Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

The inner turmoil for the Rider fan base will be rippling beneath the surface, with the stalk realization that their season, and subsequent reserved title, will all come crashing down.

When that realization bubbles to the surface, there will be panic and whining and finger pointing and angst.

Their 'lost without Durant' panic thread will explode to over 100 posts and may set a new record for posts.

And we will be smiling.

Not because of any disdain for Durant, but we know of adages and the "what goes around…comes around" factor.

Actually most are okay with Sunseri. There is no replacing Durant but the Riders are a veteran team with a tonne of talent.  Tino doesn't have to force anything.
Is it really the case that "most are okay with Sunseri" or is it, You don't really have a choice other than to go with Sunseri.
Well, we have no choice but most are confident that Tino will do "okay."  He's not Darian but he'll do fine.
His completion percentage this year is 52% (Sunseri) that's less than Alex Brink, only 5% better than Troy Smith....

That average sucks but how many balls has he thrown?

A comparable number to Brink at least. Not like his job is going to get any easier either, he's got a lot of games against tough defenses to look forward to. 

The inner turmoil for the Rider fan base will be rippling beneath the surface, with the stalk realization that their season, and subsequent reserved title, will all come crashing down.

When that realization bubbles to the surface, there will be panic and whining and finger pointing and angst.

Their 'lost without Durant' panic thread will explode to over 100 posts and may set a new record for posts.

And we will be smiling.

Not because of any disdain for Durant, but we know of adages and the "what goes around…comes around" factor.

Actually most are okay with Sunseri. There is no replacing Durant but the Riders are a veteran team with a tonne of talent.  Tino doesn't have to force anything.
Is it really the case that "most are okay with Sunseri" or is it, You don't really have a choice other than to go with Sunseri.
Well, we have no choice but most are confident that Tino will do "okay."  He's not Darian but he'll do fine.
His completion percentage this year is 52% (Sunseri) that's less than Alex Brink, only 5% better than Troy Smith....

That average sucks but how many balls has he thrown?

A comparable number to Brink at least. Not like his job is going to get any easier either, he's got a lot of games against tough defenses to look forward to.

Last year, in the half of football he knew he was going to play against Edmonton, Tino was 14 of 18 and a passer rating of 105. That was against a bad Edmonton team but they were playing their starters and he looked poised. He'll do okay and if not what can you do? Crap happens sometimes.

Bomber fans are suspicious of a "new superstar" just coming in effortlessly, because we've had how many years of experience in this?

Luckily (for Rider fans....) their offense has not relied heavily on the passing game.  However - their offense also has not won their games for them.  Can you consistently win games with special teams and defensive turnovers?  We'll find out.

Bomber fans are suspicious of a "new superstar" just coming in effortlessly, because we've had how many years of experience in this?

Luckily (for Rider fans....) their offense has not relied heavily on the passing game. However - their offense also has not won their games for them. Can you consistently win games with special teams and defensive turnovers? We'll find out.

Or we could ask the 2007 bombers

I remain optimistic that Sunseri will hold his own. He's looked poised with limited reps. We'll all find out soon enough.

You should always be optimistic about your team's chances.  We were optimistic about Dinwiddie's abilities in November of 2007.

IT WAS 3 YARDS!!! RUN FORWARD!!!

I'd rather pound my groin with a rock than remember that debacle. Ouch dammit!

And we will be smiling.

I hope he does ok too. Because "ok" is not going to cut it down the stretch. I think the west has been re-configured with the loss of Durant, he's a top-notch qb and the green will certainly miss his leadership an ability. I hope he heals well and comes back to play next year. As crappy as his injury is, I think this actually helps the Bombers, lousy way to catch a break though...

Durant does seem like a good guy.  and he's an outstanding CFL quarterback. Too bad he's out.

Hard to tell about their backup, but he look lost to me.

You can now put me into the group of bomber fans that are tired of saskatchewan fans posting here. 

The arrogance  of some of the people on that team, including it's fans, it's pretty high these days.

Here's hoping the team loses all its remaining games this year. Totally sick of them. And I didn't use to feel that way about that team.

The more you have to deal with Rider fans the more you wish for bad things to happen to their players.

Really? Some of you guys take things way too personal.

If you weren't a Rider fan you would feel exactly the same way. You're one of the inmates in the asylum, of course you don't see how ******** you collectively are. Everyone else sees it though, No other fanbase in the CFL has anything but disdain for the Rider fan base. Y'all are annoying as all hell. 

Yeah, it's the most hyped up here though.

I like a lot of our Rider fan posters. They're not as bad as we make them out to be. Could be a lot worse.

Assholes like Migs could easily come here. Everyone should be lucky he hasn't because he is a hell of a lot worse than me or franc.

And if Rider fans (or anyone for that matter) come here to do nothing but troll, they are easily banned.   We've already banned a few.

Fans who want to come here and have a football discussion are more then welcome.  

I like a lot of our Rider fan posters. They're not as bad as we make them out to be. Could be a lot worse.

Assholes like Migs could easily come here. Everyone should be lucky he hasn't because he is a hell of a lot worse than me or franc.

And if Rider fans (or anyone for that matter) come here to do nothing but troll, they are easily banned.   We've already banned a few.

Fans who want to come here and have a football discussion are more then welcome.  

The problem with Migs though, is that he is very sneaky. When he first posts, you don't expect him to be a troll. He tries to lure people into thinking he's a good guy when he really isn't.

He's alive and kicking at the official Bomber board, and no one has appeared to realize that he's a troll yet. Everyone at RF and MBB knows what's yet to come there though judged by his past.

The problem with Migs though, is that he is very sneaky. When he first posts, you don't expect him to be a troll. He tries to lure people into thinking he's a good guy when he really isn't.

Oh I see.  He is smarter then our whole moderator team and we would never catch on.   Let alone the fact that the moderator team here has been moderating for years and years and years and and knows Migs quite well (in terms of forum posting, not personally)

And if Rider fans (or anyone for that matter) come here to do nothing but troll, they are easily banned. We've already banned a few.

He's alive and kicking at the official Bomber board, and no one has appeared to realize that he's a troll yet. Everyone at RF and MBB knows what's yet to come there though judged by his past.

Didn't you have to ask who Migs was like a month ago? Now you're educating US?

And if Rider fans (or anyone for that matter) come here to do nothing but troll, they are easily banned. We've already banned a few.

Didn't you have to ask who Migs was like a month ago? Now you're educating US?

Lol, I guess so.

And recently, I've been checking out his posts over at the official board. I have a good idea of what he's like based on that.

Oh I see.  He is smarter then our whole moderator team and we would never catch on.   Let alone the fact that the moderator team here has been moderating for years and years and years and and knows Migs quite well (in terms of forum posting, not personally)

Well, you guys know Migs obviously, so you wouldn't be fooled. Anyone who didn't though wouldn't catch on right away.

I'd rather deal with Migs than the people who come around trying to kiss asses and sing kumbaya and pretend we're all friends here. At least with folks like that they know they're straight up homers and don't actually believe the superiority crap. 

Why exactly have you been so chummy with franc then?