

You guys might want to re-read that link carefully.  Running into each other at "football functions" wouldn't really register as a personal relationship.  If it does, nobody in Canadian football could hire anyone else in Canadian football if they are avoiding their "buddies" and "friends."

I did read it carefully and I did notice it was the reporter that insinuated the "friendship" between O'Shea and Walters, not O'Shea and Walters directly.  But they don't deny it either and Walters references their "relationship" when he talks about hiring O'Shea which can be construed as a friendship on some level.  This whole argument comes down to whether or not O'Shea and Walters were friends before they joined the Bombers, not that they were BFFs, just friends.  At face value, this article does seem to make that case.  Doesn't mean there aren't a lot of "friends" or "buddies" in the coaching and management ranks in the CFL.  Walters and O'Shea's history is not unique.  

I don't want or need an apology.

Why? Iso did nothing to back his claim with links, just his "memory". Lucky for him Bill Frank put in the work and found a story citing the Walters/O'Shea friendship after their CIS days. Kudos to Bill Frank for actually doing the research.

You guys might want to re-read that link carefully. Running into each other at "football functions" wouldn't really register as a personal relationship. If it does, nobody in Canadian football could hire anyone else in Canadian football if they are avoiding their "buddies" and "friends."

And it also says nothing about being roommates.

That link actually backs up what I've been saying.

Why? Iso did nothing to back his claim with links, just his "memory". Lucky for him Bill Frank put in the work and found a story citing the Walters/O'Shea friendship after their CIS days. Kudos to Bill Frank for actually doing the research.

You guys might want to re-read that link carefully. Running into each other at "football functions" wouldn't really register as a personal relationship. If it does, nobody in Canadian football could hire anyone else in Canadian football if they are avoiding their "buddies" and "friends."

And it also says nothing about being roommates.

That link actually backs up what I've been saying.

Thats what i got from it as well..

LOL! All of you, in your zeal to prove me wrong are beginning to sound so ridiculous. It isn't about proving me wrong anymore it's about you all being right. You're just making fools of yourselves in the process. As Floyd says, just stop you guys while you're still ahead. 

giphy.gif

Is this you right now ISO?   :lol:

LOL! All of you, in your zeal to prove me wrong are beginning to sound so ridiculous. It isn't about proving me wrong anymore it's about you all being right. You're just making fools of yourselves in the process. As Floyd says, just stop you guys while you're still ahead. 

Personally, I don't give a flying rat's bum either way.

Personally, I don't give a flying rat's bum either way.

Thank you. Great answer. It's getting to the point that I don't either.

Arash Madani @ArashMadani

1/2 -- Per #CFL sources: A lot of discontent in the BC Lions locker room with head coach Jeff Tedford.

2/2: Been a number of captain meetings in BC; leaders have told Tedford of discontent and want for change. Ignored. Real tension there. #CFL

On home game days, Jeff Tedford has *mandatory* film study at 1 pm in Surrey for 7 pm downtown kickoff. Absurd. Players out of routine. #CFL

#CFL sources: Lions made Andrew Harris an initial extension offer. Harris countered. Early in negotiation process. Nothing imminent.

Per sources: BC Lions and #CFL leading rusher, Andrew Harris, have started negotiations on a contract extension. Sides presently FAR apart.

Harris, the #CFL leading rusher, is a pending free agent at year's end. Buono not big on extensions in-season. Interesting how it plays out.

I know Wally from his time in Calgary. He really undervalues veterans & if he can sign a rookie for a lower price he'll do it. When it comes to negotiating new contracts he's The Ice Man. He cut Allen Pitts & Geroy Simon for gosh sakes... It wouldn't surprise me if Harris didn't sign again with the Lions. Wouldn't it be something if he returned home?

I know Wally from his time in Calgary. He really undervalues veterans & if he can sign a rookie for a lower price he'll do it. When it comes to negotiating new contracts he's The Ice Man. He cut Allen Pitts & Geroy Simon for gosh sakes... It wouldn't surprise me if Harris didn't sign again with the Lions. Wouldn't it be something if he returned home?

Yes it would. I've always thought Wally was a ****. I wouldn't underestimate him or his team though.