Ian Wild has NFL contract in hand

Mike

I may get crucified for saying this but no, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult to replace Ian Wild.

He's one hell of a player, but you scout properly and you should be able to find a guy to fill that need.

Dexter McCoil. Travis Brown. Jasper Simmons. Taylor Reed. Greg Jones.

All first year linebackers who had a very positive impact for their teams last year. Could name a handful more too.

Linebackers are out there waiting to be found. Wild is a heart and soul, glue kind of guy and I'm not discounting his value as a double duty guy (replacing that will hurt the most) but as far as a pure LB goes ... they're out there.

Name one decent linebacker we brought in last year.

Yeah, we're going to have a hell of a time attempting to find two starting linebackers this off season.

The scouting staff has now had a full year to prepare too so let's hope that helps them out there in finding players. Gonna give them a bit of a break last year as they found a few players but hopefully with the full year to prepare instead of a couple months really, they find some guys. 

Really liked what i saw from Unumba when he got a shot to play later in the year. He could be a very good linebacker for us, maybe crucified a bit myself but i saw a younger hopefully less injury prone johnny sears. Big Hitter, strong special teamer, converted DB really. Really liked how he played the last few games and was a special demons monster for us too. 

Unamba had a real rough start on defence, but really, really improved as the year went along...

Wild was one of our very few impact players last year.  He'll be missed on D and as a long snapper.  Not impossible to replace.  No one is, but he'll be very hard to replace.

Doug Brown seems to be pretty impossible to replace

We could have drafted several since he left, but we didn't.

Wild was one of our very few impact players last year.  He'll be missed on D and as a long snapper.  Not impossible to replace.  No one is, but he'll be very hard to replace.

What Canadian DL in the CFL is just as good as Doug Brown? I certainly don't know of any

What Canadian DL in the CFL is just as good as Doug Brown? I certainly don't know of any

In defense to the WBB, we have drafted "New Doug Brown" but he's so good he's in the NFL...

I may get crucified for saying this but no, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult to replace Ian Wild.

He's one hell of a player, but you scout properly and you should be able to find a guy to fill that need.

All first year linebackers who had a very positive impact for their teams last year. Could name a handful more too.

Linebackers are out there waiting to be found. Wild is a heart and soul, glue kind of guy and I'm not discounting his value as a double duty guy (replacing that will hurt the most) but as far as a pure LB goes ... they're out there.

In theory anyway it should work like this but i think wild brings a bit more then just a LB.. long snapping, consistent, mostly healthy.. Plus seemed like a real character guy.. Played the teams like a beast..

Replaceable? Sure.. but he wasnt just a dime a dozen LB imo.

That almost goes without saying it's not Wild's size or speed that landed him an NFL contract it's his attitude, even O'Shea was awestruck by his work ethic and dedication.  No coach is going to ignore those elements when deciding who to keep and who to cut.

Yeah, we're going to have a hell of a time attempting to find two starting linebackers this off season.

I wouldn't count Sherman out yet, he's still young and he made some impressive plays last year, lot's of potential for improvement.

In defense to the WBB, we have drafted "New Doug Brown" but he's so good he's in the NFL...

One could say, twice..

You shut your ***** mouth. As the #1 shameless Wild fanboi he is not easily replaced. 

No, Wild is awesome and I want him back somewhere on the field, but....the spot in the middle - I'd really like to see a more prototypical Barrin Simpson-type run stuffer in that spot.

You shut your ***** mouth. As the #1 shameless Wild fanboi he is not easily replaced. 

No, Wild is awesome and I want him back somewhere on the field, but....the spot in the middle - I'd really like to see a more prototypical Barrin Simpson-type run stuffer in that spot.

I've said it before .. I'll say it again (because I agree with the sentiment) .. I want an absolute thumper in the middle .. a guy with range and a guy who makes you think twice about running routes (or just plain running) inside .. find me an Elimimian .. a Bighill .. someone that has a dominating phyiscal presence. 

I've said it before .. I'll say it again (because I agree with the sentiment) .. I want an absolute thumper in the middle .. a guy with range and a guy who makes you think twice about running routes (or just plain running) inside .. find me an Elimimian .. a Bighill .. someone that has a dominating phyiscal presence.

Two of the best MLBs to play in the cfl.. Yea, I'm pretty sure every fanbase and HC in the league wants one of them lol

Still think Sherman could step in and replace Dunn in a heartbeat... and I have high hopes for Briggs at MLB someday

You vastly overrate Sherman. He's a Winnipeg boy so it'd be nice to see him do well, but his role on a good team should be as a rotational player at best. He just isn't starting material. 

Still think Sherman could step in and replace Dunn in a heartbeat... and I have high hopes for Briggs at MLB someday

You vastly overrate Sherman. He's a Winnipeg boy so it'd be nice to see him do well, but his role on a good team should be as a rotational player at best. He just isn't starting material. 

meh, I think some more development time could help him improve to the point where he is starting material.