Darian Durant Torn Achilles

Geebrr

So, someone who cheers loudly and proudly for their home team is....

And your statement "I know what kind of fan I am....

I have a low tolerance for arrogance combined with ignorance.....

Bu that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :)

Are you one of the Righteous Brothers?

Would have to be the other Righteous Brother.

OK, so maybe I was thinking of the Self-Righteous Brothers.

I post on sites such as this one to talk about the Bombers and football with other fans of the team and sport. There's not trying to prove anything, just people with a similar interest to talk about said interest with. I don't make the comment about not needing to throw my fandom in anyones faces to prove I'm a better kind of fan, I do it to prove I'm a better kind of person. Huge difference. 

They can wear their jersies, hats, t-shirts whatever that's fine, but the constant trash talk like the Riders are gods gift to football, it's too much. 

I would think the better person wouldn't need to make any statement at all in an effort to prove that they are a better person,but whatever.

But again, back to my original question in this segue: why does the trash talk get to people? It's only annoying if you let it be annoying, otherwise it's just empty noise. And all fan bases have segments who do it, so what makes the 'Rider priders intolerable where other fan bases are not. I don't need a recap of their behaviour, just trying to piece together why it seems so effective in pushing emotional buttons here.

Why does the fact that rider fans bother, pretty well every other cfl fan, bother YOU so much. You keep saying to brush it off and let it be etc etc..but you're the one who keeps bringing it up.

Listen, people don't like them. You don't need to understand why. Let it go man.

Some people just feel the need to try and prove their moral superiority like this. 

*taps nose*

I post on sites such as this one to talk about the Bombers and football with other fans of the team and sport. There's not trying to prove anything, just people with a similar interest to talk about said interest with. I don't make the comment about not needing to throw my fandom in anyones faces to prove I'm a better kind of fan, I do it to prove I'm a better kind of person. Huge difference. 

They can wear their jersies, hats, t-shirts whatever that's fine, but the constant trash talk like the Riders are gods gift to football, it's too much.

I would think the better person wouldn't need to make any statement at all in an effort to prove that they are a better person,but whatever.

But again, back to my original question in this segue: why does the trash talk get to people? It's only annoying if you let it be annoying, otherwise it's just empty noise. And all fan bases have segments who do it, so what makes the 'Rider priders intolerable where other fan bases are not. I don't need a recap of their behaviour, just trying to piece together why it seems so effective in pushing emotional buttons here.

Why does the fact that rider fans bother, pretty well every other cfl fan, bother YOU so much. You keep saying to brush it off and let it be etc etc..but you're the one who keeps bringing it up.

Listen, people don't like them. You don't need to understand why. Let it go man.

OK.

Just curious - do you feel personally threatened by the level of fandom in Saskatachewan? Why does it bother you so much that they have the "best fans" label?

Because it's annoying as all hell. There are a ton of gappers living in Calgary and Alberta in general so you run into a ton of them and they are just obnoxious about their fandom, even if they are the people who jumped on the bandwagon. I have nothing but respect for the Rider fans who were actually die hard fans through the crappy years, it's the new fans that piss me off cause they only came to the team recently and have no appreciation for how quickly fortunes can change in the CFL. 

As a long time fan myself I don't appreciate the idiots either. I remember the 70's and mostly early 80's, getting hammered 50-0 by the esks, as a kid just hoping we could get a td so I could cheer for one of my hero's. Those were dark days for my Riders.  I'm enjoying that we are better now. I don't laugh and make fun of the struggles the Bombers have suffered. To the serious fan that hurts bad and sucks. Its painful and disheartening to watch ones team struggle with no apparent end in sight. I'm happy to see the Bombers turning it around and would love to see u guys in the cup this year at home. Obviously I hope its not at our expense however. But there are some young fans in Manitoba who weren't around to see how good the Bombers have been in the past. I think you guys have suffered enough and think the fog is lifting and there are brighter days ahead. I still hope we beat u every time we play you.

Just curious - do you feel personally threatened by the level of fandom in Saskatachewan? Why does it bother you so much that they have the "best fans" label?

Because it's annoying as all hell. There are a ton of gappers living in Calgary and Alberta in general so you run into a ton of them and they are just obnoxious about their fandom, even if they are the people who jumped on the bandwagon. I have nothing but respect for the Rider fans who were actually die hard fans through the crappy years, it's the new fans that piss me off cause they only came to the team recently and have no appreciation for how quickly fortunes can change in the CFL. 

As a long time fan myself I don't appreciate the idiots either. I remember the 70's and mostly early 80's, getting hammered 50-0 by the esks, as a kid just hoping we could get a td so I could cheer for one of my hero's. Those were dark days for my Riders.  I'm enjoying that we are better now. I don't laugh and make fun of the struggles the Bombers have suffered. To the serious fan that hurts bad and sucks. Its painful and disheartening to watch ones team struggle with no apparent end in sight. I'm happy to see the Bombers turning it around and would love to see u guys in the cup this year at home. Obviously I hope its not at our expense however. But there are some young fans in Manitoba who weren't around to see how good the Bombers have been in the past. I think you guys have suffered enough and think the fog is lifting and there are brighter days ahead. I still hope we beat u every time we play you.

My 1990 Grey Cup Champs T-shirt I still wear with pride is older than a lot of the posters here.

My 1990 Grey Cup Champs T-shirt I still wear with pride is older than a lot of the posters here.

I was living in Edm at the time. A bunch of us Rider fans nearly got the crap beaten out of us at a grey cup party. Apparently the Esks fans were a bit sour, LOL. I was so happy for Burgess, always felt his contibutions to our 89 season were overshadowed by Austin.