Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

I'm sure they'd have no problem fitting Burris' massive salary under the cap, somehow.

Seriously, if this would happen then they should just abolish the cap completely. It's pointless.

Let's say Durant makes 400k and Burris makes 450k base salary.

Durant has game cheques of 22k/game and Burris would make 25k/game.

3k a game difference, multiplied by 7 remaining games.

You don't think they could fit an extra 21k under the cap?

I'm sure they'd have no problem fitting Burris' massive salary under the cap, somehow.

Seriously, if this would happen then they should just abolish the cap completely. It's pointless.

The SMS hit would depend on the difference between Burris' salary and Durant's as DD's salary for the remaining 8 games would be off the books.

On a bit of a positive/hopeful note, Flutie had a similar injury and was back within seven weeks. My thoughts are with the player in this situation hoping that he makes a full and complete recovery and is able to get back to earning a living and doing what he loves ASAP.

Oh yes, I will also be praying and holding vigil for him. Does anyone know if there's some sort of fund I can donate to to support him in this time of great difficulty?  It must be really tough being the first CFLer in history to suffer a (sort of) serious injury.

Stay classy Max.

Oh come on, that's pure gold right there.

more talk this morning of Burris to Riders and I'm positively giddy over the thought of it. The most Brendan Taman-y thing since the Zeke (and Destroy) Moreno deal. If there's a God, he gives up a pile of future for it...

The ironing would be delicious. I'd almost like to see it just to see all the headlines/ story lines.

It's always nice to have a crisp, clean shirt on but I'm not really sure how that applies here... and I wouldn't strongly advise against tasting the ironing to see how delicious it is...

Dude it's a quote from The Simpson's.

Never mind that it's one of the most used lines on the internet. God, I hate people...

It just bottles the mind that people continually miss references. 

Let's say Durant makes 400k and Burris makes 450k base salary.

Durant has game cheques of 22k/game and Burris would make 25k/game.

3k a game difference, multiplied by 7 remaining games.

You don't think they could fit an extra 21k under the cap?

Would Durant be making that much? But yeah, good point - I think I forgot about the fact that injured players don't count against the cap. Or do they? What's the difference between the regular injured players and the guys on the 9 game IR, or whatever it's called, when it comes to the cap?

Why would sask trade for Burris. That makes no sense really, sure receivers in ottawa are part of the problem but IMO, the bigger problem is Burris. He looks like he's done, He's not very accurate, He's not really a leader, I think he's Ottawas biggest problem right now. Say what you will but the guy hasn't thrown a touchdown at home and his players look uninspired when he is on the field, Sure it was garbage time, whatever that is, but Demarco a few weeks back scored an offensive touchdown, Something Buriss hasn't done at home all year. When Demarco came in a few weeks back, the players seemed inspired. Not so much with Hank at the controls. 

Why would sask trade for Burris. That makes no sense really, sure receivers in ottawa are part of the problem but IMO, the bigger problem is Burris. He looks like he's done, He's not very accurate, He's not really a leader, I think he's Ottawas biggest problem right now. Say what you will but the guy hasn't thrown a touchdown at home and his players look uninspired when he is on the field, Sure it was garbage time, whatever that is, but Demarco a few weeks back scored an offensive touchdown, Something Buriss hasn't done at home all year. When Demarco came in a few weeks back, the players seemed inspired. Not so much with Hank at the controls. 

I think it's a wait and see kinda thing. If Sunseri will have a decent outing vs Ticats they will stand pat and roll with Sunseri, If he can't move his O downfield Cortez will get his wish to get Burris.

Well, talk about bringing a moth to a fire.

Burris back to Regina, where the fan base would be puking green all over the city. (even more so, I mean)

Imagine, the guy they love to hate, and degrade constantly, lining up behind centre.

Confusion would reign supreme, and we know how much the Riders like to be supreme.

Taman, once again, would be a marked man.

Come to think of it, they should go for it.

It is, quite likely, a move they would have to make.

The real question is…how Ottawa, with DeMarco down, handle this player-wise?

more talk this morning of Burris to Riders and I'm positively giddy over the thought of it. The most Brendan Taman-y thing since the Zeke (and Destroy) Moreno deal. If there's a God, he gives up a pile of future for it...

The ironing would be delicious. I'd almost like to see it just to see all the headlines/ story lines.

It's always nice to have a crisp, clean shirt on but I'm not really sure how that applies here... and I wouldn't strongly advise against tasting the ironing to see how delicious it is...

Never mind that it's one of the most used lines on the internet. God, I hate people...

Yea but at the end of the day, it's really a moo point..

Yea but at the end of the day, it's really a moo point..

Can we just nip this in the buttI'd just assume this is one in the sameI really could care less about this topic.  Maybe it's just my old-timers disease.

What I've learned here is two-fold.... 1. Apparently a lot of people spend far too much time on internet forums to be familiar with "most used lines on the internet".... and 2. some people should learn to take a joke... clearly I was joking (maybe not clear enough, I'll throw one of these ;)  or these  :P  after so it's more clear next time).... I'm unfamiliar with commonly used internet lines...

Also, I'm a little disappointed I missed a Simpsons quote... but on that note, I have always wondered what it would be like to wear a shirt that's been ironed....

While I'm never a fan of a qb being hurt.. It is still fresh in my memory of Rider fans being big jerks when Glenn got hurt with us.

I look forward to seeing them struggle

???

Don't look at me.  I always enjoy when the Riders pound teams with their best players in.  BTW what has Kevin Glenn ever won?  He's a ringless wonder.

Yeah he'd definitely have a ring if he hadn't gone out in the Eastern Final in 2007.  The Bombers would have pounded that crappy Rider team into the ground.

While I'm never a fan of a qb being hurt.. It is still fresh in my memory of Rider fans being big jerks when Glenn got hurt with us.

I look forward to seeing them struggle

???

Don't look at me.  I always enjoy when the Riders pound teams with their best players in.  BTW what has Kevin Glenn ever won?  He's a ringless wonder.

Yeah he'd definitely have a ring if he hadn't gone out in the Eastern Final in 2007.  The Bombers would have pounded that crappy Rider team into the ground.

A season where Glenn was protecting the ball well and losing the Grey Cup primarily because the rookie qb committed 4 turnovers... siiiiiggghhhh. The football gods truly hate us Bomber fans, they put us through so much **** time and time again. 

What I find extremely rich is that the VAST majority of RiderFans were calling Sunseri hot garbage a very short month ago. Until he came into the game in relief of Durant against BC, most of them were saying how badly he had regressed this year and how the Riders would be in big trouble if Durant goes down. Durant is now down and suddenly Sunseri is more than capable. Too funny.

Sunseri, is going to be blitzed unmercifully and the opposition is going to put 8 men in the box and completely neutralize the Riders running game. This isn't speculation, that football 101. Could this be countered...sure it could...but ONLY IF Sunseri plays mistake free football and the Riders get an infusion of YAC from the receivers. Save Dressler, I don't see that happening with any consistency. Riders will be lucky to win 3 games the rest of the year.

Some people have to much of a hate for the Riders, I don't really like them but honestly, if the bombers can't win, hell, why not the riders. 

Some of you seem to have some major agendas with the riders for some reason, people talking about how classless their fans are, isn't it classless to talk about how classless another teams fans are tho? Not a rider fan but... If the bombers can't win, why not the riders? for as much as some may not want to admit, bomber and rider fans are very very similar, we are brothers really, we are the small market teams. People can crap on Regina all they want, whatever but reality is, it's not that much different than Winnipeg really.

Cheer for the small market team that draws 30,000 out to games consistently or the larger market teams who barely get 25000. Give me the small market teams.

And this whole, rider fans are obnoxious, sure they are.. just like some bomber fans are too.  Those people are few and far between though.

At the Edmonton game earlier this year, leaving at the end, group of 3 or 4 bomber fans went up to Eddie Steels family and gave them the middle finger and screaming FU in their faces... So classy though for sure.  

Sure, other teams will stack the box against the Riders.  They are already doing that.  All Sunseri has to do is chip in with 150 yards and keep the turnovers to a minimum and the Riders should be able to beat the eastern teams. Sunseri needs to up his output to around 200 yards to beat western teams that aren't called the Stamps.  I bet they win more than 3 games in the second half of the season.