Mike O'Shea's MOP

gbill2004

Denmark continues to elevate his game year after year. He played in every game and made some spectacular catches. If there were an award for most consistent player he would win it hands down. I could see the argument that Denmark is our MOP ahead of Willy, who for reasons being endlessly debated has regressed as the season went on.

No one player jumps off the stats sheet. We'll never know, but I bet Cotton would have been in the mix if we would have moved on from Grigsby when we should have.

Hajrullahu for my money was the most consistent player we had all season!

If it truly was the most outstanding player who won these awards, and not the QB or most successful offensive player, LH would easily be the winner. Followed by Randle at DB.

Seeing as how this is really the best offensive weapon, I think Denmark deserves the nod.

I'd vote for Willy. Nearly 4000yards passing on a team that gave up a lot of sacks, a record I think I read. How many times did he stand in there and get pounded to deliver a pass? Also his first season as a starter. Not every comeback will be successful but he engineered a few of them also. The Bombers were in most of the games he started. 

Willy would get my nod, but nobody on this team was truly outstanding.

That could be said of almost every team in the league this year.  Cornish would win it in a walk if he could stay on the field, but he's only played half the games.  He's proven that he's an exceptional talent, but he won't get it with that kind of absenteeism.  Reilly is the only no-brainer on his team out of the west, BLM will win the nod in Calgary over Cornish because he stayed healthy(er).  Us, BC, Sask?  No one player is head and shoulders standing out of the crowd.

I'd vote for Willy. Nearly 4000yards passing on a team that gave up a lot of sacks, a record I think I read. How many times did he stand in there and get pounded to deliver a pass? Also his first season as a starter. Not every comeback will be successful but he engineered a few of them also. The Bombers were in most of the games he started. 

I shrunk this.  Too loud.

I agree with all those reasons - there is certainly an argument to be made for Willy.  It's just not an entirely convincing argument.