Tired of Living On Hope?

BigBlue

I'm not in either end of the spectrum.  I like some choices.  I dislike others.  I agree with some of what we've done.  I disagree with a lot.  I've followed this team since the 60's.  I remember what it was like to go to the stadium expecting to win every game.  I know what it's like to expect to lose every game.  I was ecstatic when we were 5-1 out of the gate.  I hoped I was wrong and we'd finally turned things around.  I was disappointed when it turned out not to be true.  I've had season tickets in Winnipeg, Calgary and BC.  I went to 9 out of 10 Grey Cups in the 80's and 90's.  I watched us win a cup in BC place and lose one in Calgary.  I'm a fan of football in general and the Bombers in particular.  

if you can't afford tickets or don't live in Winnipeg that's one story but if you can afford seasons and choose not to go because the team isn't winning then you're just a bandwagon jumper plain and simple. Try and justify it to yourself all you like you're only fooling yourself. 

That's BS.  You can be a fan and not have season tickets even if you can afford them.

I had season tickets from 1974-90 when I lived in Winnipeg. I'd still have them if I lived there. The Blue & Gold flows in my veins. But I have been & everybody as a fan... has a right to be angry & pissed off. And to expect more from the team. It's a fans right to ask questions & to be critical, I believe. 

I'm not in either end of the spectrum. I like some choices. I dislike others. I agree with some of what we've done. I disagree with a lot. I've followed this team since the 60's. I remember what it was like to go to the stadium expecting to win every game. I know what it's like to expect to lose every game. I was ecstatic when we were 5-1 out of the gate. I hoped I was wrong and we'd finally turned things around. I was disappointed when it turned out not to be true. I've had season tickets in Winnipeg, Calgary and BC. I went to 9 out of 10 Grey Cups in the 80's and 90's. I watched us win a cup in BC place and lose one in Calgary. I'm a fan of football in general and the Bombers in particular.

Since the sixties? How old is your avatar?

I'm not in either end of the spectrum. I like some choices. I dislike others. I agree with some of what we've done. I disagree with a lot. I've followed this team since the 60's. I remember what it was like to go to the stadium expecting to win every game. I know what it's like to expect to lose every game. I was ecstatic when we were 5-1 out of the gate. I hoped I was wrong and we'd finally turned things around. I was disappointed when it turned out not to be true. I've had season tickets in Winnipeg, Calgary and BC. I went to 9 out of 10 Grey Cups in the 80's and 90's. I watched us win a cup in BC place and lose one in Calgary. I'm a fan of football in general and the Bombers in particular.

Since the sixties? How old is your avatar?

Current as of the day I put it up.  A couple of years old now.  Got good genes.

if you can't afford tickets or don't live in Winnipeg that's one story but if you can afford seasons and choose not to go because the team isn't winning then you're just a bandwagon jumper plain and simple. Try and justify it to yourself all you like you're only fooling yourself. 

That's BS.  You can be a fan and not have season tickets even if you can afford them.

Yeah you're just not as good a fan. 

And your just an Aaardvark.

And your just an Aaardvark.

________coltisorderai.blogspot.ro______a

I don't really blame the TS.. In such a small league the inability to win it all is frustrating.

I made a thread a month ago about losing interest for this season and most definitely the Blue buzz has been dead for the last two months going into the off season.

I don't blame fans jumping off the bandwagon... If you put out a terrible product for such a long time of course people won't want to come back.

That's BS. You can be a fan and not have season tickets even if you can afford them.

That's bs big time ... A huge chunk of season ticket holders only go to get drunk and to party with each other and completely ignore the game.

there's a difference between being a fan, and not enjoying watching a team allow 70 sacks, and letting the opponent run over you, trample you

at the end of games, 

and all the rest of it.

who the hell enjoys that?

seriously.

I am still a fan, I always will be.  but the crap we've been getting the last few years, is not enjoyable.

At this point the best part of following the bombers is this board, and the chat during games.

I would also add that while Burke was probably too honest, Oshea's media interviews leave something to be desired for me.

That's BS. You can be a fan and not have season tickets even if you can afford them.

That's bs big time ... A huge chunk of season ticket holders only go to get drunk and to party with each other and completely ignore the game.

I am the opposite of a drunken fan but a devoted fan I am - - for over 50 years a Bomber diehard - - And I am always "depressed" for 3 days after a Bomber loss ... I am just tired of the lack of talent on our club and the inability of our management to build the club into something special ... how many above average players do we have on the club right now: Randle, Wild and maybe a couple others ... Why is that? What is going to change for next year?

I am not buying season tickets next year because I care too much and the disappointment ruins my week ... I am just getting too old to not be happy because of my ball club

I am the opposite of a drunken fan but a devoted fan I am - - for over 50 years a Bomber diehard - - And I am always "depressed" for 3 days after a Bomber loss ... I am just tired of the lack of talent on our club and the inability of our management to build the club into something special ... how many above average players do we have on the club right now: Randle, Wild and maybe a couple others ... Why is that? What is going to change for next year?

I am not buying season tickets next year because I care too much and the disappointment ruins my week ... I am just getting too old to not be happy because of my ball club

Moore ... Denmark ... Cotton ... Leggett ... Turner ... Anderson ... Washington ... Stoudermire ... Hajrullahu ... 

You know, I'm really starting to notice ... as much as people say we have homers, we sure do have a ton of gloomers as well.

Moore ... Denmark ... Cotton ... Leggett ... Turner ... Anderson ... Washington ... Stoudermire ... Hajrullahu ... 

You know, I'm really starting to notice ... as much as people say we have homers, we sure do have a ton of gloomers as well.

Moore ... Denmark ... Cotton ... Leggett ... Turner ... Anderson ... Washington ... Stoudermire ... Hajrullahu ... in addition to my mention of Randle & Wild

That's a list of our better players but how many are going to be a western all-star (or 2nd team) this year: Hajrullahu possibly... Randle surely I think ... Leggett will be beaten out by Breckenridge but he is good ... Stoudermire might be the best in the league but won't get the votes this year ... Moore has been a bust this year ... Denmark might get in on stats but he has not been a dominating player ... Cotton is still unproven as promising as he looks ... Turner & Anderson & Wild will at best get honorable mentions ... Washington I hope

My guess is we get 3 on the western all star team this year ... how many of the rest would be on a 2nd western team is how many are "above average" ie 1st or 2nd out of 5 teams

Do we get more than 3 out of 26 or so players as western all stars?

There is this thing called a life that people have and have more time for than watching football.

Who cares?

Should we have built this team around Will Ford?  He was a divisional all-star last year.

Is anyone trumpeting the achievements of Glenn January?  He was a divisional all-star last year.

Players don't count as talented unless they're divisional all-stars?  You are hurting my brain.

Tired of living on hope?  No, I'm tired of people pretending the Bombers have somehow ruined their lives.

Finally.. Someone else sees it lol.

Moore ... Denmark ... Cotton ... Leggett ... Turner ... Anderson ... Washington ... Stoudermire ... Hajrullahu ... in addition to my mention of Randle & Wild

That's a list of our better players but how many are going to be a western all-star (or 2nd team) this year: Hajrullahu possibly... Randle surely I think ... Leggett will be beaten out by Breckenridge but he is good ... Stoudermire might be the best in the league but won't get the votes this year ... Moore has been a bust this year ... Denmark might get in on stats but he has not been a dominating player ... Cotton is still unproven as promising as he looks ... Turner & Anderson & Wild will at best get honorable mentions ... Washington I hope

My guess is we get 3 on the western all star team this year ... how many of the rest would be on a 2nd western team is how many are "above average" ie 1st or 2nd out of 5 teams

if you're expecting a lot of all stars from the team with the worst record in the west you're going to be disappointed... but that doesn't mean that we don't have our share of good players here. Part of the problem is the depth and what we lack in addition to those good players.