Which Player To Get Stitched On New Bombers Jersey

Noeller

Seems like as good an "Off Season Topic" as any.....

Getting one of the girlfriend's jerseys (she has a couple blank ones...) stitched up for Christmas this year. 17to85 and I have been debating who to get stitched, though. She's partial to both Cory Watson and Glenn January (...something about fat bearded guys...cough...) but both of those guys have to be considered bubble players for 2015. So I thought "Well, Drew Willy has to be a safe bet..." but is he really? What if he never recovers from the mental beating he took this year, and it's Marve's team next summer??

Maybe Denmark? Seems like one of the only safe bets....

Anyhow, thought I'd come here for a few thoughts on the matter....

The guys I'd want -- Wild, Sears Jr -- are free agents. Risky.

Kohlert is probably our best non-import and resigned with us despite living through the Burke years. I'd say he's a good bet to stick around for awhile and be productive.

Retired player is the safest. If I got another royal blue it would be a T. Jones or a Battle but I'm old as **** and have a lot more awesome retired players to choose from. If I got my wife a jersey it would be a Cvetkovich, she has bought his calendar and loves his animal welfare work.

I feel like i used to see lots of Westwood and Cameron jerseys at games back in the day. Maybe it's my imagination.

I think I would only ever get a retired players jersey, or someone who has been with the team long enough that if he quit the next day I'd still be able to wear it with pride.  I got a Stegall jersey in his last year or two. A Doug Brown jersey would have been a safe pick for his last few seasons, Charles Roberts, etc.

I can't really think of anyone on the team now that has that sort of potential other than Willy. And that name will always be timeless even if he did flame out next year.

I feel like i used to see lots of Westwood and Cameron jerseys at games back in the day. Maybe it's my imagination.

I think I would only ever get a retired players jersey, or someone who has been with the team long enough that if he quit the next day I'd still be able to wear it with pride.  I got a Stegall jersey in his last year or two. A Doug Brown jersey would have been a safe pick for his last few seasons, Charles Roberts, etc.

I can't really think of anyone on the team now that has that sort of potential other than Willy. And that name will always be timeless even if he did flame out next year.

In this day and age ..  players don't usually stay long enough with a team for fans to really feel a connection to them .. so I definitely agree with what you're saying.

My last jersey was Muamba .. (was a toss up between that and Stegall when I was getting it done) and I wish I'd gone Stegall because I don't think we see Henoc in Blue and Gold again.

Getting one of the girlfriend's jerseys (she has a couple blank ones...) stitched up for Christmas this year. 17to85 and I have been debating who to get stitched, though. She's partial to both Cory Watson and Glenn January (...something about fat bearded guys...cough...) but both of those guys have to be considered bubble players for 2015. So I thought "Well, Drew Willy has to be a safe bet..." but is he really? What if he never recovers from the mental beating he took this year, and it's Marve's team next summer??

Hoping he works out with us as he just re-signed how about '100% Cotton'?

It's also my wife's maiden name so I'm partial to it. :-)

Do people wear kicker's jerseys? I don't think I've ever seen one. Maybe a Cameron vintage one now and again.

I've got a Jon Ryan jersey.  Guess I should wear it though.  So embarrassing - he plays for the Seahawks now.  Can you imagine the indignity of having to be associated with the Seahawks?

Do people wear kicker's jerseys? I don't think I've ever seen one. Maybe a Cameron vintage one now and again.

I've got a Jon Ryan jersey. Guess I should wear it though. So embarrassing - he plays for the Seahawks now. Can you imagine the indignity of having to be associated with the Seahawks?

Hey, it's nice to have a team you root for win a championship now and then.

I've got a Jon Ryan jersey. Guess I should wear it though. So embarrassing - he plays for the Seahawks now. Can you imagine the indignity of having to be associated with the Seahawks?

Hey, it's nice to have a team you root for win a championship now and then.

Now.

Shouldn't they win it more than once before adding "and then"?

No idea why I'm trash-talking the seahawks fan.  I've got nothing against the c-hox.  Long offseason. Have to do something to pass the time.

So, how about that time they gave Matt Flynn 10 million dollars...

Your wife's maiden name is one hundred percent??

Because I'm cheap and don't want to get stuck with a "Banks" or "Alexander" jersey,,there might be value in a highly recognizable retired player.

Alternatively any number 5 seems to represent some notable players through the years.

Yet, more fun could be had with some really obscure guy or dufus imprinted on the back. Obscure Tee Martin/Dorzon, dufus Kerwin Bell.

Totally agree.  Cotton all the way.