Durant to miss remainder of season

Mr. Perfect

Some people have to much of a hate for the Riders, I don't really like them but honestly, if the bombers can't win, hell, why not the riders. 

Some of you seem to have some major agendas with the riders for some reason, people talking about how classless their fans are, isn't it classless to talk about how classless another teams fans are tho? Not a rider fan but... If the bombers can't win, why not the riders? for as much as some may not want to admit, bomber and rider fans are very very similar, we are brothers really, we are the small market teams. People can crap on Regina all they want, whatever but reality is, it's not that much different than Winnipeg really.

Cheer for the small market team that draws 30,000 out to games consistently or the larger market teams who barely get 25000. Give me the small market teams.

And this whole, rider fans are obnoxious, sure they are.. just like some bomber fans are too.  Those people are few and far between though.

At the Edmonton game earlier this year, leaving at the end, group of 3 or 4 bomber fans went up to Eddie Steels family and gave them the middle finger and screaming FU in their faces... So classy though for sure.  

Leave this site immediately with that nonsense. There isn't a plausible situation where I will cheer for the Riders. It just won't and can't happen.

Some people have to much of a hate for the Riders, I don't really like them but honestly, if the bombers can't win, hell, why not the riders. 

Some of you seem to have some major agendas with the riders for some reason, people talking about how classless their fans are, isn't it classless to talk about how classless another teams fans are tho? Not a rider fan but... If the bombers can't win, why not the riders? for as much as some may not want to admit, bomber and rider fans are very very similar, we are brothers really, we are the small market teams. People can crap on Regina all they want, whatever but reality is, it's not that much different than Winnipeg really.

Cheer for the small market team that draws 30,000 out to games consistently or the larger market teams who barely get 25000. Give me the small market teams.

And this whole, rider fans are obnoxious, sure they are.. just like some bomber fans are too.  Those people are few and far between though.

At the Edmonton game earlier this year, leaving at the end, group of 3 or 4 bomber fans went up to Eddie Steels family and gave them the middle finger and screaming FU in their faces... So classy though for sure.  

ummmm They call themselves the best fans in the CFL, they call themselves "Canada’s team" They buy antagonistic billboards in other teams cities.

The majority of their fan base is a recent phenomenon that really hasn't had to deal with any real adversity save for one losing season

Yeah I'll get right on cheering for them!

Can't play the game if you don't have a team to play against.  I don't have any hatred towards any sports team*.  But the last 15 years of rider fans braying like goats has gotten tiresome.

* the toronto maple leaves are not a sports team, and do not even have the ability to properly pluralize their own name

Probably 3 or 4 drunk bomber fans lol. You're right, we all have 'obnoxious' fans, but the big issue with Rider fans that I have is their attitude towards other teams fans. Here's one for your chew one, I was at the game many many years ago, when John Hufnagel was our backup, Tom Clements was our #1, and IMO the greatest RB the bombers ever had was in the backfield, Willard Reaves. After our first five possesions (all in the first half) it was 35 to 0 for the good guys (us). Final score IIRC, was 48 to 3. 

Leaving the game, there were about four or five Sk fans (I knew that because they were all painted green with Sk Rider capes on and the sk logo painted on their faces). I was walking beside them back to my car, which was across the street and across the tracks (west side) in a field/lot off of Silver ave. They were probably um, approached by about 50 to 70 'bomber fans' on the way to their vehicle (I had gotten to mine first so not sure where they were parked).

Want to know something? Not ONE bomber fan talked smack to them. Not one. All the fans that approached them told them to 'hang in there' and showed respect to them to how they supported their team which in the 80's was badly outclassed by the bombers (and pretty much every other team in the league).

So don't come on here preaching about how 'good' the Sk fans are. Good fans are fans who know how to win with some humility. There's always bad apples in every fan base for sure, but for the most part I've always found bomber fans more or less respectful of other teams fans. But when the shoe's on the other foot, and you get 15 years of being humiliated by the other teams fans (because after all, what else do they have and IMO people who do that have extremely low self esteem, so they make up for it through their sports teams) do not get any respect from me whatsoever. 

The team - yes, The 'Riders have built an awesome team out there after decades of futility, good for them. But their fans, the way they are acting, do not deserve that team. Feel free to cheer, feel free to jeer the opposing team, but do not diss the fans. Everyone has a right to cheer. Me? I love it when other fans of the opposition are around me. I usually have a lot of fun with them, but I never disrespect them. Except for rider fans, they are fun. But when it's all you got, well I still pity the fools.

Good fans are fans who know how to win with some humility.

That's basically the problem I have with the Rider fan base. I got not problem with the older rider fans who have been through all that **** in the past, they have learned that humility, they know how easy it is to be stuck in that wasteland of bad team management. It's all these bandwagon jumped who hopped on board after the Riders started to emerge from their futile ways that bug me. 2003 they started to really pile on the bandwagon. Going to University in Brandon all of a sudden out of nowhere people start mouthing off about the Riders beating the Bombers in the playoffs and I knew damned well they didn't know **** about football and then all of a sudden they're strutting around like they've been fans forever. Get ******. It got worse after 2007 and it's still just as bad. That franchise badly needs a good run of bad teams again just to thin out the douchebags in the fan base who actually bought that crap about them being the best fans in the world. 

Sure, other teams will stack the box against the Riders.  They are already doing that.  All Sunseri has to do is chip in with 150 yards and keep the turnovers to a minimum and the Riders should be able to beat the eastern teams. Sunseri needs to up his output to around 200 yards to beat western teams that aren't called the Stamps.  I bet they win more than 3 games in the second half of the season.

If Sunseri is throwing 150 yards a game, the Riders will lose more often than they win. East division or not.

Leave this site immediately with that nonsense. There isn't a plausible situation where I will cheer for the Riders. It just won't and can't happen.

Are you sure?  Say a Rider victory = Bomber play-off birth.  You aren't cheering for the Riders given that situation?  Doubt it.

Agreed. Everyone has good and bad fans. So stupid how hyped up the hate for Saskatchewan is.

No...the hate was there long before. You guys have only been a winning franchise for the past 7 years and have had some duds in that time frame. The hate is their because for 40 years we were a far superior football club but would go into Regina on Labor Day and get beat by the laughing stock of the league. The fact you guys have had a good couple seasons while we've struggled maybe intensifies that a bit, but that worm will turn in the next couple years and we will still hate the Riders when they are back in their rightful place in the West basement.

The thing about Tommy John is you can be back playing in 10-12 months but it takes about 24 to get it back to where it was before the injury. See this in baseball a lot guys come back after a year and are effective but the year after is when they are back to throwing like they were before blowing out there elbows. Cant remember the last time I heard a QB get tommy john surgery though.

Agreed. Everyone has good and bad fans. So stupid how hyped up the hate for Saskatchewan is.

Learn to embrace and love the hate.  It is there because the Riders are a winning team.

Only because winning breeds bandwagon fans who are annoying as all hell... Truth be told I could actually find a lot to like on that team if the fan base weren't filled with such insufferable *****. 

MFranc, You better hope it's not Tommy John surgery on Durant. That carries a minimum 12-18 month rehab. They won't even let an athlete attempt to throw before the 11-12 month mark.

It can't be as there is a very outside chance he could be back for the play-offs.  They are guaranteeing that he be ready for training camp so it must not be TJ surgery.

Learn to embrace and love the hate.  It is there because the Riders are a winning team.

Only because winning breeds bandwagon fans who are annoying as all hell... Truth be told I could actually find a lot to like on that team if the fan base weren't filled with such insufferable *****. 

For those of us who lived through years and years of utter ineptitude these are great times.  

X2. Hate that team more than anything else. Their fans are the most obnoxious. 

Agreed. Everyone has good and bad fans. So stupid how hyped up the hate for Saskatchewan is.

See... it's comments like that that really rub me the wrong way.  Makes me gag, literally. 

Agreed. Everyone has good and bad fans. So stupid how hyped up the hate for Saskatchewan is.

See... it's comments like that that really rub me the wrong way.  Makes me gag, literally. 

Hate whomever you want.  I'd rather cheer for a winning team that everyone hates then the loveable losers.  

Learn to embrace and love the hate. It is there because the Riders are a winning team.

See... it's comments like that that really rub me the wrong way. Makes me gag, literally.

Hate whomever you want. I'd rather cheer for a winning team that everyone hates then the loveable losers.

Have fun cheering for the hated loser with no qb

* the toronto maple leaves are not a sports team, and do not even have the ability to properly pluralize their own name

I would rather live through a century of continuous Roughrider Grey Cup championships than see a single Toronto Stanley Cup.

Leaf fans are way more insufferable than Roughrider fans.

They are the same persons.

I despise the riders.. And i despise a certain segment of their fanbase..

I also have a very strong dislike for the province and Regina in general.. Bunk city with no oomph! So dreary and boring.. its essentially brandon in saskatchewan..

I despise the riders.. And i despise a certain segment of their fanbase..

I also have a very strong dislike for the province and Regina in general.. Bunk city with no oomph! So dreary and boring.. its essentially brandon in saskatchewan..

Kind of like a small Winnipeg without all the potted plant crappers eh?

;)