Benevides turns down Riders and Bombers

Mr. Perfect

Going to be jobs available every off season. Might be a good thing to recharge the batteries with a sweet gig at TSN

To my understanding, he'll probably just stay at home this season. He's got some medical issues in the family if I remember correctly.

I don't see the difference of Benevides stepping out, or being in, in the first place, and having any bearing on Hall's decision to stay in or withdraw.  

If it was me, I'd secretly be relieved because a big hurdle has been removed. 

At the same time, it's not as if IHall should feel he was an afterthought, as he has been in the running since day one, and some figure, the leading contender.

All i am going to say is it's too bad that Regina is building a new stadium yet they don't have a childrens hospital. That is a sad state of things for sure. Seriously? That's pretty brutal. I read one of the reasons Bene didn't want to go to regina was due to the fact he has a special needs child and regina doesn't have a childrens hospital. If that truly is the case, Regina needs to get off their butts and build one. How don't you have a Childrens Hospital yet you are building a 200 plus million dollar stadium. 

All i am going to say is it's too bad that Regina is building a new stadium yet they don't have a childrens hospital. That is a sad state of things for sure. Seriously? That's pretty brutal. I read one of the reasons Bene didn't want to go to regina was due to the fact he has a special needs child and regina doesn't have a childrens hospital. If that truly is the case, Regina needs to get off their butts and build one. How don't you have a Childrens Hospital yet you are building a 200 plus million dollar stadium. 

Was that a reported story? if so, can you share the link? 

I can't find it but i did read it, i believe it was on twitter. Not sure exactly tho, wouldn't make that up tho that's for sure. Kind of shocked me when i read it, not Bene turning the job down but the shocking part and the part that stuck out to me was Regina doesn't have a Childrens Hospital. It might have been one of those speculation type of reports, but i guess the main thing i got out of it was it's crazy that Regina is building a stadium but doesn't have a Childrens Hospital.  

Regina is pretty small in size to have a Children's hospital. Children's Foundation of Saskatchewan is in process of getting funds together now as we are going to build one in Saskatoon. Does Ottawa have one? Does Hamilton?  My point is not every city in Canada is as big as Winnipeg and can afford one. I know a lot more about this than I wish that I did. I have a special needs child and at times services here are not always as available as I would like. We are a small province population wise. Is what it is.  The new stadium and this issue are so far apart from being connected, its a huge leap to try to connect them.  

This was posted at the other site by GCn15:

On TSN1040 this morning, Mike Beamish of the Vancouver Sun said that he spoke to Benny yesterday and that he had told the Riders over a week ago that he was waiting for a Winnipeg offer because of Regina's lack of a children's hospital for his special needs child. Benny was in consideration, though no official offer had been made by Winnipeg, until yesterday. As far as Benny knew no decision had been made between him and Hall at this time. He said that yesterday he just woke up and felt that staying in Vancouver was the right thing to do for his family. He then phoned the Bombers and withdrew his name for consideration as DC.

This was posted at the other site by GCn15:

On TSN1040 this morning, Mike Beamish of the Vancouver Sun said that he spoke to Benny yesterday and that he had told the Riders over a week ago that he was waiting for a Winnipeg offer because of Regina's lack of a children's hospital for his special needs child. Benny was in consideration, though no official offer had been made by Winnipeg, until yesterday. As far as Benny knew no decision had been made between him and Hall at this time. He said that yesterday he just woke up and felt that staying in Vancouver was the right thing to do for his family. He then phoned the Bombers and withdrew his name for consideration as DC.

Thanks Jacquie.