First Cut Down Day - list of players released

Jacquie

Announced so far:

Calgary Stampeders:

Released: WR Jabari Arthur, OL Rico Forbes, DL Adrian Hamilton, LB Brandon Harper, OL Christian Johnson, LS Kyle Tyo, DB Jeremy Williams

Hamilton Ticats:

Released: WR Dean Anthony, OL Kevin Henry, LB Chris Johnson, LB Larry King, OL Stephane Milhim, DB Cleshawn Page
Suspended: RB CJ Gable, DE Antonio Coleman, DB Rico Murray
6-Game Injured List: Brian Bulcke

Toronto Argonauts:

Released: OL Joe Circelli, WR Ronald Johnson, RB Lyle McCombs, K/P Andrew Muzljakovich, OL Austin Roy, DB Alex Suber, WR Brandon Terry, DB Donald Washington

At CFL.ca it says:

The team added CJ Gable, Rico Murray and Antonio Coleman to the suspended list but likely nothing to look into and more an adjustment needed to free up room on the roster; especially since they likely won't be seeing action this week due to injury.

I thought a player could only be added to the suspended list if they were in breach of contact. Anyone know the rules on this?

The BC Lions have annouced the folliwng transactions:

Released from roster: QB Travis Partridge (I),DB Torri Williams (I), DB Derrick Morgan (I), RB Brendan Bigelow (I), OL John Estes (I), OL Kaycee Ike (I), DL Alex King (I), Rec Reggie Jordan (I).

Add to roster: DB Jordan Rwiyamilira

Released from roster: QB Travis Partridge (I),DB Torri Williams (I), DB Derrick Morgan (I), RB Brendan Bigelow (I), OL John Estes (I), OL Kaycee Ike (I), DL Alex King (I), Rec Reggie Jordan (I).

The QB Travis can always go back to his family.

The QB Travis can always go back to his family.

I wondered what Larry King was doing after his retirement from CNN ... pretty good that he lasted so long at Ticat camp ;)

And with BC releasing Derrick Morgan, it looks like he will be heading back to the FBI's BAU now.

Mind you, that would be Criminal.

5 teams haven't made their cuts yet.  The 4 that played last night and the Bombers who played on Tuesday.  Now we are hearing that the cuts will be made tonight but not announced until tomorrow.  There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet.  There's no need for the players to wait another day to find out if they've been cut or not.  There's no advantage to be gained by waiting until tomorrow to announce the cuts.  

Just make the decisions, cut the players, let them know and make the announcements already.

5 teams haven't made their cuts yet. The 4 that played last night and the Bombers who played on Tuesday. Now we are hearing that the cuts will be made tonight but not announced until tomorrow. There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet. There's no need for the players to wait another day to find out if they've been cut or not. There's no advantage to be gained by waiting until tomorrow to announce the cuts.

Just make the decisions, cut the players, let them know and make the announcements already.

Decisions likely made, players maybe told, announcement not necessary......

5 teams haven't made their cuts yet.  The 4 that played last night and the Bombers who played on Tuesday.  Now we are hearing that the cuts will be made tonight but not announced until tomorrow.  There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet.  There's no need for the players to wait another day to find out if they've been cut or not.  There's no advantage to be gained by waiting until tomorrow to announce the cuts.  

They did the same thing last year.

They've had 5 days to make their decisions.  Other teams will do it in 24 hours or so.  This is the first cutdown date, not the final one so the decisions aren't as tough this time around.  I'd prefer we get rid of the dead weight as quickly as possible to give the guys who will play together this year and those on the bubble more reps.  End of the world stuff?  Nope.  I just prefer my management team to be effective and decisive.

They've had 5 days to make their decisions. Other teams will do it in 24 hours or so. This is the first cutdown date, not the final one so the decisions aren't as tough this time around. I'd prefer we get rid of the dead weight as quickly as possible to give the guys who will play together this year and those on the bubble more reps. End of the world stuff? Nope. I just prefer my management team to be effective and decisive.

I prefer mine to take as long as they need to get it right.

You know there is a difference between cutting players lettin them know and announcing it public. They might have even cut those guys now. Might also be looking over the guys cut by other teams and might be making additional moves which would change the numbers being released. I am pretty they know what they are doing.

They've had 5 days to make their decisions. Other teams will do it in 24 hours or so. This is the first cutdown date, not the final one so the decisions aren't as tough this time around. I'd prefer we get rid of the dead weight as quickly as possible to give the guys who will play together this year and those on the bubble more reps. End of the world stuff? Nope. I just prefer my management team to be effective and decisive.

You just prefer to whine. Pick your battles man, who the **** cares when we announce our cuts?

I prefer mine to take as long as they need to get it right.

It shouldn't take 5 days to make the right choices.  If it does... we've got a serious problem.

You know there is a difference between cutting players lettin them know and announcing it public. They might have even cut those guys now. Might also be looking over the guys cut by other teams and might be making additional moves which would change the numbers being released. I am pretty they know what they are doing.

Great argument.  They might have done X or the might not have.  I don't think we are still at the point in our teams development that we need to look over other teams 1st cutdown players to make our team better.

You just prefer to whine. Pick your battles man, who the **** cares when we announce our cuts?

Et tu Mike?  Whining?  Hardly.  Yup... I care if the management is decisive or not and we're not.