Which Player To Get Stitched On New Bombers Jersey

Noeller

I feel like i used to see lots of Westwood and Cameron jerseys at games back in the day. Maybe it's my imagination.

I think I would only ever get a retired players jersey, or someone who has been with the team long enough that if he quit the next day I'd still be able to wear it with pride.  I got a Stegall jersey in his last year or two. A Doug Brown jersey would have been a safe pick for his last few seasons, Charles Roberts, etc.

I can't really think of anyone on the team now that has that sort of potential other than Willy. And that name will always be timeless even if he did flame out next year.

Retired players... Wear with pride. Well, #11 Ken Ploen, #27 Dave Raimey, #77 Ernie Pitts, #64 Bill Frank, #55 Joe Critchlow, #7 Don Jonas, #52 Harry Walters, #30 Brian Herosian, #27 Jay Washington, #38 Willard Reaves, #35 Tyrone Jones, #10 Rod Hill, #2 Tom Clements, #70 Jeff Boyd.... Those guys come to mind. 

I always loved Brian Herosian's nickname.  The Armenian Assassin.  I met him a few times after he was done playing football.

What comes to my mind about Brian Herosian was the horrible accident that took the lives of his wife and child.

Actually he only lost his wife and he got injured in the accident himself.  His son Ben (who he had with that first wife) is still alive.  He then remarried and has 2 other daughters now as well.  But yeah, losing his wife must have been brutally hard on him, especially since he had to take care of his young son who was born with no legs and only one arm (as well as some other issues he had that I can't remember).  So he had to work his way back to playing football for the Bombers and take care of his disabled son after losing his wife and not having anyone up here to support him as he was from Baltimore.  Not sure if his parents came to help him or what, but he is a friggen strong guy for being able to pick himself up and come back like that.

I bought this guys jersey after this hit. Worth it! I lost it a few years back though  :(

I tried to make it so it would start at 1:50 but I couldn't make it work. 

http://youtu.be/BDtOJi4Y2Ic

So is the Ray hit on Woody Wang the blow that sent him to the sidelines and was caught on camera puking? Good choice for a jersey.

The guys I'd want -- Wild, Sears Jr -- are free agents. Risky.

Kohlert is probably our best non-import and resigned with us despite living through the Burke years. I'd say he's a good bet to stick around for awhile and be productive.

Retired player is the safest. If I got another royal blue it would be a T. Jones or a Battle but I'm old as **** and have a lot more awesome retired players to choose from. If I got my wife a jersey it would be a Cvetkovich, she has bought his calendar and loves his animal welfare work.

You must be at least my age as I have a royal blue 58 (wild wild west) but a 32 was a close second. I never could figure out how a waddle could get so fast. 

I feel like i used to see lots of Westwood and Cameron jerseys at games back in the day. Maybe it's my imagination.

I think I would only ever get a retired players jersey, or someone who has been with the team long enough that if he quit the next day I'd still be able to wear it with pride.  I got a Stegall jersey in his last year or two. A Doug Brown jersey would have been a safe pick for his last few seasons, Charles Roberts, etc.

I can't really think of anyone on the team now that has that sort of potential other than Willy. And that name will always be timeless even if he did flame out next year.

Retired players... Wear with pride. Well, #11 Ken Ploen, #27 Dave Raimey, #54 Phil Minnick, #77 Ernie Pitts, #64 Bill Frank, #55 Joe Critchlow, #7 Don Jonas, #52 Harry Walters, #30 Brian Herosian, #27 Jay Washington, #38 Willard Reaves, #35 Tyrone Jones, #54 Greg Battle, #10 Rod Hill, #35 Bob "Hoss" Houmard, #2 Tom Clements, #70 Jeff Boyd.... Those guys come to mind. 

Jones was 35, crap I thought it was 32. Actually the numbers were a bit blurry in those days. We used to go to Chi Chi's before the game. 

Just popping in quick to say thanks for all the suggestions, guys!! :)

Heck, if you really wanted to, you could get all the suggestions from here stitched on that jersey, in a smaller stich form, kind of like a "signature" uni or a smorgasbord of talented teammates, all in good taste of course.

It might prove to be a bit heavy, but strong are the shoulders that bear the weight of responsibility. (or some hokum like that)

I have a K Jones, Stegall autographed, Walby, Stoddard, Brown, Poplawski, and  bought one of the new Dunigan "Royal Blue" jerseys this summer...

Have a few blanks of my own that I'll get stitched at some point. Have a 2004 era (first year of Reebok) that I think will be a Charles Roberts...

I love Randle and Leggett but after one season, it's difficult to say how long they'll stick around.

Anderson is a safe bet now that's he's re-signed, and he's already put up a couple successful seasons. 

Denmark would be decent.

I wouldn't risk a Willy or Cotton just yet. I'd definitely go with Willy after next season if he stays productive.