Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

Well to get experience you will have had to previously demonstrated both talent and the ability to win. Sort of goes hand in hand with experience.

So then I really can't figure out how Glenn has lasted this long. Other than people thinking that Kevin Glenn 2015 is still KG 2007, which he isn't.

Well to get experience you will have had to previously demonstrated both talent and the ability to win. Sort of goes hand in hand with experience.

So then I really can't figure out how Glenn has lasted this long. Other than people thinking that Kevin Glenn 2015 is still KG 2007, which he isn't.

Or, crazy thought here, you're selling Glenn short because of a personal bias against the player

Or, crazy thought here, you're selling Glenn short because of a personal bias against the player

He's done. It's been years since he's been really effective. No issue with him as a person, but he needs to retire before he becomes the next Joseph.

Or, crazy thought here, you're giving Glenn far too much credit because of personal bias for the player.

By this same token then, Brock Ralph is a CFL MOP save for my personal bias against him.

Or, another crazy thought here, some of us realize that Glenn just isn't all that good anymore.  By way of example,  BC is a team that will be needing someone to back up Lulay.  They went out and got Glenn just for that purpose, saw what he was capable of, and cut him, even though they are really no better off, backup wise, than they were one year ago.  What then does that tell you?  Tells me that people, a whole lot more knowledgeable than you or I, recognized that he's past his best before date and they'd rather find someone else, even if that someone has a whole lot less experience.  But ya, it's clearly because of personal bias  :rolleyes:

What are people's opinions of Drew Tate? Would fans want Brian Brohm over Drew Tate if he was available? 

Would have considered him last year when we didn't have a clear cut starter.  Would have to think hard about it this year.  Seen too much of the injured QB with Pierce in the last few years.

Of course everything depends on price and salary.   I wouldn't trade for him from Calgary.  If he was a FA, for the right price, he would be an interesting backup with experience to Willy.

What are people's opinions of Drew Tate? Would fans want Brian Brohm over Drew Tate if he was available? 

Tate is a hot-head, but for the same price, I'd probably prefer Tate. 

I think a change in scenery may help Tate. I'd definitely take him.

Of the 2 Drews I might take a healthy Tate over Willy.

Or, crazy thought here, you're giving Glenn far too much credit because of personal bias for the player.

By this same token then, Brock Ralph is a CFL MOP save for my personal bias against him.

no kidding you know what you get with KG, .500 in the regular season and choking in the playoffs. Everyone likes to talk about how he broke his arm against TO, but he barely beat Marcus Brady the week before. He had one good half of a season in 2007 then he he went way downhill when everyone figured out his quick release. I nominate throwing a late pick in the 4th quarter that kills any chance of winning a game forever be known as "Kevin Glenning it"

Tate over Brohm every single day of the week.  Tate's a better QB and has way more experience.   I really don't understand what folks see in Brohm.  He's literally played one good half in his entire CFL career.  

he is average at best and this is the CFL. There is a drought at quality qbs

Absolutely he is average, but average to some people apparently means bad. You can do worse at backup than Kevin Glenn and the Bombers have done worse since basically Kevin Glenn was a backup here there first time, that's a decade. Hell they've done worse than Kevin Glenn as a starter for most of the last decade too. 

Absolutely he is average, but average to some people apparently means bad. You can do worse at backup than Kevin Glenn and the Bombers have done worse since basically Kevin Glenn was a backup here there first time, that's a decade. Hell they've done worse than Kevin Glenn as a starter for most of the last decade too. 

Yes, you can do a lot worse than Kevin Glenn, but you can also do better too.  Maybe the Bombers have decided that settling for mediocre and hoping for the best is one of the rasons we've been so bad for so long?  Is it possible that maybe they see a higher potential upside with the people we had here last year?

For a team that has sucked for years at qb we sure are picky. Like we've had nothing but superstars & all stars playing qb for us the last decade so I guess I get why we are what we are as a fanbase. We've been oh so spoiled with some of the dandies we've had. Justin Goltz, Ryan Dinwiddie, Michael Bishop, Joey Santos, Michael Bramlett, Stephan LeFors, Max Hall. Joey Elliott, Zac Champion, Bryan Randle, Alex Brink #wewantthebestandtheywon'tplayhere