CFL Draft needs

Childress

CFL teams are built from lines out.. Especially for continuality and sustainability., this is why Walters will draft a lineman.. D or O but probably Oline..

Compare building a football team to building a car. The OL is the engine. Receivers are the spoiler.

If your spoiler falls off, your car does not go hurtling into the ditch.

That's my point. OL is much more important than WR.

You're missing HIS point....receivers are way more important than a spoiler on a car. They're more like the tires...

CFL teams are built from lines out.. Especially for continuality and sustainability., this is why Walters will draft a lineman.. D or O but probably Oline..

Compare building a football team to building a car. The OL is the engine. Receivers are the spoiler.

This is the worst analogy in the history of the internet

Compare building a football team to building a car.  The OL is the engine.  Receivers are the spoiler.

So having big receivers make you look like a ******?

You're missing HIS point....receivers are way more important than a spoiler on a car. They're more like the tires...

Brock Ralph was the seat belt.

So having big receivers make you look like a ******?

and more horse power!

Brock Ralph was the seat belt.

pretty sure he was more like the spin nut that holds down your spare tire.. never notice it but when ya do it annoys the Hell outta you... and if you lose it, you don't really lose much if any functionality..

Compare building a football team to building a car.  The OL is the engine.  Receivers are the spoiler. 

But it tells you what is going to happen next and ruins the suspense.

Walters also said that a few guys have just recently gained eligibility for the draft and that has caused them to re-think their draft rankings.

Durant could be one that meets that criteria.
Doubt it. When asked the question he mentioned Covington. Durant has been eligible for a while now.

Walters also said that a few guys have just recently gained eligibility for the draft and that has caused them to re-think their draft rankings.

Doubt it. When asked the question he mentioned Covington. Durant has been eligible for a while now.

Covington is newly eligible but he hardly should be altering the top of draft boards.

Could even be Wagonner, a stab at him in the supplemental makes a guy like Shortill or even Ackie less important with one of those second rounders.

Covington? Meh. Not buying that he makes many rearrange their top rankings.

Covington is newly eligible but he hardly should be altering the top of draft boards.

Could even be Wagonner, a stab at him in the supplemental makes a guy like Shortill or even Ackie less important with one of those second rounders.

Covington? Meh. Not buying that he makes many rearrange their top rankings.

Listen to the interview on CJOB. Walters didn't really say what Atomic suggested he said. Walters did not say he's rearranged his draft board based on some recent guys becoming eligible.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with Atomic, but that's not what Walters said. But listen to the interview for yourself.

I find it weird that there's any muddy water in the Christian Covington draft status. 

Under the old rules he'd be in this year's draft because it's his fourth year since entering a four year institution. 

Under the new rules he'd be in this year's draft because declaring for the NFL draft ends your NCAA eligibility and therefore finishing his NCAA eligibility puts him into the CFL draft pool. He made his intentions known back on January 5th and signed the paperwork on January 9th. 

He went to high school in Vancouver so it's not like he's one of these players that they've lost track of over the years like an Orlando Franklin. 

I find it weird that there's any muddy water in the Christian Covington draft status.

Under the old rules he'd be in this year's draft because it's his fourth year since entering a four year institution.

Under the new rules he'd be in this year's draft because declaring for the NFL draft ends your NCAA eligibility and therefore finishing his NCAA eligibility puts him into the CFL draft pool. He made his intentions known back on January 5th and signed the paperwork on January 9th.

He went to high school in Vancouver so it's not like he's one of these players that they've lost track of over the years like an Orlando Franklin.

Walters mentioned Covington's name in the context that, ya he just became eligible but it didn't make a difference in his draft board because he fully expects Covington to get drafted by the NFL.

I was paraphrasing, I didn't have the exact quote.  Not my intention to obscure what Walters said so I will listen again to clear it up.  

Take what you will from the actual quote:

Walters:  It seems like there's two or three guys, over the past couple weeks, that have gained their National status and they've been thrown into the draft as well, which means you have to double back and do your work.  It's exciting in the sense that there's new guys in here, but it's frustrating to have gone through the process and now you've done your rankings and a new name pops up on the board and you have to essentially start all over, and see where that guy fits into the system so I think we're gonna be busy right up until we call a name on the 12th.

Alex Matteas is currently in Winnipeg and is working out for the Bombers tomorrow. Karl Lavoie will be working out for the Bombers in a week.

If Ottawa goes for Durant or Boyko, Mateas would be huge.

Lavoie kind of reminds me of Brendan Dunn... pass.

Alex Matteas is currently in Winnipeg and is working out for the Bombers tomorrow. Karl Lavoie will be working out for the Bombers in a week.

Mateas had better be huge before we draft him.

Mateas had better be huge before we draft him.