Darian Durant Torn Achilles

Geebrr

Also kept saying the 33000 in attendance when it was quite obvious there was lots of empty seats. Whole sections really.

It was 32 228.
How many seats does that stadium have then cuz there were huge empty sections. If it's 33000 then no way was the actual attendance close to it.

Also kept saying the 33000 in attendance when it was quite obvious there was lots of empty seats. Whole sections really.

It was 32 228.
How many seats does that stadium have then cuz there were huge empty sections. If it's 33000 then no way was the actual attendance close to it.

33 427. It looks more empty than it actually is. Most of the emptys were in the endzones.

I hate that Durant got hurt, especially when no one even touched him.  Bad for the Riders.  Bad for the league.  Bad for us folks who like to watch the best players even on other teams.

I'm kind of flabbergasted that so many top players (read mostly QBs) went down in week 1. I'm with you in that I want the best of the best on the field to give our game the chance to entertain us to the fullest degree. And these aren't piddling injuries. Don't know yet about Reilly, but I'm afraid Durant may be done.

Bear no ill will towards Durant in particular but when jagoff Priders started to claim he was better than Lancaster I started to get a little chuffed.

And now they've set themselves up for a good ol Kevin Glenn heartbreak down the road.

Collaros, Mitchell, Willy, Reily, Harris, lots of young exciting QBs. Glad we have one and that he's locked up.

And that's the thing there... that's 5 teams who have young qb's, 5 of 9... the ones who don't well, who's fault is that really? Montreal could have had a guy but... they never developed anyone under Calvillo, it was Calvillo or bust for them, It sucks for sure that some guys are injured but considering i'm a bomber fan and i've seen many qb's come and go over the last several years, i ain't crying no tears for anybody that's for sure.

Honestly in my opinion, with ray being injured.. the argument could be made that the best qb depth in the league belongs to Calgary and Winnipeg. 

It's shocking to say that even considering where we were qb wise 2 years ago.

I definitely agree that with so many injuries to star QBs the level of play and overall game takes a big hit. Definitely want to see the QBs well protected. 

That said, I think the TSN panel and media is dramatizing this as some sort of QB crisis. Injuries happen and this is (sometimes) part of the process that gives new QBs playing time. 

Collaros, Mitchell, Willy, Reily, Harris, lots of young exciting QBs. Glad we have one and that he's locked up.

And that's the thing there... that's 5 teams who have young qb's, 5 of 9... the ones who don't well, who's fault is that really? Montreal could have had a guy but... they never developed anyone under Calvillo, it was Calvillo or bust for them, It sucks for sure that some guys are injured but considering i'm a bomber fan and i've seen many qb's come and go over the last several years, i ain't crying no tears for anybody that's for sure.

Honestly in my opinion, with ray being injured.. the argument could be made that the best qb depth in the league belongs to Calgary and Winnipeg. 

It's shocking to say that even considering where we were qb wise 2 years ago.

You might want to include Toronto 

Eskimos and Riders - talk about two teams that have gone from potentially big years to giant question marks in one week.  I usually pity any team that has to rely on Kevin Glenn as their QB, but not in this case.  The Riders and Taman deserve Glenn.  They just need Kit Cartwright now and they will be the 2008 Bombers all over again.

Eskimos and Riders - talk about two teams that have gone from potentially big years to giant question marks in one week.  I usually pity any team that has to rely on Kevin Glenn as their QB, but not in this case.  The Riders and Taman deserve Glenn.  They just need Kit Cartwright now and they will be the 2008 Bombers all over again.

Never hire an OC who sounds like he should be a character on 'Dallas'

Big challenge for sure but I think a team with a strong running game could plan around Glenn's deficiencies and still make the playoffs.  The 30 yard endzone pass is a real weak point of Glenn's game but he seems to move the ball effectively between the 30's.

I don't think so, i think the riders are in big big trouble.. it's not about losing durant, it's about the depth they have behind their canadian starters. It doesn't exist. That's why they are in for a long year, Glenn is ok, he will be fine but... if they have any more injuries to their canadian starters (2 of them got hurt last night and so did a depth player in demski) how do you say this, they are up shits creek without a paddle really.

I guess Durant has horrible luck against the bombers.

Call me crazy buy I'm honored that he goes down against us.

Good on you, being proud of someone else's pain.

As much as you guys hate many Rider fans, just know that we don't wish injury on your players (and if any do, they get criticized for it). It's not a classy thing to do, and no matter who the player plays for, I don't hope for injuries to happen.