Tired of Living On Hope?

BigBlue

I am tired of hearing that we have players with "great potential" and a "core to build around".

We are a very mediocre football club at best and "them" is just the facts.

"Rebuilding" is just another term for a clueless management team that does not know how to recruit or hire.

For 25 years I have waited and watched and hoped. I am just tired of it.

Any temptation to buy season tickets next year have gone out the window. I am a single-game buyer until we finish in first place. Results are all that matter to me.

Make all the off season moves you want, if it is just a marketing ploy I am not interested.

I feel like I have been had, like at a travelling circus, but one that doesn't go anywhere.

In the stock market, you do not jump on the bandwagon until a trend is firmly in place. I don't see no trend.

Bah, humbug!

I am tired of hearing that we have players with "great potential" and a "core to build around".

"Rebuilding" is just another term for a clueless management team that does not know how to recruit or hire.

Any temptation to buy season tickets next year have gone out the window. I am a single-game buyer until we finish in first place. Results are all that matter to me.

Make all the off season moves you want, if it is just a marketing ploy I am not interested.

I feel like I have been had, like at a travelling circus, but one that doesn't go anywhere.

In the stock market, you do not jump on the bandwagon until a trend is firmly in place. I don't see no trend.

Bah, humbug!

It's OK, not all fans are created equal, some people just aren't as much of a fan as others and can only support a winner. No shame in being less of a fan than the rest of us. 

Now the Leafs are a great organization to emulate. NOT. The team has a captured audience as season tickets are virtually willed from family member to family member. We don't have that luxury in the Peg. We better produce a winner or at least resemble one. That hasn't been the case the last few games and the empty seats are a testament to that. I hope and pray we can get our act together next year cuz I don't like what I see in the future. Blind followers we ain't.

Bah, humbug!

It's OK, not all fans are created equal, some people just aren't as much of a fan as others and can only support a winner. No shame in being less of a fan than the rest of us. 

All the fans who have purchased tickets for the last 24 years but still want a team that will be at least 9-9 would strongly disagree with your comment. Being willing to accept poor performances and failure every year would never work in any other business and definitively does not make one a better fan. What's the incentive for the club to get better if all were to accept its failure.  A company would not wait one and a half year to decide whether you're good or not. Let's face it, we hired HC's that had no experience and have paid them handsomely while they were learning and perhaps becoming good at their job. Seems we never learn so we get stuck having to wait into the next year to see if the training has pay off. If it hasn't we start again with a new rookie and promises things will be better this time. 

No, those who while not accepting what is happening but still showing up are the real fans, not those who drank the kool-aid because Jimmy Jones told them to.

Bah, humbug!

All the fans who have purchased tickets for the last 24 years but still want a team that will be at least 9-9 would strongly disagree with your comment. Being willing to accept poor performances and failure every year would never work in any other business and definitively does not make one a better fan. What's the incentive for the club to get better if all were to accept its failure.  A company would not wait one and a half year to decide whether you're good or not. Let's face it, we hired HC's that had no experience and have paid them handsomely while they were learning and perhaps becoming good at their job. Seems we never learn so we get stuck having to wait into the next year to see if the training has pay off. If it hasn't we start again with a new rookie and promises things will be better this time. 

No, those who while not accepting what is happening but still showing up are the real fans, not those who drank the kool-aid because Jimmy Jones told them to.

All I am saying is if you aren't buying season tickets because the team isn't winning you aren't that much of a fan. If I lived in Winnipeg I'd be buying season tickets every year and it wouldn't even be a question. 

Bah, humbug!

All I am saying is if you aren't buying season tickets because the team isn't winning you aren't that much of a fan. If I lived in Winnipeg I'd be buying season tickets every year and it wouldn't even be a question. 

So who said the fans were not buying tickets because the team was not winning. After having been screwed for all these years I think the Winnipeg/Manitoba fan is exemplary.  Remember, a fan does  not have a seat on the BOD table so he just can't walk up and say:"You guys's system stinks." The only way he can express his displeasure is by using his cash to do something else on game day.

The Bomber Club does not have an inherent right to expect fans to show up, it's a privilege it must earn but for years it's a privilege it has enjoyed on credit. Good for you for wanting to be at the game, that would make you another of the 28,000 or so who were there this year. Discount the last two games when many fans decided to speak to the Board.

Bah, humbug!

So who said the fans were not buying tickets because the team was not winning. After having been screwed for all these years I think the Winnipeg/Manitoba fan is exemplary.  Remember, a fan does  not have a seat on the BOD table so he just can't walk up and say:"You guys's system stinks." The only way he can express his displeasure is by using his cash to do something else on game day.

The Bomber Club does not have an inherent right to expect fans to show up, it's a privilege it must earn but for years it's a privilege it has enjoyed on credit. Good for you for wanting to be at the game, that would make you another of the 28,000 or so who were there this year. Discount the last two games when many fans decided to speak to the Board.

I would actually pay money to listen to the giant burst of laughter that would erupt from the board room if you walked up to them and said that. The hilarity would be infectious...

Buying season tickets isn't what makes a person a fan.  

You're right -- taking the contrarian point of view toward every decision the club makes is a real fan.

Fans come in all types from Kool aid chuggers who can't ever see anything bad to those who can't see anything good and everywhere in between.  From those who can't afford season tickets to those who can afford to go to games even in other cities.  From those who vote with their wallets to those to show their displeasure to those who buy anything Bombers including pigeon poop jersey's.  From the sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorn set who 'feel sorry for people who can't see just how good we will someday be' to the pessimistic Eyeore's who can't understand how we will ever win another game.  All are fans.  In a perfect world, they'd all be treated with the same respect.

Buying season tickets isn't what makes a person a fan.  

You're right -- taking the contrarian point of view toward every decision the club makes is a real fan.

Fans come in all types from Kool aid chuggers who can't ever see anything bad to those who can't see anything good and everywhere in between.  From those who can't afford season tickets to those who can afford to go to games even in other cities.  From those who vote with their wallets to those to show their displeasure to those who buy anything Bombers including pigeon poop jersey's.  From the sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorn set who 'feel sorry for people who can't see just how good we will someday be' to the pessimistic Eyeore's who can't understand how we will ever win another game.  All are fans.  In a perfect world, they'd all be treated with the same respect.

I am curious, which of those groups do you see yourself in?

if you can't afford tickets or don't live in Winnipeg that's one story but if you can afford seasons and choose not to go because the team isn't winning then you're just a bandwagon jumper plain and simple. Try and justify it to yourself all you like you're only fooling yourself. 

Had seasons in 2006 and part of 2007, while I was living in Morden, working in Winkler, and it's the best money I've ever spent, bar none. Moving to Alberta, the toughest thing was giving up my Bombers seasons. Sigh...would give ANYTHING. You STH don't know how lucky you are...