Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

Yes the Bomber defence was stellar! A hack and Bomber apologist rolled into one!

LOL

Get over it!

Yes, because Winnipeggers are known for their high culture.

This is how you discuss football with Bomber fans over on your home forum.

Don't act like this kind of treatment is exclusive to our site. Hey, if you're going to own it then own it. But don't say you own it and then whine when we do the same thing.

Everything I say over there I say over here save for the colourful trash talk. That's cool for you to do that here so I should be afforded the same rights. At least I have the balls to use the same username.

Are you implying I don't?

Durant does seem like a good guy.  and he's an outstanding CFL quarterback. Too bad he's out.

Hard to tell about their backup, but he look lost to me.

You can now put me into the group of bomber fans that are tired of saskatchewan fans posting here. 

The arrogance  of some of the people on that team, including it's fans, it's pretty high these days.

Here's hoping the team loses all its remaining games this year. Totally sick of them. And I didn't use to feel that way about that team.

The more you have to deal with Rider fans the more you wish for bad things to happen to their players.

Really? Some of you guys take things way too personal.

If you weren't a Rider fan you would feel exactly the same way. You're one of the inmates in the asylum, of course you don't see how ******** you collectively are. Everyone else sees it though, No other fanbase in the CFL has anything but disdain for the Rider fan base. Y'all are annoying as all hell.

To be honest if the Bombers were as good and successful as the Riders I'd hate you guys too. Problem is you're not. Good news though you guys are getting there.

Rider fans on twitter are now blaming the officials and Turner.

Of course they are... Why blame durant who continued the play as well... Nope, blame everyone else first and foremost..

What? Why would you EVER blame Durant?

Simple really.. If your going to blame turner for continuing the play after the whistle... You have to blame durant for doing the same.. He could have pulled up, he could have ran backwards for all I care... If both players didn't hear the whistle then obviously both are free from blame but if either one heard it or felt the play was dead and continued on.... *shrug* just my opinion..

Kind of a really strange comparison to make, imo. Either way, hard for me to blame anyone.

Oh me too.. I don't see blame to be handed out in anyway really.. Ref can't make his whistles louder.. Durant and turner both couldnt hear a thing I'm sure.. Just a shitty play.. Blame our crowd i guess for being so dang insanely loud lol

Durant does seem like a good guy. and he's an outstanding CFL quarterback. Too bad he's out.

Hard to tell about their backup, but he look lost to me.

You can now put me into the group of bomber fans that are tired of saskatchewan fans posting here.

The arrogance of some of the people on that team, including it's fans, it's pretty high these days.

Here's hoping the team loses all its remaining games this year. Totally sick of them. And I didn't use to feel that way about that team.

The more you have to deal with Rider fans the more you wish for bad things to happen to their players.
Really? Some of you guys take things way too personal.

If you weren't a Rider fan you would feel exactly the same way. You're one of the inmates in the asylum, of course you don't see how ******** you collectively are. Everyone else sees it though, No other fanbase in the CFL has anything but disdain for the Rider fan base. Y'all are annoying as all hell.

To be honest if the Bombers were as good and successful as the Riders I'd hate you guys too. Problem is you're not. Good news though you guys are getting there.

Barf.

You guys have a lot of hate. ;)

I'm hoping the Bombers finish strongly.

I remain optimistic that Sunseri will hold his own. He's looked poised with limited reps. We'll all find out soon enough.

Cheers and if I ever see any of you guys at a game I'll buy you a beer.

Oh gee, don't be pulling that. At least own what you're doing here. You come here and play moderately nice, but more than a few of us have seen the way you speak about us on your home forum. ;)

You guys have a lot of hate. ;)

I'm hoping the Bombers finish strongly.

I remain optimistic that Sunseri will hold his own. He's looked poised with limited reps. We'll all find out soon enough.

Cheers and if I ever see any of you guys at a game I'll buy you a beer.

Oh gee, don't be pulling that. At least own what you're doing here. You come here and play moderately nice, but more than a few of us have seen the way you speak about us on your home forum. ;)

I own everything I say and that can be said about a few posters over here as well. ;)

Anyway I love football and don't mind a friendly tussle every now and again. FTR I think Willy is a solid quarterback but I also believe that Sunseri is going to surprise a lot of people.

Is that just blind optimisim because he didn't show much on Sunday?

Tino looked impressive coming back against the Lions and played well in the last game of the season last year against the Esks.

?

Was there a whistle on the play? If so I never heard it.

There was.. I heard one right after the snap (procedure due to Messam on the line I believe.. Moved) but I'm assuming on the field, nobody was hearing a thing..

There was a UR penalty to Leggett last month on a special teams play (he threw his guy to the ground in the legal sense) that only could have been called because it was after the whistle, but there was no way Leggett could have heard the whistle on the play.  Refs have to realize that noise is a legitimate factor at IGF.  The years of tweeting their whistle and waddling over are done.  They need to start whistling every play dead like a bench brawl has erupted.  Run in with your arms waving, blow that whistle like an angry french traffic cop.  If players are supposed to play to the whistle the refs better make sure they can hear that whistle.

Btw, I still haven't got any answer if the league allowed the 'customized earplugs' that the Riders used last game.

Btw, I still haven't got any answer if the league allowed the 'customized earplugs' that the Riders used last game.

Maybe O'Shea can protest the result.;)

Of course they are... Why blame durant who continued the play as well... Nope, blame everyone else first and foremost..

Simple really.. If your going to blame turner for continuing the play after the whistle... You have to blame durant for doing the same.. He could have pulled up, he could have ran backwards for all I care... If both players didn't hear the whistle then obviously both are free from blame but if either one heard it or felt the play was dead and continued on.... *shrug* just my opinion..

Kind of a really strange comparison to make, imo. Either way, hard for me to blame anyone.

Oh me too.. I don't see blame to be handed out in anyway really.. Ref can't make his whistles louder.. Durant and turner both couldnt hear a thing I'm sure.. Just a shitty play.. Blame our crowd i guess for being so dang insanely loud lol

Can't blame anyone for this. Injuries happen in football.

I don't get how anyone can put blame on anyone other than the fans...and even then, that's a dumb excuse. If you watch the play there isn't a single player on either side of the ball who isn't continuing on with the play like it was a normal down. The people who are blaming players aren't thinking.

Also I'm glad durain't isn't coming back. I don't think he is the player everyone makes him out to be, and I don't think he's as classy as everyone thinks he is. Glad he's done, glad suckseri is going in and glad the riders will struggle with the rest of the year! **** YOU RIDERS!

Back to the original topic; I believe that the riders play will decline only slightly and I don`t believe it will be because of their passing game because let`s face it they barely had one.  I think the main issue is Durant was a great running quarterback too; the way he carried Peach for three or four yards in that game was insane.  The way he kept drives alive in LDC by running the 2nd and long yardage to get the first down.  Replace Durant with Sunseri in those same circumstances and I just do not see the same game changing plays.

Let me say though I believe Willy is an excellent quarterback; and already have the confidence that barring injury he will be a number one quarterback in the league and I hope that Winnipeg manages to keep him as our franchise quarterback.  But I also do not believe he could carry or run through a defender the way that Durant does and has. 

That aspect will be what the Riders are missing in their future games. 

I also agree with the assessment that because Tino is not as respected as Durant that the running game will be closed up more because they`ll use less players to defend against the pass.

Maybe O'Shea can protest the result. ;)

It's not because of that. I believe every equipment you wear in the game should be approved by the league.

I remember there's a player fined for wearing pink gloves (I think) a year before they introduced the 'pink' week.

It's not because of that. I believe every equipment you wear in the game should be approved by the league.

I remember there's a player fined for wearing pink gloves (I think) a year before they introduced the 'pink' week.

Okay. Got ya.

Uniform, not equipment.

Curious to see if the Riders go with Sunseri, Doege and Price (assuming he signs, as reported), or if they bring in a CFL experienced guy as well - something like what Ottawa did.

There is a big debate going on. Personally I am in favour of rolling with Sunseri. Not too many decent vets around anyway.

Okay. Got ya.

I commend the Riders for the first team to use that. Now, expect teams to use that every time they play in Regina and Winnipeg.

#nomorecrowdnoiseadvantage

That's too bad about durant, it's too bad it didn't happen in the first game we played vs them, just kidding but i think honestly we would have won those games if durant was hurt earlier. But unfortunate to lose 2 of the best qb's in the league the same week-end. 

Sunseri? Didn't look that impressive actually, don't get the Willy comparisons by the rider fan, guess it's cuz Willy isn't a rider any more. To be expected i suppose.

What happens if Sunseri gets hurt? I do think teams will start to  focus on stopping the run vs SASK and make Tino beat them with his arm, I'm not sure he can do that, Rookie QB's will make mistakes and say what you will, he's a rookie. Beating Edmonton last game of last season isn't that big of an accomplishment, they were almost as bad as we were last season.

It will be interesting to see what happens, I think the riders have a strong oline and strong running game, you take that away though, like teams will do and i'm not sure what they have. 

The inner turmoil for the Rider fan base will be rippling beneath the surface, with the stalk realization that their season, and subsequent reserved title, will all come crashing down.

When that realization bubbles to the surface, there will be panic and whining and finger pointing and angst.

Their 'lost without Durant' panic thread will explode to over 100 posts and may set a new record for posts.

And we will be smiling.

Not because of any disdain for Durant, but we know of adages and the "what goes around…comes around" factor.

They should go with sunseri if they believe in the guy. What are the chances of this injury effecting durain't for the remainder of his career....via...Khari Jones etc etc.

Apparently in may be "Tommy John" surgery.  If this is the case he should recover okay.  At least that's what a lot of us are hoping.

The inner turmoil for the Rider fan base will be rippling beneath the surface, with the stalk realization that their season, and subsequent reserved title, will all come crashing down.

When that realization bubbles to the surface, there will be panic and whining and finger pointing and angst.

Their 'lost without Durant' panic thread will explode to over 100 posts and may set a new record for posts.

And we will be smiling.

Not because of any disdain for Durant, but we know of adages and the "what goes around…comes around" factor.

Actually most are okay with Sunseri. There is no replacing Durant but the Riders are a veteran team with a tonne of talent.  Tino doesn't have to force anything.

And we will be smiling.

Actually most are okay with Sunseri. There is no replacing Durant but the Riders are a veteran team with a tonne of talent.  Tino doesn't have to force anything.

Yes, but that's because you're in the 'rippling beneath the surface phase'.

Wait…just wait.

And we will be smiling.

Is it really the case that "most are okay with Sunseri" or is it, You don't really have a choice other than to go with Sunseri. I would suspect the latter. You have no choice so a whole bunch of you are jumping on his bandwagon. Take it from a bomber fan, Your rookie backup will suck. He might have one good game, but then he will break your heart by having a really awful game.. Joey Elliot style.