Training Camp Info

Jpan85

Also people seriously saying that the FIFA WOMEN'S WORLD CUP be held at the Soccer Complex?

You might not be a fan but don't be so closed minded..

Absolutely right.

This is a huge snag for Winnipeg' sports community due to its popularity, and it will make great use of this facility.

Win-win for Winnipeg.

This event should be applauded by the city...even though it does displace our favorite team.

**** soccer....even before this all went down...

You may not like the sport but it is still very popular AND our canadian women's team is unreal. If this world class event pushes our bombers out of the stadium for a week, oh well. It's not like this isn't the biggest soccer event in the world or anything..

You may not like the sport but it is still very popular AND our canadian women's team is unreal. If this world class event pushes our bombers out of the stadium for a week, oh well. It's not like this isn't the biggest soccer event in the world or anything..

At least now we have a reason for why we didn't win the 2015 Grey Cup...women's soccer.  Our new enemy.

tumblr_lmw0rzvF0O1qh59n0o1_500.png

and womens soccer of all things. 

it really is sickening...

I decide if these posts are sarcastic or just sad. Maybe a bit of both..

Well, for the first time, I was planning on making a trip to Winnipeg specifically to attend a day or two of TC.  sigh...  well, I guess I saved a bit of money.

I'm temporarily holding out hope that my trip can be saved if they come up with some sort of answer to the seating problem, but I'm not particularly excited at this point. Was REALLY looking forward to chilling in the sunshine at IGF for a weekend...

Well, for the first time, I was planning on making a trip to Winnipeg specifically to attend a day or two of TC.  sigh...  well, I guess I saved a bit of money.

I'm temporarily holding out hope that my trip can be saved if they come up with some sort of answer to the seating problem, but I'm not particularly excited at this point. Was REALLY looking forward to chilling in the sunshine at IGF for a weekend...

Me too.  Part of the attraction was the ability to sit in the stands at IGF and drink it all in.  But if the plan is "bring your own chair" and park beside a pasture, no thanks.  

I really feel bad for the players though, for a lot of the US based ones, I'm thinking that the last time they would have had practice conditions like this would have been high school, maybe.

But anyway let's hear it for women's soccer...

jamesvan.gif

50 to 100 people max will check out bombers training camp. Maybe a bigger crowd on day 1 but generally maybe there are 50 people there not including day 1. Most are media. Fact is the soccer out draws a bomber training camp.

50 to 100 people max will check out bombers training camp. Maybe a bigger crowd on day 1 but generally maybe there are 50 people there not including day 1. Most are media. Fact is the soccer out draws a bomber training camp.

"Maybe a bigger crowd on day 1"

There were thousands on day 1 last year. I think that deserves a bit more credit than a "maybe"

"Maybe a bigger crowd on day 1.". Lol yeah just a bit. I've been there on day 1 with well over 3000 people in the stands.

I don't claim to actually know the answer to this question but how expensive could it really be to put up temporary bleachers to seat a couple hundred people for training camp? If you need to recoup the money, set up a hot dog cart.

It's tradition that we get to observe training camp and it's going to really bum me out if we have to rely on the media for our TC report fix, because the content quite frankly is nowhere near as good as what we get from the fan community.

There is plenty of room at that field for a couple of hundred fans.  It's been used for high school games, and was the host site for the Red River Cup (u-16) tournament a couple of years ago.  They brought in a mobile trailer that converted into some bleachers.  It's an artificial turf field, and it a very good surface (so not a "pasture").   For the hardcore fan, it's not a bad venue.

It's tradition that we get to observe training camp and it's going to really bum me out if we have to rely on the media for our TC report fix, because the content quite frankly is nowhere near as good as what we get from the fan community.

and this year I was even going to be thankful and tell the fans reporting from TC how important their reports were. Darn it all.