Darian Durant Torn Achilles

Geebrr

Excerpt from Rod Pedersen's blog post:

Cue the hysteria in the Rider Nation.  Facebook and Twitter exploded even further, with many writing the season off and some season ticket holders offering up their seats for the rest of the season.  Even in the "Austin" parking lot as I was walking out, one inebriated fan in a DURANT jersey kicked a Pilsner can and screamed, "F*&K!" as he looked up at the sunset. 

Here are the posts knocking the "classless" Durant and saying "karma":

I don't feel sorry one bit for the rider fans or Durant. Both the fans and him lack class and lets see how Glenn can handle the pressure this season!

Durant got a huge dose of Karma last night. In the pre-game huddle he was saying that the Bombers didn't belong the same field. (Just watch the game recap video on TSN)

Durant was also insinuating that the injury he received last year when playing us was no accident...that somehow we're out to get him...Karmas a bi#ch sometimes and the injury he received last night was self inflicted...I wonder how he's going to try to spin this one...

He also whined like a baby about fans saying things to him here a few years ago.

Unlikeable whiny d-bag.

And here are the posts praising the Bombers for the same type of trash talk:

Durant got a huge dose of Karma last night. In the pre-game huddle he was saying that the Bombers didn't belong the same field. (Just watch the game recap video on TSN)

I saw that too.

What most people didn't see, because I doubt it was on TV, was at the game during player intros, there was a sort of stage area for the players to stand on the field. The rest of the Bombers were doing as they should and watching from their sideline, but Dom Picard was marching around on the field just inside their stage area on the field. Small thing but it looked like he was trying to show the Riders a little disrespect. I loved it!

From the FP:

Prior to the start of the game, Moore confronted some Riders as they were coming out for player introductions. He said he gave another prediction of sorts to Saskatchewan defensive tackle Tearrius George when the two men confronted one another at centre field.

“It’s our house tonight,” Moore said he told George.

Love it!!

Except I dislike like him for being a whiney D bag complaining about comments from fans and opposing players.

Has nothing to do with his injury.

I primarily liked the introduction confrontation because I like the pay back for game here last year.

So don't use quotes out of context.

Good game guys, full credit for the win. As far as DD, it sucks. Is what it is however. We trudge on with Glenn and hope things work out. We aren't writing off the season just yet.

Thanks man! There isn't much of a drop off between Durant and Glenn so I think the Riders will be fine at QB. Taman looking smart now for signing Glenn. The concern for the Riders now is Canadian depth with Demski, Emry and McDougall all out for a while.

When DD went down the hole stadium just died. The Riders were prime for the taking. Any good team is going to put another away when they get the chance. The Bombers seized the moment and grabbed the victory. First bomber win in regina in 11years.  We'll be back boys, its a long season. I'm not running and hiding or jumping off a cliff because DD is hurt. Guess we are going to have to come into your house and steal one now.  (:

One other thing I want to say. To those of you calling the Rider fans classless, maybe read some of your own posts revelling in a potential career ending injury to another teams QB before you talk about class. It didn't break my heart when Reilly got hurt the other day, but I sure as hell haven't said much about it because his career could be over and that really sucks because he is good qb and is good for the league. As far as the Riders go, don't feel sorry for us, we'll be fine. I wouldn't be heart broken if the same thing happened to Willy, but I sure as hell wouldn't be enjoying it to the point that I would be chirping fans at the stadium about it. A few Bomber fans were within a inch of their lives at Mosiac on Saturday. Every fan base has some less than classy fans, as do we, but take off the blue goggles for a minute and see you are no different. I've for the most part always had good experiences with the bomber fans at your stadium and ours. Don't let the mouthy few wreck it for the majority. 

Fans were great at the stadium on Saturday. We sat in section 57 and nobody mouthed off to us at all. One guy mockingly tossed an empty beer can at me as a joke and we had a laugh about it, other than that nobody had much of anything to say.

Rider fans looked pretty defeated, no point rubbing it in. The only thing I will mention is that if I hear any of them saying the Durant injury is why they lost ... well ... good for them. If that's what they need to get through the day, more power to them I guess. But the Bombers didn't get handed a victory. They took it.

Fans were great at the stadium on Saturday. We sat in section 57 and nobody mouthed off to us at all. One guy mockingly tossed an empty beer can at me as a joke and we had a laugh about it, other than that nobody had much of anything to say.

Rider fans looked pretty defeated, no point rubbing it in. The only thing I will mention is that if I hear any of them saying the Durant injury is why they lost ... well ... good for them. If that's what they need to get through the day, more power to them I guess. But the Bombers didn't get handed a victory. They took it.

Glad u had a good trip Mike. Lets hook for a brew the next time you come down. The DD injury is going to hurt us more later in the year. We lost because of defense just couldn't contain Cotton and couldn't get to Willy. The Bomber offense looked very good and played excellent in a hostile environment. Picard had a huge game in the middle, shut down Terrius George the whole game, and opened some holes for Cotton.. Full credit for the win.

Cue the hysteria in the Rider Nation.  Facebook and Twitter exploded even further, with many writing the season off and some season ticket holders offering up their seats for the rest of the season.  Even in the "Austin" parking lot as I was walking out, one inebriated fan in a DURANT jersey kicked a Pilsner can and screamed, "F*&K!" as he looked up at the sunset. 

...And here's the Rider "fans" we all know and love. This is why I'm desperate for them to go through a bout of Al Ford Years. We'll test out this theory about "Best Fans".......

I don't wish for long term, or in this case potential career ending injury to any CFL opposition player. However, I do wish short term, game ending injuries to each and every opposition team member we play against. That may not sound classy.....and I don't care.  

Sucks that Durant is out for the year, I feel sorry for him and his family. I do not, however, have an ounce of sympathy for the Riders or their fans. I say tough **** to them.

I don't wish for long term, or in this case potential career ending injury to any CFL opposition player. However, I do wish short term, game ending injuries to each and every opposition team member we play against. That may not sound classy.....and I don't care.  

Sucks that Durant is out for the year, I feel sorry for him and his family. I do not, however, have an ounce of sympathy for the Riders or their fans. I say tough **** to them.

I'm fine with that, and right back at ya..  That's how most fans look at it.

@sportscage: Taman says 2 QBs are on their way in. A good guess would be Tino Sunseri

@sportscage: Taman: "We fully expect to have Darian Durant back next year

@sportscage: Taman says Durant seems "upbeat, considering...". Darian won't speak publicly until after his surgery which could be a week

@sportscage: Taman says 2 QBs are on their way in. A good guess would be Tino Sunseri

@sportscage: Taman: "We fully expect to have Darian Durant back next year

@sportscage: Taman says Durant seems "upbeat, considering...". Darian won't speak publicly until after his surgery which could be a week

And so begins the second round of "Tino Sunseri is the next Ricky Ray" commentary from the Green Kool-aid drinkers.  Huzzah.

...And here's the Rider "fans" we all know and love. This is why I'm desperate for them to go through a bout of Al Ford Years. We'll test out this theory about "Best Fans".......

Just curious - do you feel personally threatened by the level of fandom in Saskatachewan? Why does it bother you so much that they have the "best fans" label?

Just curious - do you feel personally threatened by the level of fandom in Saskatachewan? Why does it bother you so much that they have the "best fans" label?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I'm sick of hearing it ad nauseam. Plus, anyone over the age of 25 remembers the lean years/decades to the west so the chest thumping gets a little tiresome when its coming from a loaded bandwagon.

Because it's annoying as all hell. There are a ton of gappers living in Calgary and Alberta in general so you run into a ton of them and they are just obnoxious about their fandom, even if they are the people who jumped on the bandwagon. I have nothing but respect for the Rider fans who were actually die hard fans through the crappy years, it's the new fans that piss me off cause they only came to the team recently and have no appreciation for how quickly fortunes can change in the CFL. 

For Edmonton, again nothing personal against Reilly but he has tried to be Ben Rothlisberger too much and it was only a matter of time before someone cleaned his clock out by sacking him like that.  Plus I hate Chris Jones who's an absolute ***hole and he doesn't deserve any Cups to hoist.

So Reilly's reckless nature of standing in the pocket and being hit low (unintentional as it may be) is his own fault, and you knew it was coming?

Do you also blame people hit by drunk driver's because they often exceed the speed limit?

The fact that Glen Suitor agrees with your line of thinking should be proof enough that it is majorly flawed.

Because it's annoying as all hell. There are a ton of gappers living in Calgary and Alberta in general so you run into a ton of them and they are just obnoxious about their fandom, even if they are the people who jumped on the bandwagon. I have nothing but respect for the Rider fans who were actually die hard fans through the crappy years, it's the new fans that piss me off cause they only came to the team recently and have no appreciation for how quickly fortunes can change in the CFL. 

Arenas and stadiums are now full of this type of fan imo, more interested in the "game experience" socializing and what they sell in the concessions than the actual game itself.  I believe you referred to them in an earlier post as ***** baggers.  I prefer the more traditional **** heads.  Worst possible combination is **** heads and skanks.

I know a handful of true Riders fans who had seasons tix during the Al Ford Years, and know a TON about the team and the game in general. Love those guys. But I know WAY more Rider "fans" who don't have a clue about the team, the league, or even the game. The worst kind of bandwagonners who came on board in 07 because things started looking rosey again. I don't use the word "hate" very often, but I hate those people with every fibre of my being, after having lived through a lot of **** as a Bombers fan...

Cue the hysteria in the Rider Nation. Facebook and Twitter exploded even further, with many writing the season off and some season ticket holders offering up their seats for the rest of the season. Even in the "Austin" parking lot as I was walking out, one inebriated fan in a DURANT jersey kicked a Pilsner can and screamed, "F*&K!" as he looked up at the sunset.

Maybe he finds it an obnoxious, and subjective.

As well, like most non Rider fans, gets sick of them endlessly telling anyone who will listen?