CFL Draft needs

Childress

1. If #bombers draft Demski, groom him for shot at #nfl, he would show his gratitude on the field. Draft O-lineman and lose their youngsters. 31m

2. The #bombers should draft Demski 1st, then get an O-lineman with 2nd pick. Seems like most of O-linemen are going to test #nfl waters 1st. 33m

3. Actually, #bombers biggest concern right now should be at LB, but there are no Muamba's in the draft #bringhimback 34m

4. The #bombers should actually draft Demski, who would become their answer to Cornish or Poplawski. Returns kicks well, too #nobrainer 36m

5. If #bombers draft an O-lineman 1st, it means they have no faith in Goossen, whom they drafted 1st last year or Neufeld, acquired in trade.

Jim Bender with officially the worst analysis I have ever seen. 

The last one makes me laugh. No faith in Goossen? Bender realizes there are 5 guys on the oline right and a couple different positions. Someone should tweet him that the oline consists of 2 tackles 2 guards and a center

And that building depth along the line is not a bad thing .. having multiple Canadians who can step in and play quality downs doesn't demonstrate a "lack of faith" .. 

I don't agree with Bender, but I do strongly feel that the Bombers should draft Demski at 2, and a lineman at 11.

Demski would be a Day 1 starter, whereas a lineman, even at #2 would be a project player (see Goossen).

I don't agree with Bender, but I do strongly feel that the Bombers should draft Demski at 2, and a lineman at 11.

Demski would be a Day 1 starter, whereas a lineman, even at #2 would be a project player (see Goossen).

It's always best to plan for all CIS draft picks to spend time on the bench.  It's a rare exception that can start right off the bat - even Muamba didn't get the starter job until he'd been a role player for about 24 games.  If we're pleasantly surprised, so be it, but I doubt the transition from CIS to pro is so simple that Demski or anyone else can be counted on to do it.

It's always best to plan for all CIS draft picks to spend time on the bench.  It's a rare exception that can start right off the bat - even Muamba didn't get the starter job until he'd been a role player for about 24 games.  If we're pleasantly surprised, so be it, but I doubt the transition from CIS to pro is so simple that Demski or anyone else can be counted on to do it.

That's a good point. Kind of reminds me of that receiver that went to Calgary a few years back, can't even remember his name now. Robertson or something?

He's ready to be a CFL contributor now but I don't see him as a day 1 starter at all. We don't need him to be. I see him being very much like Coombs - he'd get into certain sets just to get his feet wet.

That being said, the OL we would select at number 2 would not be anywhere close to the project Goossen is. Worth pointing out - any of the three targets (Chungh, Mateas or Groulx) are ALL older than Goossen.

No matter who is chosen when, one thing I expect is the TSN broadcast (and streaming although I can't watch that) will be much better this year.

Lalji and Forde are joined on the panel by CFL ON TSN analyst Paul LaPolice, former BC Lions head coach Mike Benevides, and Lee Barette, founder of the pre-eminent website on football prospects in Canada, CanadaFootballChat.com.

Lalji hosts as Forde, LaPolice, Benevides, and Barette provide scouting reports and assess the picks throughout the remaining rounds of the 2015 CFL DRAFT.

There's nothing wrong with depth. I don't understand this idea of "if we bring a guy in, it means we have to get rid of this guy..." I know it's been awhile, but I have it on good authority that we're allowed to keep multiple talented players on the roster...

I think Demski is worthy of going in the ten spot but if Ottawa keeps that selection, I see no sense in them using it on him. IMO, they'd be much better served using it on Shaq Lawrence or depth for behind Pruneau. It's questionable that they're even going to start ONE Canadian receiver (they could go 4 OL, Pruneau, Capiciotti and Shologan) and they already have Sinopoli, Carter and MacDonell.

There's nothing wrong with depth. I don't understand this idea of "if we bring a guy in, it means we have to get rid of this guy..." I know it's been awhile, but I have it on good authority that we're allowed to keep multiple talented players on the roster...

It is how you build a strong contending team.  Competition is a good thing and forces all your players (incumbents and rookies) to only get better.

And if a younger guy shows that he is ready to take a veteran's spot, that is a good thing.

Look at the Calgary model.  they were able to get the 1st overall pick in last years draft because they were able to trade Jon Gott to Ottawa.   You can only do things like that when you have depth and competition.

It also means you don't have to force a player into playing until they are ready.  Let them learn and prove themselves before stepping in to be a full time starter.