Ian Wild has NFL contract in hand

Mike

I'm gonna go there, yup, i like wild, i really do, think he's a baller and by far was our best linebacker last season, Sears was in and out of the lineup too much.. 

But it honestly seems like we are going to have 3 "new" starting linebackers next season, Just a total guess but i'm betting one is Graig Newman. 

Who the other 2 are, beats me, Maybe Don Unumba is another, who the middle linebacker is tho, anyones guess, anyone but kuale i hope. 

ABK.. That's all i will say. Find a MLB and we might be ok. Linebackers weren't exactly a strong spot last season. Wild was good but everyone else was well, they weren't as good. 

I may get crucified for saying this but no, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult to replace Ian Wild.

He's one hell of a player, but you scout properly and you should be able to find a guy to fill that need.

Dexter McCoil. Travis Brown. Jasper Simmons. Taylor Reed. Greg Jones.

All first year linebackers who had a very positive impact for their teams last year. Could name a handful more too.

Linebackers are out there waiting to be found. Wild is a heart and soul, glue kind of guy and I'm not discounting his value as a double duty guy (replacing that will hurt the most) but as far as a pure LB goes ... they're out there.

The scouting staff has now had a full year to prepare too so let's hope that helps them out there in finding players. Gonna give them a bit of a break last year as they found a few players but hopefully with the full year to prepare instead of a couple months really, they find some guys. 

Really liked what i saw from Unumba when he got a shot to play later in the year. He could be a very good linebacker for us, maybe crucified a bit myself but i saw a younger hopefully less injury prone johnny sears. Big Hitter, strong special teamer, converted DB really. Really liked how he played the last few games and was a special demons monster for us too. 

I may get crucified for saying this but no, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult to replace Ian Wild.

He's one hell of a player, but you scout properly and you should be able to find a guy to fill that need.

All first year linebackers who had a very positive impact for their teams last year. Could name a handful more too.

Linebackers are out there waiting to be found. Wild is a heart and soul, glue kind of guy and I'm not discounting his value as a double duty guy (replacing that will hurt the most) but as far as a pure LB goes ... they're out there.

Agreed. He is replaceable. I liked him a lot but he plays a position that lends itself well to scouting and to an easy transition to the Canadian game.

In theory anyway it should work like this but i think wild brings a bit more then just a LB.. long snapping, consistent, mostly healthy.. Plus seemed like a real character guy.. Played the teams like a beast..

Replaceable? Sure.. but he wasnt just a dime a dozen LB imo.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's completely irreplaceable... just that he's a very good player and we would prefer to see him in blue and gold... best of luck to him in the NFL...

This. Import LBs, as with Import RBs, are a dime a dozen. That said, I'm a huge Ian Wild fan, and hope he ends up back here at some point...