Tired of Living On Hope?

BigBlue

if you can't afford tickets or don't live in Winnipeg that's one story but if you can afford seasons and choose not to go because the team isn't winning then you're just a bandwagon jumper plain and simple. Try and justify it to yourself all you like you're only fooling yourself. 

That's BS.  You can be a fan and not have season tickets even if you can afford them.

I hate to agree with you Tburg but you are absolutely freaking right.  17 just gets off attacking you.  Cue 17 attack on me to be a better fan... which is really what makes this site fun to read.

The mud slinging is fun to read most days.

I don't like the " the team hasn't won in 24 years thing" too much, it's not like it's the same players, heck most BOD members have changed since then, all of them even? I have no idea actually but i'd assume all of them have indeed changed, It's not this regimes fault, this regime was just put together last season, reality really is this season as they named the coaches pretty later in the off-season. Different players, different BOD members, different GM'S, different presidents, different coaches, different players... and none of them have won.

Starts to make one wonder if maybe the problem isn't something else actually. Before you learn to walk you have to crawl and before you run you have to learn to walk.. have we allowed them to crawl? perhaps this season we started crawling, pretty close in most games, maybe next year we start to walk and then we will be well on our way to running. Patience i think is needed, 2011 wasn't that long ago folks, we were in the cup that year. 

Just curious, if we won the cup vs sask a few years back (the one where glenn was hurt the week or 2 b4 the cup) or in 2011, would we still be going on about this? Cuz it's not like the team hasn't made it to the playoffs or grey cup in 24 years, they just haven't won. Things just haven't gone in our way when we made it..

didn't a 14-4 bomber team lose to an 8-10 stampeder team in the grey cup one year too during the drougt?

A win in 2001, 2007 or 2011 would have done great things for the team because it would have cleared a lot of the angst away from some people and there wouldn't be that pressure heaped on the team because of it. 

In your words that's bullshit. So we should be happy because we night have won three times in 24 years? We did lose a cup to a lesser team but guess what? We played in the game. I just can't get my head around the position of some who feel not having been in the cup for 24 years is no big deal. So why do we play the game? 

I don't like the " the team hasn't won in 24 years thing" too much, it's not like it's the same players, heck most BOD members have changed since then, all of them even? I have no idea actually but i'd assume all of them have indeed changed, It's not this regimes fault, this regime was just put together last season, reality really is this season as they named the coaches pretty later in the off-season. Different players, different BOD members, different GM'S, different presidents, different coaches, different players... and none of them have won.

Starts to make one wonder if maybe the problem isn't something else actually. Before you learn to walk you have to crawl and before you run you have to learn to walk.. have we allowed them to crawl? perhaps this season we started crawling, pretty close in most games, maybe next year we start to walk and then we will be well on our way to running. Patience i think is needed, 2011 wasn't that long ago folks, we were in the cup that year. 

Just curious, if we won the cup vs sask a few years back (the one where glenn was hurt the week or 2 b4 the cup) or in 2011, would we still be going on about this? Cuz it's not like the team hasn't made it to the playoffs or grey cup in 24 years, they just haven't won. Things just haven't gone in our way when we made it..

didn't a 14-4 bomber team lose to an 8-10 stampeder team in the grey cup one year too during the drougt?

A win in 2001, 2007 or 2011 would have done great things for the team because it would have cleared a lot of the angst away from some people and there wouldn't be that pressure heaped on the team because of it. 

In your words that's bullshit. So we should be happy because we night have won three times in 24 years? We did lose a cup to a lesser team but guess what? We played in the game. I just can't get my head around the position of some who feel not having been in the cup for 24 years is no big deal. So why do we play the game? 

and I said that where? I said a win in one of those games would have relieved a lot of angst and there would be less pressure on the organization because it wouldn't have been 24 years since the last championship! That's all. Stop trying to read more into a comment than is there. Honestly, some people...

and I said that where? I said a win in one of those games would have relieved a lot of angst and there would be less pressure on the organization because it wouldn't have been 24 years since the last championship! That's all. Stop trying to read more into a comment than is there. Honestly, some people...

I appears you might have a problem reading? I know what you said and what I wrote was whether we should be happy with that followed by  a ""?""  That hardly meant I was reading anything else in you opinion. Than after stating a fact about loosing to Calgary I then posted an opinion about what I feel is a strange reaction of some to the last 24 years.  

Your obligation in this case would have been either ignore the post or to answer the question instead of assuming it was an attack on your statement. I'm sure you know what a ? stands for, right?

You might be just too hung up on one thing. Did you ever think of going to diner, going to the theater, volunteering, visiting friends on a football night or going on a trip to where the Bombers don't even exist during the season? All that can be a whole lot of fun. You would find out being a fan should not become an obsession. With PVR you would not miss a thing and if you did so what? you could still make up facts.

I appears you might have a problem reading? I know what you said and what I wrote was whether we should be happy with that followed by  a ""?""  That hardly meant I was reading anything else in you opinion. Than after stating a fact about loosing to Calgary I then posted an opinion about what I feel is a strange reaction of some to the last 24 years.  

Your obligation in this case would have been either ignore the post or to answer the question instead of assuming it was an attack on your statement. I'm sure you know what a ? stands for, right?

You might be just too hung up on one thing. Did you ever think of going to diner, going to the theater, volunteering, visiting friends on a football night or going on a trip to where the Bombers don't even exist during the season? All that can be a whole lot of fun. You would find out being a fan should not become an obsession. With PVR you would not miss a thing and if you did so what? you could still make up facts.

The big point is that winning a cup when they had the opportunities would have saved the team from a lot of the bad decisions they made. Particularly in 2007. Win a cup there and Berry and Glenn have more rope and we avoid the whole Mike Kelly debacle and everything that came after it.