Training Camp Info

Jpan85

Maybe not a typo but a mistake, quite simply put the twitter person might have made a simple mistake. Maybe the twitter person has no idea what they are talking about even, i mean really. It's not uncommon i don't think for Twitter people to speak out of line, didn't somebody from a NBA team get fired because they posted something they shouldn't have? This isn't a fire worthy offense here tho, it's just a mistake it seems.

As for fan experience at training camp, not sure what people expect to be honest. It's training camp, i mean, let's be real here, they have held it at rods field before, airplanes flying over head, not much for seating, they have held parts of TC or rookie camp in Brandon, not much fan seating there, you have people suggesting they hold it at st johns ravenscourt field, or heck ill suggest Kildonan East Collegiate, they got a nice field and a few bleachers. What do you expect? For them to stop practice and come over and shake hands of the 50 to 100 fans and media in attendance? It won't happen and it never will. This isn't about the fans even, it's about evaluating players, peoples jobs are on the line here. Like i've said, i appreciate those who go and that but really, you are there to watch guys try to compete for jobs, it's their asses on the line, not ours. 

You want to go and watch? I'm sure you will be able too, if if you expect to be treated like your some kind of king or queen because you are going to watch training camp, man, c'mon.  

I believe a couple weeks back the bombers held their annual fan experience day at IGF... what more do you want really... get to meet the players and coaches and all that stuff, it must have been recent cuz i remember seeing all the pics on twitter.

People need to remember that TC and this stuff, peoples jobs are on the line, is it cool for fans to come watch? for sure but if you expect them to roll out the red carpet for you to come watch, it won't happen and never will. 

TL; DR version - The Bombers have their reasons, they have done nothing wrong, now shut up and wait until the Bombers say it's okay to cheer.

Just for the record, i'm not defending the bombers at all, I'm just saying it seems likely that the person running the twitter effed up and someone in the organization noticed it and told them to delete it immediately. It seems way more likely than TC being closed to the public. 

Maybe not a typo but a mistake, quite simply put the twitter person might have made a simple mistake. Maybe the twitter person has no idea what they are talking about even, i mean really. It's not uncommon i don't think for Twitter people to speak out of line, didn't somebody from a NBA team get fired because they posted something they shouldn't have? This isn't a fire worthy offense here tho, it's just a mistake it seems.

As for fan experience at training camp, not sure what people expect to be honest. It's training camp, i mean, let's be real here, they have held it at rods field before, airplanes flying over head, not much for seating, they have held parts of TC or rookie camp in Brandon, not much fan seating there, you have people suggesting they hold it at st johns ravenscourt field, or heck ill suggest Kildonan East Collegiate, they got a nice field and a few bleachers. What do you expect? For them to stop practice and come over and shake hands of the 50 to 100 fans and media in attendance? It won't happen and it never will. This isn't about the fans even, it's about evaluating players, peoples jobs are on the line here. Like i've said, i appreciate those who go and that but really, you are there to watch guys try to compete for jobs, it's their asses on the line, not ours. 

You want to go and watch? I'm sure you will be able too, if if you expect to be treated like your some kind of king or queen because you are going to watch training camp, man, c'mon.  

I believe a couple weeks back the bombers held their annual fan experience day at IGF... what more do you want really... get to meet the players and coaches and all that stuff, it must have been recent cuz i remember seeing all the pics on twitter.

People need to remember that TC and this stuff, peoples jobs are on the line, is it cool for fans to come watch? for sure but if you expect them to roll out the red carpet for you to come watch, it won't happen and never will. 

TL; DR version - The Bombers have their reasons, they have done nothing wrong, now shut up and wait until the Bombers say it's okay to cheer.

Not at all actually, just explaining what seems to be a pretty simple reason for a tweet and then a deleted tweet. someone effed up, who knows who it was, the fact that it was deleted so quickly suggests that the person running the twitter effed up. 

more likely scenario, they were planning on closing training camp but when the fan anger rose they did damage control. 

Fan anger? from who? 20 people on a message board? i mean, i like this place, it's cool but if you think they are doing damage control cuz 20 people on a fan forum are complaining, c'mon man.  It was on twitter for like a minute or so, i doubt hundreds of people called in and told them to shove it in a minute. 

Ehhhhhh...there's not even that much outrage. Just disappointment 'cause I was really looking forward to coming home for the weekend. Here's hoping we're still allowed to bring our lawn chairs and come camp out for a few days...

more likely scenario, they were planning on closing training camp but when the fan anger rose they did damage control. 

Fan anger? from who? 20 people on a message board? i mean, i like this place, it's cool but if you think they are doing damage control cuz 20 people on a fan forum are complaining, c'mon man. 

Actually it's the Twitters that got a little irate...

Fan anger? from who? 20 people on a message board? i mean, i like this place, it's cool but if you think they are doing damage control cuz 20 people on a fan forum are complaining, c'mon man.  It was on twitter for like a minute or so, i doubt hundreds of people called in and told them to shove it in a minute. 

20 fans online showing displeasure translates into many more in the real world. They jumped on the damage control quickly before the vultures in the media really got hold of it. 

My final word on this will be that I had personal reasons for really wanting to do this (that I'm not going to bore anyone with).  So yes, I am more than a little disappointed.  Having said that, the only other frustration I have is with those who will quickly rise to the defense of an organization and try to defend things that are clearly, just dumb.  It's ok to say that the Bomber front office screwed up.

But my point is, still, that it is not necessarily the Bombers who should be defended here, it is the situation as it stands. There is no proof, other than an idle tweet, that got people started here. And we all know how reliable tweets are.

People getting excited over an error.

In any event, the tweet wasn't correct, the event is going ahead, and the angst-and the subsequent furor, that resulted from same, were for nothing.

And the fact that I would lay in front of Jennifer Lopez to defend my Bombers, has nothing to do with it.

My final word on this will be that I had personal reasons for really wanting to do this (that I'm not going to bore anyone with).  So yes, I am more than a little disappointed.  Having said that, the only other frustration I have is with those who will quickly rise to the defense of an organization and try to defend things that are clearly, just dumb.  It's ok to say that the Bomber front office screwed up.

But my point is, still, that it is not necessarily the Bombers who should be defended here, it is the situation as it stands. There is no proof, other than an idle tweet, that got people started here. And we all know how reliable tweets are.

People getting excited over an error.

In any event, the tweet wasn't correct, the event is going ahead, and the angst-and the subsequent furor, that resulted from same, were for nothing.

And the fact that I would lay Jennifer Lopez to defend my Bombers, has nothing to do with it.

Fixed that for you. More realistic now.

As someone who works in social media, and watches closely what other organizations do, it's entirely likely that the person in charge of the Twitter account just screwed up.

The idea that "only a few people" have access is a little misguided, as often social media duties are pawned off to interns and low-level employees. I know several people who, as interns, have had control over the Winnipeg Jets Twitter account.

While it would be bad for them to screw up like this, it's absolutely the most likely scenario -- either they heard something unofficial and tweeted it as official, or just made an assumption that was incorrect -- especially with the quickness the tweet was deleted.

Was at the Bombers office yesterday to pick up ST's.......asked several people a series of questions about camp access and facilities.   Nobody knew nothing.   Was informed that a e-mail would be sent out to Bomber fans.....to "clarify" the situation.  

So the club either has a plan, they have simply not articulated yet......or are currently scrambling to put together a plan....

Negatron or Fanboy?   Decisions, decisions......

Are the Bombers making $$$ from the Women's World Cup games being played at IGF?

Of course they will. Just like they make money from concerts.

When it comes to FIFA, you can never be too sure that they would find a way to keep all the revenue for themselves and leave the Bombers with the concession money only.  Hopefully it's as you say.

Are the Bombers making $$$ from the Women's World Cup games being played at IGF?

When it comes to FIFA, you can never be too sure that they would find a way to keep all the revenue for themselves and leave the Bombers with the concession money only. Hopefully it's as you say.

According to reports when there was a soccer friendly here a couple years ago the Bombers made money. I can't see this being different. Even with just concessions it should be a good haul for the Bombers.

When it comes to FIFA, you can never be too sure that they would find a way to keep all the revenue for themselves and leave the Bombers with the concession money only. Hopefully it's as you say.

According to reports when there was a soccer friendly here a couple years ago the Bombers made money. I can't see this being different. Even with just concessions it should be a good haul for the Bombers.

Well there's one thing I know, if I'm forced to go watch women's soccer, or any soccer, I'd be hitting the concession stands pretty hard.

Training Camp Information

WINNIPEG, MB., May 25, 2015 –The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will open Rookie Camp this Wednesday, May 27th, with full training camp opening on Sunday, May 31st. As always, fans are welcome and encouraged to watch the open practices.

This year, because Investors Group Field is being used to host FIFA World Women’s Soccer in June, all Blue Bombers training camp practice sessions will be held on the EAST field beside the Winnipeg Indoor Soccer Complex, just off Chancellor Matheson Road.

Fans can enter via the southwest entrance, which will be clearly marked.

Fans will be able to watch practice from the southeast side of the field. As space is extremely limited and there are no bleachers at this location, fans who wish to sit are encouraged to bring their own lawn chair.

Due to FIFA, there will be no parking available in the Bomber Store lot at Investors Group Field. Metered parking is available in the Soccer Complex parking lots.